Fernando's Final Bow At Ibrox

Any idea what time the hearse will be passing Ibrox ? , would like to take time off work to attend.

As a supporter who went to many games in which he played for us, it’s quite heart warming to know that we made him feel so welcome that his wish was to be cremated here as he feels Scotland is his home.

I just assumed he’d be repatriated to the Netherlands.

My age when he was diagnosed. Far too young. You’ll get a good send off from us all Fernando.

I will be there to pay my respects,going to be very emotional as the Hearse passes Ibrox.Feel a sense of pride/honor that as a Rangers fan the club touched Fernando's heart so much that he loved Rangers/Glasgow so much that his final resting place will be here and he will pass Ibrox

In the last few days of my dads life he asked me to take him to Ibrox one last time.
When dad left us and when dealing with the co-op I told them what he had asked for.
Not a problem,
When passing by the front door of our magnificent stadium the hearse came to a halt and the guy who was along with the driver got out and walked in front of our cortege.
Don't know to this day if Rangers had been told we were coming past, but staff etc were all out to watch the old man go by. It was unbelievable.
Will live with me forever.

Wife and myself will be at Ibrox on Wednesday.

In the last few days of my dads life he asked me to take him to Ibrox one last time.
When dad left us and when dealing with the co-op I told them what he had asked for.
Not a problem,
When passing by the front door of our magnificent stadium the hearse came to a halt and the guy who was along with the driver got out and walked in front of our cortege.
Don't know to this day if Rangers had been told we were coming past, but staff etc were all out to watch the old man go by. It was unbelievable.

Very nice to read that mate.

Not a problem,

A lovely memory to have

Not a problem,

That Sir, is absolutely tremendous.

Not often i'm in Glasgow midweek but just so happen to have a meeting about 15 minutes away from Ibrox in the morning on Wednesday so will be there to pay my respects.

Back