Feels like the end of an Era

It is. Today is the last we will see many of these players turn out for Rangers.

This squad gave us 55 and the most incredible run in Europe. They deserve to be very well remembered.

Massive summer ahead. With proper backing, I’m genuinely excited to see what Gio does. He is the man and I’ve got a feeling we are the verge of something very special with him

Would've been all sorts of wrong if this group signed off without a trophy. Not as many as we'd have hoped but them & SG walked into a football bomb site in 2018. In 4 years they've gave us some of the greatest highs imaginable.

Whatever happens next, it's been some ride.

Thanks lads.

They’ve given us everything in their tank.
We thank them for their services to our great club and we move on, hopefully better and stronger.
Goldson, for me, is the biggest loss.
We have a great, ready made replacement for Alan McGregor.
Onwards and upwards.

It does feel that way. And what a fitting way to do it. Time for the Gio era, and I couldn’t be more excited.

Definitely expecting some turnover, will be sad to see some leave but equally the timing is right, now for GVB to put his own stamp on the squad and push on next season.

That squad out there today won 55 and put us back on the map in the European arena and so deserve our thanks.

There’s going to be some transition, but look at it positively.

Rangers are back. Back to league titles. Back to cup winners. Back to European competition in a significant way.

This group did that but now it’s time to look forward. Time for Gio to add to it, replace where necessary, to move onto even bigger and better things.

Was just thinking that.

But....

The team has taken us through an unforgettable journey. Who would have thought 9 years later, from being in the depths of scottish football, we have been in a Europa final. Certainly not me.

We paid our way in the lower leagues, and no doubt helped them financially.

Just doesn't sit right with me.

I have got no idea what im going on about. Night night bears.

UTI.

Very sad. Don’t want my team to break up.

But it’s time.

Don’t think any of my favourites will leave right enough, thankfully.

That group should've won more, but I'll never ever forget them for what they did achieve.

Some sensational memories the last four years and, something we older bastards perhaps forget, a new generation of Bears have been inspired by a whole new bunch of idols.

Whatever happens this summer, I wish them all well for the parts they've played.

It is the end of a chapter but also the start of a new one.

I thought Souttar was excellent and he will be wearing our jersey next year. We have got a big heart in that team and it’s really important that’s maintained.

When you think about the teams we played in Europe when we should have had no chance, even without recognised strikers, we came through, that’s down to more than skill.

I’m nothing but excited for the future under Gio. As long as he gets some backing in the transfer market, I think we’ve got a very bright future.

We have had some season, crippled with bad luck with injuries but these lads still found something extra to take us all the way to a European final and after heartbreak still left everything out there to win Scottish Cup.

It is the end of a era but the legacy of this team is they are going to leave us financially secure with one of our greatest European runs and a number of big fees will come with departures and this will allow us to continue to challenge and if spent wisely dominate at home and hopefully more of the same abroad. What a season, what a last few years and what a club.

The lads who have been with us have done the best they could and its time for some of them to move on. I'm of the opinion that we need better than what we've had or more potential than what we've had.

It feels to me like the beginning of a new era rather than the end of one. We'll need to work hard in the close season to bring in any replacements we might need. Vos I don't believe was an afterthought as our young players have lots of talent. I expect to see results from that area over the next couple of seasons.

I feel nothing but genuine gratitude for every single one of them. To go from where we were to the last week is a story that couldn't be written by the world's greatest screenwriters. If some of them go they go with my best wishes.

Thanks, chaps. It's been a pleasure.

I collected my bus pass this week and have supported our beloved Rangers since 1970.
Although I have enjoyed much success during my time as a supporter I don’t think anything will surpass this season.
To watch our team take on all comer’s in Europe and only fall at the very last hurdle was nothing short of remarkable.
As good as Manchester was this was ten times that and really made me proud of our team like never before.
I pray we can do it again in my lifetime but whatever they do I will never forget the pride they brought to us all.
The Tim’s may well have had a laugh on Wednesday ( I know ) but the one’s I know have been told by myself that they will never compete at the highest level in Europe in my or their lifetime.
We’re on a different level now.

It's the end of the total rebuild I think.
We finally won a domestic cup which should lead on to more consistent domestic performances, particularly in cup competitions.
It's been a long, long road but here were are.
The plan was four years with Gerrard. That time frame has now been completed, although Gio and not Gerrard is in charge. I highly doubt our board or any of us would have envisaged us reaching a European final at the end of this plan, so we have exceeded expectations on some goals and need improvement on others like winning more domestic trophies. A lot of optimism for next season if Gio can get a few good players of quality to replace whoever leaves.

The squad should have did a lot more but they won the coveted 55 and stopped their 10 plus got a European final so will go down as a relative success.

Hopefully we buy the right kind of player and don't go down the Pedro route of spamming the squad with foreign frauds.

I think it's losing the EL that makes it feel this way.

I think there will be changes but maybe not as massive as some expect. A lot depends on whether or not Alfie, Kent, and Aribo sign new contracts. I think Goldson is gone, so we will see a new CD partnership. I think we also need to strengthen our attacking midfield and up front, and get better squad cover.

Still think we’ll have a solid core to build on - McLaughlin, Tav, Bassey (hopefully), King, Soutter, Lundstrum, Lowry, Hagi, Wright, Sakala for starters, plus Arfield and (again, hopefully) Jack and Davis for one more season. Alfie is the million dollar question - his injury might buy us another season. I’d take Amad for one more season if possible - boy has the bug!

Think it’s time for Shagger, Borna, Helander and Roofe to leave with our best wishes - just too injury prone/unreliable. No thanks to Ramsay extension. Aribo, Kamara and Kent to fund the rebuild if we get decent money. I’d keep Goldson but he’s off I’m afraid.

Key signings - LB, CH, goalscoring mid, CF, goalscoring winger (to replace our non goalscoring winger) - all first team quality.

The squad should have did a lot more but they won the coveted 55 and stopped their 10 plus got a European final so will go down as a relative success.

Hopefully we buy the right kind of player and don't go down the Pedro route of spamming the squad with foreign frauds.
I can already see the outrage

"Not John Souttar! Not Ross Stewart! Not x, Not y, Not z!!! SPFL Dross!!!" etc.

The photo of Kamara, Aribo, Kent, Bassey and I think Goldson sitting in the crowd with the Scottish Cup makes me think they 4 (minus Bassey) are off.

More than losing Kent, Aribo, etc my main worry I'd getting a too good to turn down offer for Bassey. Another year developing and shining in Europe and we can name our price

It is. It’s also the right and natural time for it to happen. This squad has given us some incredible highs and some real lows but it is now time for a change. It’s time for Gio’s stamp to be put on things.

Back