Match Thread FC Ufa 1 (1) v Rangers 1 (2) - 15:00 Thursday - Rangers TV UK & Abroad

Rather than the line of the grass, if you look at the half way line, your line isn’t parallel.

That would be the best judge of it for me and would put the guy closer inside than the pic above suggests he was.

It’s a very tight call. You’d have to give huge benefit of the doubt to the linesman of the argument is he’s seen Tav’s left heel playing him inside given their player is past the rest of our defence, is going the other way from Tav and the ball is 30 yards to the linos left as he’s looking at all of the above.

Even if the call he made was correct, it’s been by luck / accident

Is Tav’s positioning correct there as an aside?

I know you can’t tell from a still shot but he’s not even looking at the play to get his defensive line. I wonder if that’s the sort of in depth look at things professional teams deal with when reviewing incidents.?

I tried that mate before posting. If you make a line parallel with the the half way line, then move it down the park, it just clearly isn't the right angle. By doing that he's about four yards onside and more than just Tav is playing him on. The camera angle/positioning has really skewed it to make it very difficult to tell.

If he is offside, I think it exonerates Tav. Just like Morelos versus Killie when some pundits argued he should have burst the net. Rules are rules.

It's the perfect example of a decision that would be massively improved by technology. Albeit they'd need much better broadcasting equipment at the ground.

Fckn brilliant feeling this morning,team showed a great spirit and backbone last night,wonder if the mhedia will celebrate our win and big us up or will it be the negatives and alfies sending off????

Rather than the line of the grass, if you look at the half way line, your line isn’t parallel.

That would be the best judge of it for me and would put the guy closer inside than the pic above suggests he was.

It’s a very tight call. You’d have to give huge benefit of the doubt to the linesman of the argument is he’s seen Tav’s left heel playing him inside given their player is past the rest of our defence, is going the other way from Tav and the ball is 30 yards to the linos left as he’s looking at all of the above.

Even if the call he made was correct, it’s been by luck / accident

Is Tav’s positioning correct there as an aside?

I know you can’t tell from a still shot but he’s not even looking at the play to get his defensive line. I wonder if that’s the sort of in depth look at things professional teams deal with when reviewing incidents.?

The lines wouldn’t be parallel. As the play moves up the pitch it would become closer to vertical.

I think linesman must have more trouble when it’s that close to them. They can’t see both the ball and the player in their field of view at the same time so must have to assume a bit.

Missed this due to work but was checking this thread from time to time. To say that I was on tenterhooks is an understatement. First match that I haven't watched on RTV this season. Id forgotten how much I prefer watching live as opposed to following the match thread :eek::D. Anyway, outstanding achievement by the team and management. It really does feel like we have our team back. Well done to all.

With the benefit of hindsight it could be that yesterday’s game, even with all its dramas, was exactly what we needed. Expectations were high but if we had lost we’d have been satisfied with the progress made. But to go through in those circumstances has made heroes of the team and no doubt reinforced the team spirit more than the manager could ever have anticipated.

If we beat the Bheastenders (stole that from another post) on Sunday, Monday will be fun.

Back