Feuds in Football

It was to do with what Stam revealed in a book I think. Whilst still playing there obviously.
I remember that being the official story ,just always wondered if AF suspected or knew Stam may have been taking something.
A few of the Dutch international players were getting banned at the time

I remember that being the official story ,just always wondered if AF suspected or knew Stam may have been taking something.
A few of the Dutch international players were getting banned at the time

Who knows mate. I had a wee look last night and the story goes that AF seen a story in a newspaper and went mental. He looked at it as him and the Club being betrayed by Stam. Don't think it was just the tapping up thing either, there was something about AF encouraging his players to dive.

Reactions: jtc
The abuse Leighton took from the bears when we stuffed Hibs 7 nil (the game where Gazza got booked for showing the ref the yellow card) was a joy to behold.

"Bandy, Bandy what's the score" was the chant directed towards him. Any other keeper who concedes 7 goals to us apart from the filth you would have a bit of sympathy and a bit of class not to rub it in.

In his case it was full on abuse and deserved at that.

A child and a cheat but untouchable as far as the Scottish press were concerned. The Sounness goal against the Sheep shortly before Ferguson headed to Old Trafford. Well over the line and he dragged it back claiming it had not crossed and then chasing the officials at the second goal claiming offside when it wasn't - double standards in the extreme. There was also an incident at Easter Road when he went mental at Gascoigne over a penalty as I remember when there was nothing to dispute.
Leighton threw more in the net than he saved over the years. Did he not say to coop he nearly saved his free kick in the skol cup final lived in his own fantasy world.

I remember Colin Stein sticking one on Alex Fergusons chin! Stein was playing with hibs at the time and Fergie was with us!

Chris Sutton and everyone else in the Norwich, Blackburn and Chelsea dressing rooms.

It takes a special kind of arsehole to be loathed by all your team mates

Both David Batty and Tim Sherwood lamped him whilst at Blackburn.

When Dunc cut up Hateley's suit did that rumble on ?

I've recently read MH's book and he says very very little about Dunc other than, he signed for us at the wrong time. I'm obviously putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5 but, given the widespread rumours about them not getting along I thought he may have addressed it.

Back