Match Thread FC Ufa 1 (1) v Rangers 1 (2) - 15:00 Thursday - Rangers TV UK & Abroad

You make good points.
The exception here being that nobody wound Morelos up this time.
Today was 100@% his own stupidity.
Yes the referee made a poor decision, and kicking the ball away can be put down to frustration but what followed was stupid.
At the point of his booking he should be showing a bit of contrition and spooking ap the refs arse.
Yeah, I agree. The red mist comes down on AM too easily when thing don't go his way.

Well done Rangers nine just men - thank you for all your efforts - it's very much appreciated

As an aside - Someone arrange anger management lessons for alfie quick

this team S G has built has some spirit most teams would of folded when we went down to 9 men but not these bears WATP

Toeing the mentally challenged line? Nae worries, but if you don't think SG will not be having a right good talking to AM when we get back then he wouldn't be doing his job properly. Most important thing was that we did it and the rest can wait.
He will.
Keep doing what your doing son.
And the arseholes can bugger their own. Mothers arses is what u hope he says.

Add in a "we, as a club will deal with this and see you get a fair deal.
Oh, and. Ahhahaha.

Progressed with 9 men to where we wanted to be. Doing better in Europe than domestically! Flanagan never a sending off and Morelos needs to screw the nut cause he's aff his nut. What about that save from McGregor. What a man. I thought his penalty save away to Maribor in injury time couldn't be topped! Bring on the Group Stage draw tomorrow, fucking READY Rangers!

Delusional

He acted like a clown and put us into a brutal position

He should be hammered as he’s a liability
Without that 'liability' we aren't even playing today.

A guy who fights for the jersey, or a moaning wee lassie on a messageboard.
I know who I see as the liability.

So he should be shot?

Care to share your views on the mentally challengeds song about Novo?

FFS chief a turn of phrase, not literally. That would be harsh. He let down his team mates and has to learn . I have no time for mentally challengeds or republicans never mind murderers.

Anyway delighted with the result. Amazing achievement. If we can get a result against the scum on Sunday the terrific start to our season will be complete.

I seen the game with the grandson today, and I have to admit I am glad the lad was here with me, with all the black screen for ever, he had a feed on his phone and I am in action given it all the swear words in the world and trying to pick up a feed on my laptop, we were still Fracking About when the bold boy tells me the Rangers have scored in that tone of voice all the young do when it comes to IT any way the picture returned after a time and we were fine, till Morelos walked and then Flanagan followed, and then I spent the rest of the game behind the couch feert to come out, like a wee wane.

That looks like the Team Plane leaving Ufa about 10 mins ago; cant think of too many other Private 737's
leaving from there with a British registration, its heading North rather than East as scheduled flight to
Moscow. Will be able to guess time to Glasgow when I see its route, should be rocking ahd reckon.:cool:;)

My nerves are fecked, I was doing my school contract when the game was on , I was listening to 810 mw and the panel were terrible at describing the action, it wasn't commentary just them watching the game and talking about it, I had to watch my p's and q's then when the final whistle went the 3 in the back gave a loud cheer, should have known better they were after all from Larkhall, well done Rangers so proud of you all. #55

Never got to see the game. Listened to the dire Radio Scotland MW 810 on the way home in the motor but work went mental just as we hit the last 70 mins and got slowly crazier right up to 7pm. Lost track of what was happening in Russia.

Only now is it dawning what Stevie G has achieved already and I can't take the smile of my coupon.
Finally, this is Rangers.

We Are The People

This was pretty much me throughout the game today :D

yOE7V7.gif

The sun are running an article saying rtv was brought down by a tim who showed old firm goals against us. Now my link never worked but I certainly never seen this?

It was a YouTube stream ran by a Tim. He put up some Old Firm goals at the end just as Kent had that chance on the break.

Yes. A tim streams every single Rangers game on YouTube. Weirdo.

Annoyingly I couldn't see the game but what an enormous achievement by Gerrard, his staff and most importantly the players. A heroic defensive performance and a tactical masterclass from the manager.

Just in from work.

That was horrible.

Nipped out for a late lunch to try watch the game elsewhere. Shitty cafe wifi and dodgy RTV stream made it near impossible. Missed our goal. Stream reloaded just in time to see Morelos getting sent off. Saw their goal. Nightmare stuff.

Went back to the office to catch the second half (at least work internet was reliable) and watch the game on RTV (discreetly windowed in a wee corner of the screen) honestly thought a heart attack was on the way, but trying to hide any kind of emotion from colleagues (whilst still pretending to work)

What a result though. All worth it. Just about to watch the highlights now with a stiff drink

That looks like the Team Plane leaving Ufa about 10 mins ago; cant think of too many other Private 737's
leaving from there with a British registration, its heading North rather than East as scheduled flight to
Moscow. Will be able to guess time to Glasgow when I see its route, should be rocking ahd reckon.:cool:;)
Wee update; planes gone by St.Petersburg, Tallin & now over Stockholm. Strange route to miss coming
across busy corridor of Poland,Germany, Holland then up across Newcastle. Reckon should be in for
about 01:15-- 01:30, give ewes a shout when he gets to our coast off Edinburgh.:cool::)

So proud of my team tonight.
Mon the fùcking Rangers ! ⚪

on a flight to Mexico since 10 am this morning and landed 7.15 tonight . no way of knowing anything about the game. asked a stewardess if she could find out the score and was told we were to far out.

Absolute murder sitting for hours not knowing the score.

as the plane landed on the tarmac I switched my phone on to find the result. What a job Gerrard has done so far.

on a flight to Mexico since 10 am this morning and landed 7.15 tonight . no way of knowing anything about the game. asked a stewardess if she could find out the score and was told we were to far out.

Absolute murder sitting for hours not knowing the score.

as the plane landed on the tarmac I switched my phone on to find the result. What a job Gerrard has done so far.
Enjoy your trip Brother.

W.A.T.P

Morelos was naive , that’s it. He needs to box a bit cleverer.

I’m almost certain that will be the basis of Steve’s conversation with him. It’s about man management and anyone with eyes on their head could tell that the hairdryer won’t work with Alfie. An arm round the shoulder, a think about it son and “f*cking hell, I’ve been there but you need to rise above it La” is how this will be handled

Wee update; planes gone by St.Petersburg, Tallin & now over Stockholm. Strange route to miss coming
across busy corridor of Poland,Germany, Holland then up across Newcastle. Reckon should be in for
about 01:15-- 01:30, give ewes a shout when he gets to our coast off Edinburgh.:cool::)
Almost home, over Blairgowrie @ 17000 ft, on direct heading, be going over HUMMELPARK
in 10mins. bar any hiccups on ground in15 mins, welcime home Gerrards Heroes.:D

Stil buzzing about the team getting group stages!

Bring on Sunday.. lets do this Rangers c'mon

There's not a team like the Glasgow Rangers!

Heroic , Doesn't even start to sum up today's efforts , immense all round

8 games unbeaten in Europe , into the group stages , with a rookie manager and newly assembled team , beyond our wildest dreams pre-season

Quietly confident for Sunday

By a country mile

There was a pile of comments like that during the game too.

Dunno if it’s just being used a turn of phrase but whether the decision was right or wrong, at best it was marginal.

He’s right in line with Tav and would be on or off by the with of a football boot when the ball was played.

It makes you wonder whether anyone making that kind of comment actually knows what offside is.

There was a pile of comments like that during the game too.

Dunno if it’s just being used a turn of phrase but whether the decision was right or wrong, at best it was marginal.

He’s right in line with Tav and would be on or off by the with of a football boot when the ball was played.

It makes you wonder whether anyone making that kind of comment actually knows what offside is.

Unfortunately, the camera angle is really shite, and makes it almost impossible to get the right perspective. For me, having watched it loads of times now, he's offside 100%, so the linesman got it wrong - however, it's way closer than people were making out at the time. People suggesting it was multiple yards off side are at it.

Sorry. Bit amateur this, best I could manage. Tried to line up with the cuts in the grass, then dragged it up to Tav's trailing foot.

yfq2CfV.jpg

Unfortunately, the camera angle is really shite, and makes it almost impossible to get the right perspective. For me, having watched it loads of times now, he's offside 100%, so the linesman got it wrong - however, it's way closer than people were making out at the time. People suggesting it was multiple yards off side are at it.

Sorry. Bit amateur this, best I could manage. Tried to line up with the cuts in the grass, then dragged it up to Tav's trailing foot.

yfq2CfV.jpg

Rather than the line of the grass, if you look at the half way line, your line isn’t parallel.

That would be the best judge of it for me and would put the guy closer inside than the pic above suggests he was.

It’s a very tight call. You’d have to give huge benefit of the doubt to the linesman of the argument is he’s seen Tav’s left heel playing him inside given their player is past the rest of our defence, is going the other way from Tav and the ball is 30 yards to the linos left as he’s looking at all of the above.

Even if the call he made was correct, it’s been by luck / accident

Is Tav’s positioning correct there as an aside?

I know you can’t tell from a still shot but he’s not even looking at the play to get his defensive line. I wonder if that’s the sort of in depth look at things professional teams deal with when reviewing incidents.?

Back