Ferguson, Wenger, the real Jose! Big Sam etc

Kaiserweiss

Does anyone else feel that the premier league is missing these guys!

I am not saying pep and Klop are shit but for me they are not the real entertainment that we used to have or am I looking to much into it

The whole premier league has became a bit dull. Very rarely watch any of it anymore. Teams like Bournemouth with 10 thousand paying fans are signing players for 25 million, it’s became a farce.
Teams like Wigan and Bolton always had the same aura of Bournemouth etc..... but watching premier league years I can honestly say it’s not the same league

In the 1990s I could have rhymed off every team in the EPL, who their manager was and would have been able to name easily 95% of the players in each team.

Now I couldn’t tell you with certainty which sides are in the league, I sure as hell couldn’t tell you who the managers are and I have absolutely no idea who half the players are and that includes the likes of Chelsea etc. Players being bought for £30million plus and I have never heard of them in my puff.

In the 1990s I could have rhymed off every team in the EPL, who their manager was and would have been able to name easily 95% of the players in each team.

Now I couldn’t tell you with certainty which sides are in the league, I sure as hell couldn’t tell you who the managers are and I have absolutely no idea who half the players are and that includes the likes of Chelsea etc. Players being bought for £30million plus and I have never heard of them in my puff.
Am the exact same. People will rhyme off players names and I'll have no idea who they are.

I must one of the very few who still enjoy watching the English Premiership. It's not all its bummed up to be by the English media, people, supporters etc but I just tend to ignore that.

I've never thought of a league being the best in the world as the top leagues across the world all offer some thing different; La Liga, Premier League, Serie A...

The 1990's and 2000's were a great watch, probably more so as the money involved wasn't as ridiculous, but I still enjoy an English game as some of the top managers, players and teams ply their trade there.

Felt that for a while and only watch the highlights on the sky sports app. I much prefer to watch the Bundesliga, Seria A and Ligue 1.

Feel the same way except in the sixties and seventies when all we got from England was 10mins highlights and a bit in midweek at the end of Sportsnight with Coleman, I still knew all the players and managers and what was going on. That was a time of course every English team had at least three Scots in it, but I don’t think it was that which made the difference. Teams were ‘big’ if they had big fan bases and attendances, and not because of billionaire consortiums.

Allardyce was always entertaining. He had a bit of Mike Bassat about him. I was always expecting a mad sex tape starring him to be sensationalised in the news of the world most weeks.

Will watch the odd match. Tried to sit through MOTD a few months ago and couldn’t. The analysis of the matches coming from the likes of Shearer and Wright are fucking awful.

Its lost its appeal for me. I pay over £100 a month for sky and cant remember the last time I watched an epl game.
Same boat for me. Bizarrely I shall out each month for sky sports, yet at best I will have it on in the background when making dinner or on a sunday afternoon while I'm getting on with things around the house. Very rarely, if ever, sit down to watch an EPL game.

Used to have a ST at Stamford bridge but gave that up. Interest has dwindled for me massively, one horse race and it's as boring as %^*&

It's boring a f the most over rated league easily in the world.
I hardly watch it anymore 1 horse race.
So Liverpool have a banner season and you hate the EPL. Wish we were in it, best organized league in the world. If Rangers had a 25 point lead you wouldn't watch them ?

For those saying it’s a boring one horse race; Did you watch it throughout the period that Man Utd won 13 titles in 20 years?

Its lost its appeal for me. I pay over £100 a month for sky and cant remember the last time I watched an epl game.

I’m the same mate. I sometimes remember there’s a ‘big’ game on and catch the end of it but my bill was £87 this month (deal must have ended) so called them and cancelled the whole thing. For whatever reason I only care about Rangers games. I used to watch everything but now I’m happy to take short holidays and watch the games on Rangers TV.

Hard to begrudge Liverpool their success this year as they have gone about it the right way if you look at their net spend over the last few years. That said the league feels completely sterile and commercialized now due to the amount of money being spent by average teams. The likes of Everton and Wolves are throwing crazy money around and building teams of all stars. 15 years ago when these teams got a result against the likes of Man Utd of Liverpool, huge brands built up over decades of success, it felt like a huge underdog moment. Now theres no underdogs. The league is far too flat.

If there is a match between 2 teams below the bottom 6 I’m just not interested. Brighton v Burnley, Watford v West Ham?

Nah, yer awright.

EPL is now the Liverpool show. On the BBC it always was, since Match of the Day is still in the 1980s, but from the moment Sky used Alexander-Arnold as its poster boy for the season launch, it was always going to be “can they do it this time” etc. Now it’s “invincibles” and making sure they set records every week.

Totally agree with the OP though, the league has no character. Robotic players running around at 100mph, VAR ruins the flow of games with the way it’s been used and zero characters. Klopp is just an excitable guy, I’d prefer if he walked over to Pep and got his cock out or something.

It's complete shite and I'm glad fellow real football fans agree. Most people I know feel the same.

All over hyped, over analysed crap making something out of nothing to fill 4 hours of coverage for a 90 minute match. As others have pointed out, when its Burnley vs Brighton or West Ham vs Watford who even cares, its just a highly polished turd.

Turning the "sack race" into a feature of the season just another joke, and as pointed out, all the characters that said it how it is are gone for generic european nobodies that aren't given the time to even express a personality and are then sacked and replaced by the same tired dinosaurs that lost any ambition years ago.

So Liverpool have a banner season and you hate the EPL. Wish we were in it, best organized league in the world. If Rangers had a 25 point lead you wouldn't watch them ?
wtf is a banner season son?
I only support and watch Rangers games and if not at Ibrox i go to a junior game.
And yes i would rather watch junior football than the OVERRATED EPL.

wtf is a banner season son?
I only support and watch Rangers games and if not at Ibrox i go to a junior game.
And yes i would rather watch junior football than the OVERRATED EPL.
Very good. It means a very successful season. You view Auchentoggle Kilts and I'll watch Chelsea v Spurs.

Teams like Wigan and Bolton always had the same aura of Bournemouth etc..... but watching premier league years I can honestly say it’s not the same league
I take your point re Wigan, but Bolton are a proper football club with a long and proud history.

Leicester winning it was a good shock, and Spurs almost making it (fading badly now). But generally, seems to pass me by unnoticed now

Will watch the odd match. Tried to sit through MOTD a few months ago and couldn’t. The analysis of the matches coming from the likes of Shearer and Wright are fucking awful.

I still really enjoy M. O. T. D, legend that he is Ian Wright is a terrible pundit.

You’ll probably find he’d be okay with that because he’s a Rangers fan and not a Liverpool fan.

What makes it the best organised league in the world?

Maybe it's because I'm getting older got kids to entertain but when I was younger i used to watch any games that were on the tv. Now outside of rangers I very rarely watch games. There aren't many players who are individuals and make you get off your seat they are all coached to within an inch of their life and all individuality taken out of them

Regarding criticisms of the EPL -- this is why it needs Rangers in it!

Rangers are "massive" now, but would be "ridiculously massive" in the EPL, and would be challenging at the top pretty quickly in my opinion.

Back