Official Fergie Tribute Dinner, Sat 29 Oct, Falkirk

Sure to be a great night, loved Fergie, a bona fide Rangers legend, he absolutely loved playing for the club and hated those bastards with a passion too.

Couldn’t do enough for the fans either, turning up to countless POTY dances and awards nights.
I'll second that. Met him a few times in pubs and events and he's always the same - a gentleman who has time for everyone.

Ian was one of the few signings I got right that he'd be amazing for us, and he was. 100 % effort, every single game.

Always remember him in a documentary talking about growing up in Janefield street, saying it was a decent upbringing and childhood

“Apart fae that…”

*Fergie points and Camera turns to Piggery*
Seem to remember this was in one of the season review VHSs during 9IAR…maybe the 5IAR one? His wee girl saying he played for Aberdeen, Celtic etc followed by a montage of Fergie scoring goals for Rangers against all of them lol

What a player and what a guy. Loves the club, didn’t mince his words about it either.

He came from the same area of Barrowfield as my mums family, so she used to hang an out with him and his his best pal so I used to hear about how they were toerags who got up to mischief!

He always wore his shirt hanging out at the right side for good luck, I always did that when I played even though my real hero was big Hateley! I was too wee to copy the big man, so I always copied Fergie!

Proper legend.

Seem to remember this was in one of the season review VHSs during 9IAR…maybe the 5IAR one? His wee girl saying he played for Aberdeen, Celtic etc followed by a montage of Fergie scoring goals for Rangers against all of them lol
You’re correct mate. I used to watch some of the old 9IAR season reviews at night before bed as a wee boy lol

Another one stick out was John Browns wee lassie saying John Brown was the greatest rangers player in the team :D

I think his “I only have a drink when we win a trophy, that’s why people think I’m an alcoholic” quote just shows a complete different mentality to what we have now. Back then they wanted trophy after trophy and medal after medal. Unfortunately some of our current players thought it was “job done” after 55. Love to have an Ian Ferguson in and about our dressing room these days. Hope whoever goes to this enjoys the night!

Great player. Under celebrated due to other fans favourites at the time. One of our most decorated ex players. In fact will must be up there with the very top in terms of medals.

Silly question. But I’m assuming he will be attending the dinner ? Or is it just a tribute to him but he doesn’t attend ?

If you are free that night, you would do a lot worse than get a couple of tickets for this. Ian is a cracking lad and always has time for everyone

Back