Feels like a win, because of Alfie

After that energy sapping last 16 tie in the Europe League where we finished the game with 9 men the fact we went there and got a draw just confirms what everyone already knew....

They are pish!! Let them think otherwise its the reason they are in the position they are, and until they wake up and accept that fact they will continue to stagnate while we get better again.

Really happy the wee man scored against them. You could see in past games he had put pressure on himself to score and it showed at times.

I had a buzz on all day similar to that of a win. Alfie’s goal was an amazing feeling. Win lose or draw we where having a party.

After the mental and physical exertions of Thursday night, I’m delighted to have kept our unbeaten league run going with the draw at Parkhead.
Alfie getting the goal was the absolute icing on the cake, and would have been a metaphorical dagger through the heart of his detractors. They utterly despise El Buffalo, so his goal would have given many of them a sleepless night.
:shh::shh::shh::shh::shh:

If Wright was on the park 10 minutes earlier then we were winning that game.

Was happy to take the draw before KO after midweek but was a bit dissapointed at FT probably with emotions still running high.

However, the pain that Alfie's goal has caused them has made it feel like we actually skelped them - so I'll gladly have that B-D :shh:

I wouldn't say it feels like a win, but I'm not unhappy and it didn't ruin my day.

The tables have turned.

I wouldn't say it feels like a win, but I'm not unhappy and it didn't ruin my day.

The tables have turned.
What im saying is Alfie scoring his 55th league goal for us against them, and his first goal v them, makes history and will always be remembered. Beating them wouldn't particularly have been rememhered forever. Maybe hard to explain in words what im thinking.. But Alfie scoring gave me a memorable moment even better than beating them. Gives me that winning feeling.

Hardly broke sweat or got out of first gear whereas they put everything into it but still couldnt beat us. Which is why we are champions! :)) .

Alfredo's goal tipped them over the edge and made my day :shh:

Really pleased for him yesterday but as well I just didn't want to lose. The fact we were much below our usual standard and our energy levels were well off. Look at Kamara particularly he was jogging at times to chase back. Seen it with Hagi, Kent at times. We were just sauntering about, like a kickabout with a team who are worse than you and feel a bit sorry for them so you don't try as hard.

That is what I quite liked about yesterday, that this Celtic team played probably the best they have against us all season yesterday and we played well below our standards and they still couldn't beat us. That will be hurting them more and psychologically that will be in the Celtic players heads as well. When we will play our best we pump them, when play below standard we still beat or draw with them.

I seen a quote from a bheast saying they would rather have lost, than draw with Alfredo scoring. Delightful.
It certainly added some polish to a poor performance.

At the beginning of the season I thought it would come down to the OF games. I had it in my head that we would win one, and draw one, at Sharkhead, and we win both at Ibrox.

We could argue that under the circumstances we should have hammered them, but after Thursday, and the fact the players who have given us absolutely everything this season, they deserve to be cut some slack, even praised, for not letting them garner any belief or confidence from a home win....

And yes Alfie's equalizer made it all the more sweeter.....

Just think, had the mentally challengeds beat Dundee Utd. Alfie would have clinched 55 with his 55th yesterday, how fab would that have been
If your Auntie had balls and all that;)

Delighted for Morelos and to keep unbeaten and their continued meltdown but not even close to the feeling of a win vs them especially as title already won.

I was eating a mouthful of Stornaway black pudding and scrambled egg on a roll when Alfie scored. I shouted that loud it ended up everywhere around when the ball hit the net. The poor cat was covered in it!

Yep , had you told me pre kick off that we would have avoided defeat and Alfie would score I would have dealt at that

Back