Fernando Ricksen - The Final Battle BBC Scotland Channel

Part of me angry at BBC Scotland making this
Yes, you feel as if they have no right to intrude upon anything to do with our club and those connected to it.
There is no trust that they will deal with any such matter objectively.
That trust has been destroyed and it is difficult not to see them as anything more than unwelcome interlopers when they approach the confines of the club our support and our community.

Thought they done ok on friday when they done a piece at half time with the Kelly hearts game.
As I've said before on here,if it turns out to be well done and it comforts Fernandos nearest and dearest,that's good enough for me.

Part of me is sick its the BBC but at same time apart from the moron breaking the news on the radio they have been very respectful with this.

Will make sure to get the hankies ready as no way am I getting through this with dry eyes.

Got a full lump in throat from just watching the trailer, I might to sky plus that and watch it at a later date.

I will definitely watch it. Feel as though I owe it to Fernando to watch it.

Edit: meant to agree with the hammer legend that I’ll probably have to record it and watch later as well

Last edited:
Like a lot of bears i feel it will be a struggle to watch, however, with tears no doubt running down my face and happily to admit probably greeting openly I will watch it.
I feel that if Fernando could fight this horrible disease then the least i can do is watch this programme.
Although I do appreciate everyone will approach and handle it in their own way and do what is right for them

I think they should have waited until after the funeral, maybe next week or so as I had a dear friend who had the same and she passed away at the young age of 51 which was heartbreaking.

The average suffer of MND will die within two years of their diagnoses. Only 10 Percent of people who are diagnosed with MND survive more than 5 years, Fernando falls into that bracket. Reveals his strength and determination too battling with the disease for so long. A tough watch, I see that Bolton defender Stephen Darby also been diagnosed with MND.

I live in England and don't have access to BBC Scotland Channel direct on Sky but I went to TV Guide and used the search function and the programme came up. Got it on record

According to my TiVo box, this programme is a repeat, was first aired on 15/04/15?

Back