Fernando Ricksen has passed away.

Devastated! Couldn't make it over today but I will be paying my respects tomorrow night.
R.I.P FERNANDO warrior to the end which has personally given me strength in your courage.

R.I.P Fernando. I've been in bits all day thinking about Fernando. Is Tav number 2 ? I'd be asking to retire this number if I was him .

I wouldn’t say I was the overly emotional type but I’ve honestly found myself being deeply moved reading and hearing all the tributes to Fernando today.

I won’t even lie, there’s been a good few occasions over the course of his illness where I’ve gotten rather teary eyed, just seeing what he had been reduced to physically, and seeing his little girl with him, it’s very difficult not to be moved by that.

I hate that he’s gone, but try and console myself with the fact that he’s also free from pain, and free from the broken down vessel in which he had been trapped for the past few years.

Such devastating news, despite us all deep down knowing that it was coming.
I was fortunate enough to call him a close friend during 2/3 years in Glasgow. He had a heart of gold and would do anything for you. I recall the day he took me to the home dressing room after the 2003 league cup final party back at Ibrox, and gave me his shirt from the game. A relatively small gesture that meant so much. Looked it out tonight and raised a glass to the fantastic times we had together and the iconic moments he gave to us as fans that will forever be engraved into the history of Rangers Football Club.
An emotional day for the Rangers family, with the scant consolation that he is no longer in any pain or suffering.
A Rangers captain who was taken from us too soon.
I am sure Ibrox will be an emotional place tonight and I hope the team give a fighting performance that he would be proud of and go on to win the league title in his memory-no more a fitting tribute there could be.
Rest easy pal.

Very sad news but ultimately I’m sure a relief for Fernando. A player who gave everything and fought right to the end.

Absolute tragedy.

You hear the phrase “a picture speaks a thousand words” a lot.

This picture tells an entire story for me of the bravery of one man and his determination to be around for his beautiful daughter as long as he could be. Just look at their smiles, what a beautiful picture

Reactions: VGM
Back