Female ref for the Bayern game tonight

Recoba

Official Ticketer
Has there been a female ref before in this league ? i have never seen one and i'm sure the commentator said it was a trial run tonight, i didn't hear him clearly though so not 100% sure.

It will be interesting to see how she does.

Last edited:
I'm not sure about the German top-flight, but I'm sure they've used female refs in the bundesliga 2.

Bibiana Steinhaus

2nd season in the Bundesliga as a referee

Bundesliga 2 German Cup etc she has been involved before that along with Womens games

No offence @Recoba I know you’ll get my point but, so what. A referee promoted from lower league to ply their trade at a higher league? Good luck to her or him if it was a he!

It should only be a big deal if she’s atrocious just like any other ref.

giphy.gif
Augsbu

No offence @Recoba I know you’ll get my point but, so what. A referee promoted from lower league to ply their trade at a higher league? Good luck to her or him if it was a he!

It should only be a big deal if she’s atrocious just like any other ref.
Im not making it a big deal, i said i had never seen a female ref in any top flight and was asking if anyone else had that was all.

Im not making it a big deal, i said i had never seen a female ref in any top flight and was asking if anyone else had that was all.
I know mate, others will make it a big deal so getting mine in early is all.

To answer your question though, I think I remember a female ref in the FA Cup early rounds. Seen one league 1 or league 2 I think. Never seen a female ref in a top division but defo seen a female ref’s assistant in EPL.

I remember when I used to play football for my primary school back in the mid-seventies, Mrs Wright, one of our teachers, used to referee our home games.

I remember as well there used to be the odd "dodgy decision"....in OUR favour!

She’s a good ref and has a sense of humour as well .

In one game a player grabbed her left tit by mistake , she just looked at him and smiled as if to say “ watch it !”.

There’s footage on YouTube of it .

I have no problem if they can do the job to the same ability that the men could do but I don’t like it if they are being shoe-horned into it despite clearly being poor.
Correct. And that's the same with anything. It should be the best person for the job, regardless of gender, colour, race, sexuality or religion. Not a tick box exercise to demonstrate how 'inclusive' everyone is.

Back