Female Dundonian claims Rangers fans caused ankle break

Fake news! money hungry lying tramp who isn't a Rangers fan. Nor did she/he? receive any abuse. I hope it spends the claim money on sorting those rancid feet out. It's probably always on that couch because her/his partner can't take the smell of them anymore.

I got a paper cut in work today. Hurts like hell. Should I contact the papers? It must be big bad Rangers fault! Clowns.

Wow, is that pathetic garbage nonsense the best they can do to try and divert bad publicity away from Bheast FC, hang your heads in shame, dear oh dear.

Surely the FF detectives could find out who she is, and whether this claim of being a Bear has any element of truth or not.

Newspapers cannot be allowed to print anything they want. If this bullshit can be challenged, then it should be. As insignificant as it may seem, if this is the lie that most believe it to be, they need to taken to task for it.

A big rangers fan that's been going on a Dundee supporters bus for a number of years & has a big green living room & green cushions. Right ye are

A story designed to deflect from the scum . Its purpose ,to make people think theses fans are as bad as each other .This Dundonian 'Rangers' supporter with her dodgy green striped wall paper fell over and broke her ankle .It's the spin the media has put on the story that's outrageous . She praises the Ibrox staff but the headline screams Rangers Bad . This really shows the extent of the catholic media power

Received the following response.

Dear Mr,

Thank you for your email.

Firstly, I would refute any suggestion we have deliberately sought to tarnish the name of Rangers or their supporters. We write stories without bias and have no reason to evince malice towards Rangers or any other club for that matter. We would have run this story regardless of the clubs involved, so long as it had a local connection.

Unfortunately there is absolutely no way of verifying the woman’s claims of abuse. We do not, and will never have, access to official sources of information from Ibrox such as CCTV or stewards, and it’s impossible to track down anyone who may have been with the woman at the time of the incident to back her claims up. I’m sure you will be aware that verbal abuse of various kinds happens at football grounds across the country every week – most of it doesn’t go further than the supporters themselves and so we can only rely on anecdotal evidence.

The story was written as a firsthand account of this woman’s experience, and is presented as such. We have no reason to disbelieve what she told us, and given she is a Rangers fan herself, we would find it strange for her to claim she suffered abuse from her own fans without there being some truth to the matter.

We did Rangers to offer the club the chance to comment on this incident, but they failed to respond to us.

I hope that this clarifies the matter.

Well done Andy 1967 for affording this rag an opportunity to explain their twisted lies. The Evening Telegraph's admission that 'we can only rely on aecdotal evidence' is confirmation that they are more akin to a gossip column. Or, had they a sectarian motive? Either way, don't buy it.

Dear Mr,

Firstly, I would refute any suggestion we have deliberately sought to tarnish the name of Rangers or their supporters. We write stories without bias and have no reason to evince malice towards Rangers or any other club for that matter. We would have run this story regardless of the clubs involved, so long as it had a local connection.

Unfortunately there is absolutely no way of verifying the woman’s claims of abuse. We do not, and will never have, access to official sources of information from Ibrox such as CCTV or stewards, and it’s impossible to track down anyone who may have been with the woman at the time of the incident to back her claims up. I’m sure you will be aware that verbal abuse of various kinds happens at football grounds across the country every week – most of it doesn’t go further than the supporters themselves and so we can only rely on anecdotal evidence.

The story was written as a firsthand account of this woman’s experience, and is presented as such. We have no reason to disbelieve what she told us, and given she is a Rangers fan herself, we would find it strange for her to claim she suffered abuse from her own fans without there being some truth to the matter.

We did Rangers to offer the club the chance to comment on this incident, but they failed to respond to us.

So they printed a story without any facts to back it up?

Brillant.

So I can claim I was abused by Evening Tele staff next time I'm in Dundee, causing me to fall off a kerb, and post it all over the Internet without any corroboration?

Dear Mr,

I ain't no investigative journalist but it took me 10 seconds to find her Facebook page, which shows she attended St Saviours High School and there is absolutely no reference to Rangers on her page that I can see, only DFC.

Strange that! :rolleyes:

Such a big Rangers fan that she sent her daughter home with 'other fans that they got to know throughout the years'

Must be a regular traveler on this bus!

Unfortunately there is absolutely no way of verifying the woman’s claims of abuse. We do not, and will never have, access to official sources of information from Ibrox such as CCTV or stewards, and it’s impossible to track down anyone who may have been with the woman at the time of the incident to back her claims up.

Ehmm, send out a journalist maybe?

I'm may be getting a bit old now, but didn't newspapers used to employ journalists to go out and ask questions and try and verify the truth of a story before printing it, rather than just print any old pish spewed out by an ambulance chaser compensation claim in the making.

I ain't no investigative journalist but it took me 10 seconds to find her Facebook page, which shows she attended St Saviours High School and there is absolutely no reference to Rangers on her page that I can see, only DFC.

Strange that! :rolleyes:

She and Paige also get a nice photo feature in the Ellenbank Bar Dundee Supporters Club page.

She'll be on to her FB page pronto to "like" Rangers as quick as she can, as there isn't a single mention of her checking into Ibrox, or even being remotely interested in Rangers anywhere else on her entire profile.

Has all the appearance of a case of a cash for claim attempt. No way she's a "Rangers fan", in my opinion.

So she is really concerned for the kid yet is happy to send her on alone with non family members back home. Rangers fan her arse.

No reason to disbelieve her. So anybody can make up a story and they will print it?

Maybe that policy should be put to the test?

Poor wean as the mother looks like a complete skag head .
She was probably out her face and that's why she fell down the stairs.

What a load of Sh&te our PR dept needs to stop this negativity she's obviously a Dundee fan... I never seen a teams fans who got beat 4-1 at Ibrox experience any type of abuse.....Ridiculous :mad:

She's telling lies, I'm a head steward and was in attendance in the away fans section against Dundee, I was asked to come down at the request of one of the other stewards in relation to the behaviour of a couple of woman one of which had a young female child, The stewards concern was the language and hand gestures towards Rangers fans in the direction of the Broomloan stand from these woman and his concern was the young female child who at this time was crying and quite scared.

As the game was now over i asked both women for the sake of the young child to calm down and cease and desist with the gestures and language and make their way safely to the exit to leave the ground, At this point she mouthed some profanity's in relation to me being an illegitimate child and telling me i should f*** off and get a real job.

She then left the stadium and that was the last i seen of her and the child until i seen the story's of the very same woman all over the newspapers, Her claim about being abused is utter fabrication and total nonsense and perhaps rather than standing swearing and giving hand gestures and questioning my illegitimate background according to this woman... Maybe she should practice her own parenting skills are they were way below what is expected from a parent.

Thank you.

Really really pathetic article that is so full of holes you could drain pasta with it. Whether it's a "time for a deflection article" who knows. But journalism? Modern world I suppose.

Back