And it's there is the place we call home
Where on the 12th we rejoin, to remember the Boyne
And let's pray to have no pope of rome
Ooooh no pope of rome, no chapels to sadden my eyes
No nuns & no priests, f*ck yer rosary beads
Everyday is the 12th of July.
still gets belted out , believe me

The Queen said no to Mass.

To the tune of We're gonna win the league. Mid 80s i think v them shortly after HM had turned down an invite to attend Mass. Simple but effective.
Tannadice 1985,was standing next to the dugouts singing that and Tommy coyne given us the fingers, prick.

Tannadice 1985,was standing next to the dugouts singing that and Tommy coyne given us the fingers, prick.
One of my first games as a wee kid, Charlie Nicholas warming up at Ibrox (for Aberdeen?).

"Chaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarlie Nicholas.

Is a wanker.
Is a wanker."

I was shocked that I was witnessing thousands of grown men not only singing in unison but also swearing.

What are your favourite songs that we sang briefly then they completely vanished?

As poorly as his tenure ended, "Warburton is Magic" was a cracking chant IMO.
Favourite for me though was "We're on our way" in Gerrards first season.

What say the good Bears of FF?

I reckon there must be loads of these kind of songs for players, managers and events in our history.
I always liked No Surrender sang to the Amazing Grace tune.

If I had the wings of a sparrow if I had a arse of a crow I'd fly over parkhead tomorrow and sh!te on the ba5tards below.
Sh!te on Sh!te on Sh!te on the Ba5tards below below.
Sh!te on Sh!te on Sh!te on the Ba5tards below.

I think after the Braga away leg the DJ was playing some crappy pop tunes in the ground and we got kept back for ages. l will never forget the bears all absolutely buzzing signing this.

Oh don't you dare look back
Just keep your eyes on me
I said you're holding back
She said shut up and GDANSK with me
This woman is my destiny
She said oh oh oh
Shut up and GDANSK with me.
that was utter class, whole away end rocking!

Pope Paul's in his grave, tra la la la la
Pope Paul's in his grave grave tra la la la la la.

She'll take more care of you
McGarvie's wife, McGarvie's wife.

Brilliant in 75. It grew louder each game on the build up to Easter Rd.

Yes. Very similar to now. It was almost as if it was too good to be true and people were scared to jinx it.

But gradually with each passing week the realisation that the league was becoming a reality meant that it was sung with more and more conviction.

Goosebumps just thinking about it.

Fond memories of a few years ago, near the end of the season,

Dundee United's going Down, Down....
(to the Petula Clark tune)

The Emílson Cribari song to the tune of Terrence Trent D’arbys “sign your name across my heart” was one of my faves.

They’re keeping you in like sheep in a pen, to the tune of when I was young.
Sung to the Aberdeen support after we humped them 5-1(I think) and the police wouldn’t let them out of the ground.

Two Amaruso’s, there’s only two Amaruso’s.
Sung at Tannadice after the Juventus player with the same name scored a late penalty to beat Celtic. It was the game Martin O’Neil launched into his ‘extraordinary’ rant.
Big Lorenzo actually waved over the Rangers support as it was being sung :D

Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday dear billy
Happy birthday to you

For Billy McNeil as we beat
Them at Ibrox

Childish but great when the whole stadium sings it....

Tell all the tims you know, inverness is as far as you'll go, you wont need your ? Or your bucket and spade, you'll just need a sledge for the snow. Sung when they routinely got papped out of europe. Put a ? as for the life of me cant remember what word should be there

”Glory, glory, what a hell of a way to die...” emanating loudly from the Gers end when our keeper (may have been McGregor in his first spell?) wiped out Scott Brown at the piggery. He was lying spark out on the turf and it seemed a really bad one, but zero f*cks were being given at the time.

Brown may have suffered permanent brain damage in the incident but who could tell.

”Glory, glory, what a hell of a way to die...” emanating loudly from the Gers end when our keeper (may have been McGregor in his first spell?) wiped out Scott Brown at the piggery. He was lying spark out on the turf and it seemed a really bad one, but zero f*cks were being given at the time.

Brown may have suffered permanent brain damage in the incident but who could tell.

That combined with "Dig a hole and bury him" for some poor beast on a stretcher taken past the entire Rangers end at the paedodome in the mid-80s.

Guy went about 150 metres collecting coins, ashtrays and bottles on his napper before the ambulance men realised they may have made an arse of it.

In the 90s and 00s in Europe the bears were getting grassed to UEFA for so called dodgy songs by FARE , journalists and various mentally challengeds, ( no other team seemed to get this treatment) anyway after a hefty fine the next away Euro game the bears were gathered in the main square singing Kumbaya and hymns. Not the best but I thought it was funny, so did Ally and Walter when they heard about it apparently.

Don’t know if mentioned , but the simple hey Jude na na na na rangers Always sounded good sung slowly had a big choir effect , Seemed to stop around the eighties , The mentally challengeds do it now I believe

There was a man at Ibrox and his hair was going grey,
he f**ked the pope, the Celtic and he f**ked the IRA,
he had a row with Souness and was told 'yer on yer way'
but the wee man said 'I'll stay'
glory, glory Graham Roberts,
glory, glory Graham Roberts
I'd like to teach the world to sing,
The sash my father wore,
And hang the Pope, in an orange rope,
And then he'd %^*& no more,
It's the real thing

From late 60's early 70's, song of the New Seekers.

Back