Ferguson "Caixinha has been picking fights with everyone..."

SDF

Pedro Caixinha looks like a man who could start a fight with his own shadow.

I don’t know if that’s just part of his fiery character or if he’s making a deliberate, calculated attempt to create a siege mentality inside the walls of Auchenhowie.

But right now it seems to be working. And so long as he’s delivering results, that’s all that matters as far as the Rangers boss is concerned.

I’ve not always been convinced by his methods and I remain sceptical where the whole feud with Kenny Miller is concerned.

But, as I’ve stated many times in this column, there is only one rule at Rangers. Winning is all that counts.

So for that reason I must give him credit. After the defeat against Celtic he was in a difficult situation. A lot was made of the performance and the result in that derby and rightly so.

It was not acceptable for any team lucky enough to be wearing those shirts.

But the reaction to that defeat and nature of the wins they’ve rattled off away to Hamilton and St Johnstone has impressed me.

If that is a result of a siege mentality inside the dressing room then Caixinha is getting something right. During my time as a player we always felt that everyone outside of the club wanted to see us fail. No one liked us, we didn’t care.

That’s part of the mentality at Rangers and if the man in charge has found a way of instilling it into his group and channelling it into their performances then it’s a huge step in the right direction.

But two wins do not make a Rangers manager. What Caixinha has to do now is turn two straight victories into three, four and five. Then six, seven, eight, nine and 10.

That’s the standard expected at Ibrox and it’s only when Rangers are capable of going on an extended winning run that people will be convinced Caixinha really is the right man for the job.

Which is why tomorrow’s Betfred Cup semi final is now his next big test. Make no mistake, this is yet another must-win match for the club.

Only one outcome will ever be seen as acceptable.

And the good news is I firmly believe Caixinha and the players are fully aware of that. It may have taken some time but the penny seems to have dropped. The way they responded to the Celtic defeat tells me they get what playing for Rangers is all about.

That’s why I fully expect them to beat Motherwell tomorrow even though they can expect a really difficult afternoon at Hampden.

Like everyone else, I’ve been really impressed by Well’s start to the season and they will go into this with their tails up and high on confidence, especially after dealing comprehensively with Aberdeen in the last round.

But this is Rangers in a semi final at the National Stadium. There is only one acceptable outcome. There will be 38,000 Rangers fans inside the stadium and they will demand nothing less.

This is a club built around getting to finals and winning trophies, it’s the responsibility of the manager and current players to carry on that tradition. For this club, failure will never be an option.

Caixinha understands that and he’ll realise defeat will be regarded as a disaster.

And let’s face it, he can’t afford too many more.

But the manager and his players have shut a lot of people up over the last two games because these were potential banana skins. Had they failed to get the results it would have looked as if everything was coming apart at the seams.

But the bottom line is they produced results when they needed to and have earned a bit of respect. They’ve given themselves a platform to build on and they must push on and go on the kind of extended winning run people expect of a Rangers side.

They’ve had enough time to bed in. There is no more room for excuses.

If they think they’ll be forgiven for failing to reach this final then they have another thing coming but I don’t think they are that daft.

They know exactly what is at stake and that’s why I’m so certain they they’ll deliver.

As for Caixinha, who has been picking fights with everyone from the media, to Miller and his rival managers, I still can’t really read him.

But if this is all part of his plan, then it’s not a bad one.

When you’re inside those walls it’s all about fighting together against the rest of the world. If you want to shut them all up then go out and get results.

Our own fans were screaming out for a manager who would stick up for the club and speak his mind. I'm sure I saw a few posts about missing Walter Smiths no nonsense approach.

We now have that in Pedro. We're not here to make friends with anyone, especially after what happened.

No one likes us, we don't care. It's not just a song.

Can't really disagree with much of that other than the idea that Pedro is hard to read. I think he had been straight up from the start but in the face of being belittled and abused by a hostile xenophobic press pack he has maybe gone a step too far at times but if that had helped build a mentality of winning in the club I'm happy with that.

I have felt all season we are 4 or 5 wins from something very decent. But also one bad result from a shitstorm.

Ferguson doing what he does best, talking s****.

Pedro Caixinha doesn’t give a single f*** and I hope to god he slams all the haters down with trophy after trophy.
What has he said that is wrong ? I do find some of your posts bizarre to say the least, I don't doubt you are a genuine blue nose but I do think you have a strange take on things, each to their own I suppose.

I like Pedro, but if you break down that article it really just says things most of us have said in here.
After the tim game he was under pressure.
Last 2 games have been really good wins.
Tomorrow is huge.
Rangers is all about winning games and trophies.
He is probably just a couple poor results away from being under pressure again, but that is life at Ibrox.
He has tried to create a "no one likes us" attitude.
Some of his stuff at press conferences has been baffling. Might be down to language, might be intentional. Hard to read which.
He has annoyed other managers with his straight talking, but he probably couldn't care less.

He has had a rough time from the press. He doesn't get the respect his position in Scottish football deserves. I get the impression the name Ferguson on the article just makes us want to find something in it to get angry about. This time, I personally don't have any great pŕoblem with it.

And some wanted Ferguson as our local coach. He’d have been wanting him sacked after the Hibs defeat.

And another thing, I doubt he can even read an email let alone a person.
That is a scandalous thing to say about a former captain of our club, you should be banned for that, I would not report you because it is not my style, but really have a long hard look at yourself.

Hawd on! He's unsure of his methods but did he not apply to work for Pedro? For a top, top player, he comes across a simple all too often.

Our own fans were screaming out for a manager who would stick up for the club and speak his mind. I'm sure I saw a few posts about missing Walter Smiths no nonsense approach.

We now have that in Pedro. We're not here to make friends with anyone, especially after what happened.

No one likes us, we don't care. It's not just a song.
Couldn’t have said it better myself mate

It was actually a good piece until the bit about picking fights.

The guy has been on the back foot since the media first lifted his name from this site.

He's never picked a fight, he's never had to.
He's walked into a maelstrom of pure hatred and has had no choice but to defend himself.

In a quiet moment Pedro must be asking how nuts is this place .
The man is the subject of ridicule on a daily basis from all and sundry.

I assume this article is from the daily record.

If it was then that says all you need to know about Barry (one of us)

There was absolutely nothing wrong with the article at all and Ferguson even states that he thinks Pedro is turning a corner. He did not criticise Pedro for starting fights, he said it was probably a good thing. There was no dig at the manager in that piece at all and quite a few compliments. In typical FF fashion, the content counts for nothing, Ferguson is a cock and that is that.

Look Barry, maybe Pedro doesn't want to be best pals with everyone.

Just because you and "Lenny" were pally pally

I think we get it Barry, you played in successful Rangers teams, with players Pedro can only dream about at the moment. Has this point got to be the centrepiece of every single article?

Continually, we have heard this I know better than Pedro narrative, we did it this way, we did it that way, why isn't he doing this, why isn't he doing that, always couched in snidey wee digs.

This is no different. 'If Pedro is trying to keep us all in the dark, he's making a great job of it.' (I'm paraphrasing)

It is particularly annoying background noise, coming from a completely failed manager, who by all accounts "picked a fight" with just about everyone at Clyde, including his own supporters ffs.

It becoming tiresome, predictable and therefore deathly boring now. If he must continually bump his gums about Rangers it would be more classy if he didn't sound like someone who wanted a job and didn't get one.

I think Pedro is entitled to expect support from former prominent players at the Club. He ain't getting it.

Would that Barry and many of his former colleagues were as vociferous when we were in dire straits.

Not a cheap.............and that is cheap.

I have left more than 75% of the article below. Are people here seriously, really seriously, having a pop at Ferguson for saying all of the below?

If you are, catch a fucking grip of yourself.

But right now it seems to be working. And so long as he’s delivering results, that’s all that matters as far as the Rangers boss is concerned.

But, as I’ve stated many times in this column, there is only one rule at Rangers. Winning is all that counts.

So for that reason I must give him credit.

But the reaction to that defeat and nature of the wins they’ve rattled off away to Hamilton and St Johnstonehas impressed me.

If that is a result of a siege mentality inside the dressing room then Caixinha is getting something right.

That’s part of the mentality at Rangers and if the man in charge has found a way of instilling it into his group and channelling it into their performances then it’s a huge step in the right direction.

And the good news is I firmly believe Caixinha and the players are fully aware of that. It may have taken some time but the penny seems to have dropped. The way they responded to the Celtic defeat tells me they get what playing for Rangers is all about.

That’s why I fully expect them to beat Motherwell tomorrow even though they can expect a really difficult afternoon at Hampden.

Caixinha understands that and he’ll realise defeat will be regarded as a disaster.

But the manager and his players have shut a lot of people up over the last two games because these were potential banana skins. Had they failed to get the results it would have looked as if everything was coming apart at the seams.

But the bottom line is they produced results when they needed to and have earned a bit of respect. They’ve given themselves a platform to build on and they must push on and go on the kind of extended winning run people expect of a Rangers side.

If they think they’ll be forgiven for failing to reach this final then they have another thing coming but I don’t think they are that daft.

They know exactly what is at stake and that’s why I’m so certain they they’ll deliver.

But if this is all part of his plan, then it’s not a bad one.

Ferguson doing what he does best, talking s****.

Pedro Caixinha doesn’t give a single f*** and I hope to god he slams all the haters down with trophy after trophy.

And why should he give a f*** ? He arrived and was courteous, they treated him with disdain, he quickly realised they're incompetents with a sheep (the wooly animals - not the f****rs from Aberdeen) mentality so if he chooses to tell them he won't talk about something or refuses to play their pathetic games it's his prerogative and I for one support his actions.

I'm having a pop at Ferguson for his repeated focus on Caixinha's ability and behaviour as a manager, which is ultimately what his article is about

Its beyond boring

Back