FC Zurich v Hearts

Watched that game. Two poor teams. Unbelievable that hearts have the chance to qualify for league stage after one game against scrap team. Only a chance right enough. I think theyll get beat at home.
It's right that Scottish teams are rewarded due to Rangers efforts. 'Big 5, teams get into these tournaments for doing nothing other than spending Sky and TV money by virtue of geography and a lot of shagging giving them big populations.

If Hearts can get an early goal next week I'd fancy them to go through.

Surprised by how poor Zurich looked considering they are champions of Switzerland. Have they sold alot of players in the summer?

Id like to see them go though and theyve got a chance but like all other Scottish Teams they dont score enough goals and are flaky in defence so its still a longshot.

That's up to you. He's a good poster and doesn't troll anybody.

The last bit of your post is nonsense. I know plenty of Hearts fans and not one of them hates Rangers.
Oh so because you know a few that don't speak ill of us that automatically means they don't hate us?

Right.

Why is there a "well known member" Jambo fan on this forum? But strange if you ask me.

I certainly wouldn't be a member of another teams forum especially within the Scottish game.

They fucking hate us.

I never could understand why any Rangers supporter would feel the need to cuddle up to these feckers as they do on this forum, pre 2012 maybe, I guess some don't really get what their club tried to do to us back then.
If there was a celtic supporter on here, would that be acceptable too if he was "a good poster" and fair minded?
There's no difference, his club was as guilty as celtic in 2012, maybe more.
Their general fan base has shown where they stand as far as we're concerned.
The whole situation seems very hypocritical to me, personally wouldn't let the feckers anywhere near this, or any other, Rangers forum!

There is no real upside to Hearts qualifying is there?

If they make Europa, wouldn’t they get a slice of our TV money if we go out next week and they are more likely to increase the co-efficient in the Conference. They’d take some hammerings in a tough Europa league group.
Tbh they'd probably take a few hammerings in a tough Conference League group too. It's a complete fallacy that it's some sort of tournament for all the rubbish teams from Europe and our other clubs would somehow fair a lot better than in the Europa. Villareal, Basel, Slavia, Young Boys, Alkmaar, Basaksehir, West Ham, Rapid, Fiorentina, Gent (likely after last night), Molde, Apoel, Cluj, Partizan, Koln, Bratislava and Steau are all more than decent teams, highly experienced in Europe, and a combination of the above will make up pots 1 and 2. The only plus side for Hearts, taking us and the TV pot split out of it and discussing purely football, of being in the Conference over the Europa is they will very likely sneak into pot3, no chance of that in Europa, as plenty other teams in it have less than the 7.350 coefficient they have. That might give them an outside chance of progressing if they can nail some good results at Tynecastle. Like I said earlier though, they've more or less an equal chance of a favourable or tough draw in both competitions. Conference doesn't automatically mean they'd boost the coefficient.

I never could understand why any Rangers supporter would feel the need to cuddle up to these feckers as they do on this forum, pre 2012 maybe, I guess some don't really get what their club tried to do to us back then.
If there was a celtic supporter on here, would that be acceptable too if he was "a good poster" and fair minded?
The whole situation seems very hypocritical to me, personally wouldn't let the feckers anywhere near this, or any other, Rangers forum!
The poster you mention plus others, such as Academical, more often than not offer more balanced and sensible opinions re us and our performances than half the lunatics on here who are bears. I'd personally rather read their thoughts than the predictable and inane ramblings of a large section of the doom and gloomer population on here any day.

You've just blew the Staunchometer up.

Hearts are a weird bunch. Totally conflicted.

Know a few who don’t take things too seriously and will sing the odd ‘party song’ then there’s a couple others who are so afraid of being compared to us they’ve gone full sevco.

One jambo ‘mate’ wouldn’t stop going on about the new club shite to every Rangers post I posted, I had to block him.

Hearts are a weird bunch. Totally conflicted.

Know a few who don’t take things too seriously and will sing the odd ‘party song’ then there’s a couple others who are so afraid of being compared to us they’ve gone full sevco.

One jambo ‘mate’ wouldn’t stop going on about the new club shite to every Rangers post I posted, I had to block him.

Well according to some that's complete nonsense!! Hearts don't hate us, that's ridiculous.

Some do, some don't. Crazy eh? Will you get over ok?

Well another poster was right, there's no difference to a Jambo being on here or a Celtic fan.

Don't reply to me anymore please, we don't agree with each other and that's completely fine, enjoy the rest of your evening.

Well according to some that's complete nonsense!! Hearts don't hate us, that's ridiculous.

As I said, it’s a conflicted support. Then again, not knowing where you stand is perhaps better than an Aberdeen who 100% hate us.

Was best man for a mate whose dad was director at Hearts. He’s married a girl from a massive Rangers family and sends us a well done message for every good European or Old Firm result we have. Claims to not like the Old Firm but he spends more time ranting about Celtic than me haha. So I’ll disagree with your assessment that they’re the same as Celtic fans.

The other ‘mate’ who I mentioned I blocked is a self righteous prick. His only redeeming quality is that at least he hates Celtic as much as he hates us (can’t say the same for Hibs, Dundee Utd, Aberdeen etc)

As I said, it’s a conflicted support. Then again, not knowing where you stand is perhaps better than an Aberdeen who 100% hate us.

Was best man for a mate whose dad was director at Hearts. He’s married a girl from a massive Rangers family and sends us a well done message for every good European or Old Firm result we have. Claims to not like the Old Firm but he spends more time ranting about Celtic than me haha. So I’ll disagree with your assessment that they’re the same as Celtic fans.

The other ‘mate’ who I mentioned I blocked is a self righteous prick. His only redeeming quality is that at least he hates Celtic as much as he hates us (can’t say the same for Hibs, Dundee Utd, Aberdeen etc)
Most modern day hearts fans despise us. There's the odd decent one from years ago but it's all changed days now. There's a Jambo on here he's sound but doesn't reflect the majority

Well another poster was right, there's no difference to a Jambo being on here or a Celtic fan.

Don't reply to me anymore please, we don't agree with each other and that's completely fine, enjoy the rest of your evening.
Dry yer eyes. It's football fans, some will get on with other fans and some won't. Get over it.

Most modern day hearts fans despise us. There's the odd decent one from years ago but it's all changed days now. There's a Jambo on here he's sound but doesn't reflect the majority

That was my understanding, I'm 29 years old and any contact I've had with hearts fan online and in person, have nothing good to say about us, giving it the sevco " Ur club died, we saved out club" rhetoric.

Too simplistic that tbh mate. Their support isn’t a uniformed entity. In my experience, some like us, some hate us (and Celtic).

Was at Sam Fender gig in Glasgow recently talking to a jambo, he asks us who I support and I say Rangers and he shakes my hand. Boy in our group chat is the same, has a preference for us and loves the ‘cultural songs’. These were guys in their 20s. My best mate is in his 30s, obviously wants his team to beat but generally wants it to do well in Europe/Old Firm games.

Likewise, know other people of similar age who hate us. Multi layered fanbase.

Too simplistic that tbh mate. Their support isn’t a uniformed entity. In my experience, some like us, some hate us (and Celtic).

Was at Sam Fender gig in Glasgow recently talking to a jambo, he asks us who I support and I say Rangers and he shakes my hand. Boy in our group chat is the same, has a preference for us and loves the ‘cultural songs’. These were guys in their 20s. My best mate is in his 30s, obviously wants his team to beat but generally wants it to do well in Europe/Old Firm games.

Likewise, know other people of similar age who hate us. Multi layered fanbase.
Yeah you're right mate I was too simplistic. I was just meaning it's like a generational thing. I find them these days in the main to be as bitter as the rest but that's fine, I hate everyone else too so no drama. I do resonate with a certain section of them

Yeah you're right mate I was too simplistic. I was just meaning it's like a generational thing. I find them these days in the main to be as bitter as the rest but that's fine, I hate everyone else too so no drama. I do resonate with a certain section of them

Fair enough mate. We can agree to disagree. It’s hard to measure, just found it split down the middle in my experiences. Some of their fans identity with us, some despise that their fellow fans do. The more vocal self righteous element live on the likes of Kickback.

At the cup final, our train was 50/50 mixed with jambos/bears. Plenty talking to each other and jambos were telling us how they were gutted about the Europa league final and how they hated the “filth”. My dad and I ended up helping two of their older fans to the game from Queens Park. They were absolutely brand new even though they knew we were on opposing sides.

Not denying there’s haters in their support, just reckon there’s at least half who either prefer us or don’t care at all as they simply hate Hibs and Celtic more (been to a couple of Hearts vs Celtic matches and it was like being at an OF game how much they cared and the songs sung!).

Would be good to see Hearts win the return leg and go through, about time another side done something in Europe.
If they can get a result this weekend then use that as a Power-up to go and win next week I will be massively impressed.

However I anticipate a heavy loss tomorrow followed by an exit next week.

Robbie Neilson isnt a good Coach so while Hearts have some useful players its difficult to see where the tactical nous is coming from that's needed to guide them through.

If they can get a result this weekend then use that as a Power-up to go and win next week I will be massively impressed.

Robbie Neilson isnt a good Coach so while Hearts have some useful players its difficult to see where the tactical nous is coming from that's needed to guide them through.
How have they managed to reach two Scottish Cup finals, finish 3rd after coming straight up from the Championship and qualify for Europe?

Fans of other clubs (Aberdeen apart) are nowhere near as bad as Celtic supporters. But you probably know that.

Really?, I must have dreamed the last 10 years then.
And I know nothing of the sort, they're all as bad as each other;)

If that match is anything to go by, he is a good coach; Hearts played well for much of that game. I don't think they are a particularly good side, but they played well after losing goals. I hope they win the tie though.

You see Celtic and Aberdeen fans the same as St Johnstone and Ross County fans? Of course you do.:rolleyes:

You see Celtic and Aberdeen fans the same as St Johnstone and Ross County fans? Of course you do.:rolleyes:

No love for any of them personally, what exactly is the big difference between celtic fans and hearts fans that has enamored them to you so much?

No love for any of them personally, what exactly is the big difference between celtic fans and hearts fans that has enamored them to you so much?
I've already explained it. I still find it unbelievable that you don't think Celtic fans are more hateful and bigoted than other football supporters. They're not remotely comparable.

You think all fans in our league are equally as bad as celtic's?

Wow, that's an alternative view I've never heard before.

I've already explained it. I still find it unbelievable that you don't think Celtic fans are more hateful and bigoted than other football supporters. They're not remotely comparable.

I missed the explanation, what is it celtic fans do that hearts fans don't when it comes to Rangers hating?

Back