FC Midtjylland: Danish Champions

Unfortunately the giant points gap between us and them doesn’t fit the rhetoric that they’re just a wee bit ahead of us, and the treble treble does sort of fit with the idea that they have a winning mentality.

There’s a difference between being beaten by a better team and just throwing it away. The point I’m making is that they were not good enough to stop us had we not crumbled.

That issue still needs addressed if we are to win the league and I’m not debating that. If we maintain a consistent level of performance we will win the league. There is no doubt about that.

I don't think they're miles ahead of us but there is no doubt they have a much better winning mentality than us. We seemed to thrive in Europe when there wasn't as much pressure.

We have shown real strength of character on many occasions and the ability to perform under scrutiny. I don’t think a winning mentality is the issue. We need to be clinical and the gaffer needs to change things to when our game plan is not working.

I mind saying to an unwashed in work, when they were due to play Copenhagen in the Europa league 2nd, leg that we beat midtjylland, who were top of their league at the time, Copenhagen being a few places below,that they should pump them, I had a funny feeling they’d f@£& it up. That Friday in work was enjoyable shall we say.

We have shown real strength of character on many occasions and the ability to perform under scrutiny. I don’t think a winning mentality is the issue. We need to be clinical and the gaffer needs to change things to when our game plan is not working.

I do agree with your last sentence, however, its been notable that every time we get in to a position to lead we absolutely bottle it.

Loved the piper welcome and the bar staff in the Gers tops. Was a nice touch. Such a different atmosphere when there's not police pushing you around and a general disdain for your very being there.

@immortal7 nearly got lifted for driving 200Km/h on the drive back to Copenhagen, though. Lucky he passed the breathaliser.

my bum still squeaks when I think of that. The cuppa at the garage saved me I think.

Undefeated against the Portuguese, Danish and Polish champions but there are people on here who insist we're hopeless.

We are actually a very good side that suffers from inconsistency, considering they've only been together as a squad for a season and a half its perfectly normal.

Undefeated against the Portuguese, Danish and Polish champions but there are people on here who insist we're hopeless.

We are actually a very good side that suffers from inconsistency, considering they've only been together as a squad for a season and a half its perfectly normal.

We are a decent side when we play against teams who aren’t playing for a draw. Unfortunately 34 league games a season are played against teams who aren’t interested in opening up. Until we work out how to break that down it won’t matter how good we are against decent opposition in Europe we won’t be winning anything

We got smashed by you guys. No doubt. Our team was in a bad state, with a youth coach, who didn't have the respect in the team.

I'd like to see how we would do against you now, because we are a different team with a whole different mentality. Our defense has been stunning. 20 goals against, in 32 matches. 17points ahead of Copenhagen.

But okay, we might get a chance to smash Celtic in the Quali instead. I'll take that.

Good Luck, hope you turn it around against the germans. Cheers.

Back