Fernando Ricksen

Rest in peace Fernando, wasnt old enough to see him play but the battle he fought is an inspiration to me, hope he's finally at peace

I’m not an emotional person by any means but I was holding back tears at the Feyenoord game.

Rest in peace captain, god bless.

As the song goes, "There was something in the air that night" and it honestly felt like Fernando was there with us on the night. Everything from the fans wearing orange and even the sky turning orange! And I say that as someone who has no religious beliefs or anything.

As the song goes, "There was something in the air that night" and it honestly felt like Fernando was there with us on the night. Everything from the fans wearing orange and even the sky turning orange! And I say that as someone who has no religious beliefs or anything.
I agree, it was definitely a surreal night, especially when the sky turned orange.

I'm a sentimental git, what a state I was in at the Feyenoord game, a blubbering mess.
A year past already, Rest easy captain.

Me neither and I had tears running down my face when they played the ABBA song Fernando
It was a surreal moment when the song came on.

I can remember watching the Feyenoord fans were starting to cause a bit of bother and looked like they were trying to charge our supporters next to them.

It looked like it was getting ready to kick off, then the the ABBA song started playing and it felt like everything just calmed down.

By the time the everyone joined in with the chorus I was standing with a lump in my throat.

Found this video on YouTube

Back