FC Zurich v Hearts

Of all the teams in the league Hearts and Livingstone certainly can’t be accused of not trying against them.
It's paranoid lunacy that Timmy would be proud of. I can just imagine the manager's team talk before the game "right, lads. I'd like you all to go out there today and not try a leg against Celtic so it puts my job in jeopardy and you lot don't get a win bonus and the chance to put yourself in the shop window"

How many times did we beat them last season? And you are aware (you're probably not to be honest) that Celtic have far better players and a much bigger budget than Hearts?
You seem to be arguing with yourself here.
I did t realise that celtic had better players and a bigger budget than hearts. Thanks for pointing that out. I'll sleep easy knowing that.

With a bit more ambition going forward i think youd have taken something from tonight.

You defence was an absolute shambles but theirs wasnt much better, they just werent tested enough.
I was sent a message ‘they are very average’ and my response was ‘on this showing so are we’.

It was a typical Neilson approach. Halkett going off so early was a setback but we invited them to pressurise us.

Tynecastle bouncing and a good, fast start and it's game on imo. European away games are tough and a single goal deficit is not bad.
It was always going to be difficult. Poor start to the season or not they obviously have some quality. It was disappointing after taking the lead to capitulate inside 4 minutes but we definitely have a chance next week!

Hearts perhaps lucky not to lose a third but they've given themselves a chance. They had some decent spells in this game (Barrie McKay way ahead of any other Hearts player though he faded in the latter part of the game).

I was sent a message ‘they are very average’ and my response was ‘on this showing so are we’.

It was a typical Neilson approach. Halkett going off so early was a setback but we invited them to pressurise us.
Was quite impressed by how you dealt with the loss of two goals afterwards; you kept a very disciplined shape for much of it, and if they got a chance ever it wasn't much to really trouble you. Hopefully you win next week.

Watched that game. Two poor teams. Unbelievable that hearts have the chance to qualify for league stage after one game against scrap team. Only a chance right enough. I think theyll get beat at home.

I already proved you were talking paranoid pish by providing three examples of performances they put in last season.
The examples where they won once? Excellent job. Keep up the good work.
Let's revisit this after the game on Sunday, ensure to bring a spoon for your humble pie

The examples where they won once? Excellent job. Keep up the good work.
Let's revisit this after the game on Sunday, ensure to bring a spoon for your humble pie
Is a performance only worthy of praise if it's a win? And I'm under no illusions that Celtic will win on Sunday, the bookies odds kinda point towards it. But it's outstanding tipping from you predicting a Celtic victory.

Is a performance only worthy of praise if it's a win? And I'm under no illusions that Celtic will win on Sunday, the bookies odds kinda point towards it. But it's outstanding tipping from you predicting a Celtic victory.
Was you making excuses saying hearts are expected to lose due to celtic having better players and more money. Good selective memory though.
Let's wait and see the performance. It won't be worth any praise.

Was you making excuses saying hearts are expected to lose due to celtic having better players and more money. Good selective memory though.
Let's wait and see the performance. It won't be worth any praise.
Of course they're expected to lose, but they won't TRY to lose. See the difference?*

*you probably don't.

Of course they're expected to lose, but they won't TRY to lose. See the difference?*

*you probably don't.
Point out where I said they would TRY and lose.
I said they'd put in a pathetic performance.
See the difference?*
*you won't as you are incapable of comprehension.

We would get humiliated in the EL proper. Dundee Utd style hammerings potentially. I still want us to qualify though.
Not necessarily mate. I looked earlier at who we might get if we end up in there too. Some decent teams likely to be in pot2 and 3 but a lot of dross in both too. Fair enough, pot1 the absolute best you could hope for is likely to be Kyiv or Olympiakos as the worst ranked pot1's if Red Star and Zagreb go on to qualify for CL. It'd 100% be luck of the draw. Could get Arsenal, Feyenoord and Betis, for example, and get multiple spankings or equally get Olympiakos, Ludogurets and Midtylland and have a realistic shot at at least finishing 3rd and the Conference knock outs imo.

It was always going to be difficult. Poor start to the season or not they obviously have some quality. It was disappointing after taking the lead to capitulate inside 4 minutes but we definitely have a chance next week!

It was a decent result and they've given themselves a real chance of getting through. I thought that during the first half Hearts midfielders allowed themselves to be bullied but your manager got it sorted at half time. You were always in the game in that second half.

Not necessarily mate. I looked earlier at who we might get if we end up in there too. Some decent teams likely to be in pot2 and 3 but a lot of dross in both too. Fair enough, pot1 the absolute best you could hope for is likely to be Kyiv or Olympiakos as the worst ranked pot1's if Red Star and Zagreb go on to qualify for CL. It'd 100% be luck of the draw. Could get Arsenal, Feyenoord and Betis, for example, and get multiple spankings or equally get Olympiakos, Ludogurets and Midtylland and have a realistic shot at at least finishing 3rd and the Conference knock outs imo.
Basing it on the results Rangers have had in recent seasons I’d say that all of the pot 2 and 3 teams, and at least half of pot 1 are beatable… for Rangers. It does feel that we are levels off what is required but I suppose the only way to find out for sure is to get there.

Do you think Zurich would be cannon fodder for the big guns in the EL based on their showing tonight?

It was a decent result and they've given themselves a real chance of getting through. I thought that during the first half Hearts midfielders allowed themselves to be bullied but your manager got it sorted at half time. You were always in the game in that second half.
Haring was needing a rocket up his arse. Barrie played very well in the second half. Devlin put in the effort but as time goes on I have started to see he’s not a very good footballer. At least not as good as many Jambos think. He’s a nuisance and certainly handy in Scotland but he was out of his depth tonight.

Big save by Gordon from the 1on1 at the end could be crucial.

If they look on here they’ll see most on here wanting them to win, Totally different to their forum, They despise us.

Who says any where that we’re looking to be loved ?

I want them pumped, They got beat 2-1 that’ll do for me, Happy days.

Same here, feck them, the whole fucking lot of them.
The more humiliating thrashings dished out to all the backstabbing bastards in our league, the better.
And I couldn't give one slender feck about the coefficient.
Guys on here kidding themselves on that hertz are somehow our wee pals need their heids looked.
Lol

Basing it on the results Rangers have had in recent seasons I’d say that all of the pot 2 and 3 teams, and at least half of pot 1 are beatable… for Rangers. It does feel that we are levels off what is required but I suppose the only way to find out for sure is to get there.

Do you think Zurich would be cannon fodder for the big guns in the EL based on their showing tonight?
Pot1, if we do end up in EL, will have Man U, Arsenal, Lazio, Roma, us, Braga and 2 others, most likely Kyiv and Olympiakos if Zagreb and Red Star both come from 1 goal behind to win their CL ties as expected. All 7 of those other likely teams, if fielding strong 11's, would or certainly should smash Zurich on that evidence to varying degrees. Likewise Monaco, Feyenoord, Sociedad and Rennes from pot2 also tbh. Upsets happen all the time though, Gent, who are a certain pot2 side if they were to qualify, lost 2 nil at home tonight to Omonia from Cyprus who have a lower coefficient than yourselves. I think you'd acquit yourselves fine in the groups if you don't get a horrific draw. Hope you qualify tbh, the Conference has some very tough teams in it this season too. Don't see much of a difference between the 2 so why not aim high mate.

Hope hearts manage to go through. Got a chance even if Zurich are probably favourites.

Mind when Scottish football thought they wouldnt miss Rangers though?

Nae bother, don't mention it

Yes, they would be imo. They didn't really impress me and I felt Hearts could have nicked a result. Probably a combo of inexperience at that level and slight lack of quality stopped that from materialising.

I think if you make it past Zurich, it's a case of banking the cash for getting there and then viewing it as a bit of fun really, anything beyond that would be a bonus. A third place finish to drop in to the Europa Conference, would be dreamland stuff. I don't think your squad is quite at the level required to do the latter though.

View it as a learning experience and aim to be in a similar position next season, then see how you progress. You're in a position where you could, in theory, sew up the third spot for a few seasons at least, with the revenue you'll be making.

I'd "like" to see Hearts through, but also don't give a flying if they don't get through.

Think they're lucky still in it with a chance back at Tynecastle, probably should have been 3-1 and that's an altogether different task.

As an aside, videos of that song for Aussie right back have been quality and stuck in my head all day

I'd "like" to see Hearts through, but also don't give a flying if they don't get through.

Think they're lucky still in it with a chance back at Tynecastle, probably should have been 3-1 and that's an altogether different task.

As an aside, videos of that song for Aussie right back have been quality and stuck in my head all day

That's where I'm at.

3-1 the tie is dead and buried. At 2-1 not so much and we of all people should know that.

A noisy Tynecastle packed to the rafters might just put the shitters up the Swiss.

A think hearts have a chance at home 2-1is a close scorre but hope they do get bet or a draw confrence league is more fitting for them.

Interesting views.

Thought hearts turned the ball over in ridiculous positions and were being run onto with ease.

Pitch was a leveller.

Zurich will win next week if the naivety continues.

What I would say is if Hearts revert to the crash football with a couple runners they like to try against us. It might just work. But they overcommitted tonight to create not very much in the end up and could have conceded 5.

Would be great to see another club in Scotland get a chunk of cash in Europe. It’s the only way that our league will become more competitive.

Can see Hearts going through tbh.

Earl Haigs will pump them as Hearts will rest key players for this. Can’t really blame them with the £££ at stake.

I hope they make it next week. It’s always a coefficient vs “ having a laugh at some Rangers haters failing” scenario but I’ll cut Hearts a bit of slack. Our country coefficient is awful so far this season. It’s going to need all the help it can get ( currently 41st and that includes the automatic four points for Celtic).

Point out where I said they would TRY and lose.
I said they'd put in a pathetic performance.
See the difference?*
*you won't as you are incapable of comprehension.
And how do you know they'll put in a pathetic performance? Has it ever occurred to you (probably not) that they'll simply get beat by the better team?

Why is there a "well known member" Jambo fan on this forum? But strange if you ask me.

I certainly wouldn't be a member of another teams forum especially within the Scottish game.

They fucking hate us.

Why is there a "well known member" Jambo fan on this forum? But strange if you ask me.

I certainly wouldn't be a member of another teams forum especially within the Scottish game.

They fucking hate us.
That's up to you. He's a good poster and doesn't troll anybody.

The last bit of your post is nonsense. I know plenty of Hearts fans and not one of them hates Rangers.

Pot1, if we do end up in EL, will have Man U, Arsenal, Lazio, Roma, us, Braga and 2 others, most likely Kyiv and Olympiakos if Zagreb and Red Star both come from 1 goal behind to win their CL ties as expected. All 7 of those other likely teams, if fielding strong 11's, would or certainly should smash Zurich on that evidence to varying degrees. Likewise Monaco, Feyenoord, Sociedad and Rennes from pot2 also tbh. Upsets happen all the time though, Gent, who are a certain pot2 side if they were to qualify, lost 2 nil at home tonight to Omonia from Cyprus who have a lower coefficient than yourselves. I think you'd acquit yourselves fine in the groups if you don't get a horrific draw. Hope you qualify tbh, the Conference has some very tough teams in it this season too. Don't see much of a difference between the 2 so why not aim high mate.
Suppose the difference between the 2 competitions is that there are a higher percentage of lower coefficient teams in the conference then. I’m hopeful of a good performance next week and then the result taking care of itself. We have nothing to lose by just going for it.

Yes, they would be imo. They didn't really impress me and I felt Hearts could have nicked a result. Probably a combo of inexperience at that level and slight lack of quality stopped that from materialising.

I think if you make it past Zurich, it's a case of banking the cash for getting there and then viewing it as a bit of fun really, anything beyond that would be a bonus. A third place finish to drop in to the Europa Conference, would be dreamland stuff. I don't think your squad is quite at the level required to do the latter though.

View it as a learning experience and aim to be in a similar position next season, then see how you progress. You're in a position where you could, in theory, sew up the third spot for a few seasons at least, with the revenue you'll be making.
I agree with your assessment of Zurich and I think we would also be whipping boys for 2 of the 3 other teams in a group. However 3rd wouldn’t be out of the question if we landed 2 big guns and a relative minnow like ourselves, we could effectively battle it out over 2 games for the consolation prize.

Either way I’m still looking forward to a good few Sunday kickoffs :cool:

How often do Rangers hammer Hearts these days? Not often

If Hears are well organised then you will have a decent shot at points at home in the groups.

Back