Update. £700 raised! Thank you everyone for support of Lily’s ADHD/Autism activity fundraiser.

RangersUK

Official Ticketer
My, now 15 year old foster sister has ADHD/Autism and is looking for some fundraising help to pay for activities for her and her classmates - she also wants to give some to Rangers charity foundation.

Previously she has run a fundraiser and FF helped towards it. Can folk help now?

She is looking for a couple of hundred pounds to pay for a few months swimming and other clubs.

Please can folk help?

Last edited:
Forgot to add, if anyone has experience with ADHD/Autism, please help us out by spreading this donation help asking and contact me if you have any advice regarding matter.

I have a 11 year old non verbal autistic and ADHD son I know how expensive these things can be good luck
Yeah it isn’t easy that is for sure. I am trying my hardest to help her out and her school can only do so much. Lily is hoping folks will donate so she has a starting stone to help all like her. If can donate, please do so, if can spread the word, that would also be great.

My, now 15 year old foster sister has ADHD/Autism and is looking for some fundraising help to pay for activities for her and her classmates - she also wants to give some to Rangers charity foundation.

Previously she has run a fundraiser and FF helped towards it. Can folk help now?

She is looking for £500 to pay a few months swimming and other clubs. If she can fundraise more than £500, it’ll be such an achievement.

Please can folk help?

Happy to support, good luck Lily!

I work with disability mostly with Autistic children, my role is as a behaviour support officer.
You’ll understand how difficult situations can become. My foster sister doesn’t have a support group in her local area, hence us trying to build one and having to self fund everything. As someone else posted, it is expensive. We are trying to get her class out and about every week doing a few different activities and social situations, it is much harder than folk can imagine. Hopefully Lily can reach her funding goal and next few months will be easier and more enjoyable for her.

You’ll understand how difficult situations can become. My foster sister doesn’t have a support group in her local area, hence us trying to build one and having to self fund everything. As someone else posted, it is expensive. We are trying to get her class out and about every week doing a few different activities and social situations, it is much harder than folk can imagine. Hopefully Lily can reach her funding goal and next few months will be easier and more enjoyable for her.
For sure, I will share the link on my Facebook too. Have you tried cash for kids?

What is the family fund and also cash for kids?
They are organisations to apply for funding, either individually or group etc. I've used both to buy ipads, tough furniture, safe space beds etc for individual children and their families.

It's shocking that self funding has to happen for children to do fun activities that should already be funded, I work in Edinburgh which does offer holiday hubs for children with disabilities I'm sure it's the only local authority to offer this.

It's shocking that self funding has to happen for children to do fun activities that should already be funded, I work in Edinburgh which does offer holiday hubs for children with disabilities I'm sure it's the only local authority to offer this.
Do the Edinburgh place accept kids from other areas for their holiday hubs?

Yes it is seriously shocking cost of activities with no help. Wee Lily literally has no help apart from me and my family members.

Do the Edinburgh place accept kids from other areas for their holiday hubs?

Yes it is seriously shocking cost of activities with no help. Wee Lily literally has no help apart from me and my family members.
No but I can't believe this is not offered elsewhere, they are fun based and run the same as a school day in terms of times.

That's unfortunate. What happened to the local charity she raised money for previously?

That's unfortunate. What happened to the local charity she raised money for previously?
It was a national charity mate (ADHD Coalition). Local part was for her early learning centre at school and a group called Clasp. Last fundraiser allowed all kids in town with similar disability as Lily to have activities paid for for remainder of her school year, a few months of activities paid for. She also gave donations to Rangers charity foundation and also Morton charity foundation.

Lily is now fundraising for her early learning centre at school and to try start her own charity group.

Could anyone else help with this please?

Lily is just now also running a paper donation locally but she’d (we’d) really like if others can help out.

For every £2, one child has two hours swimming, and £1.50 also buys them a sandwich and juice.

Lily firstly stated she wanted £1000 to help folk, haha, once I saw what she had put down , I had to work things out. It is easier if we just do, per person, per hour or so. So per person, £2 helps swimming or basic football.

Can folks help her out? She did very well last season with helping folks plus also receiving help from folk. Can you think who was the only team in Scotlands premier league who ignored helping her? I think you guessed right.

@RangersUK I’m sorry to say I know too well there is little more help for young people with Autism now than there was 20 years ago when I was diagnosed in my teens. I will make a donation to help Lily no problem!

Good luck £5 on its way

WATP
Thank you!
@RangersUK I’m sorry to say I know too well there is little more help for young people with Autism now than there was 20 years ago when I was diagnosed in my teens. I will make a donation to help Lily no problem!

It is actually very upsetting the lack of support. She has said to me is it bad she asks people for help, I’ve said no, people are happy to help and folk actually shouldn’t need to ask for help. Wiping away a wee one’s tears isn’t always so easy, but holding their smile up is :)

115 hours of activities have now been helped with. Every £2 helps. Fantastic bears, thank you.

My youngest is autistic and ended up in a wheelchair for 6 months 4 years ago because of his eating habits. I have 4 kids and he is the easiest to manage. But when anything is out with the normal for him is crazy.

My youngest is autistic and ended up in a wheelchair for 6 months 4 years ago because of his eating habits. I have 4 kids and he is the easiest to manage. But when anything is out with the normal for him is crazy.
As you say, generally easy to manage until shit hits the fan. Unfortunately, as you’ll know, shit can hit the fan every 5 minutes. I breaks my heart, my wee foster sister goes through hell, unless she is at Ibrox with us all. Then surprisingly, she is calm with 55,000 folk but shit scared from 5.

Donated.

My own daughter is autistic and swimming in particular is a joy to her. Seems lots of “spectrum” children enjoy it, it seems to be relaxing due to the hyper sensitivity many have.

Donated.

My own daughter is autistic and swimming in particular is a joy to her. Seems lots of “spectrum” children enjoy it, it seems to be relaxing due to the hyper sensitivity many have.
Thank you mate. It was also me that pushed her early learning centre to take them swimming. I was told they’d all struggle, I told them they’re talking shite and I’ll make sure I’ll prove my opinion, let’s say I’ve proved it with swimming and your comment confirms I was correct. We are not wrong regarding our loves. My sons live in America, which kills me and them, I won’t allow my foster sister to be heart hurt anymore.

Autism is such a wide ranging spectrum and it’s alarming how little is done in local schools to allow for hypersensitivity, allowance for busy enclosed spaces etc. planning is the key. I don’t blame the schools at all they can only action the funding they have, but my wife left her work and trained as an early years support officer with a number of modules aimed at neuro diverse children.

In two years she didn’t get a single placement in schools that needed her skills because she already worked with another council and they kept extending her contract. Weirdly if she cancelled that contract they still couldn’t take her on.

it’s a mess and she’s just packed it in and went back to the civil service.

Autism is such a wide ranging spectrum and it’s alarming how little is done in local schools to allow for hypersensitivity, allowance for busy enclosed spaces etc. planning is the key. I don’t blame the schools at all they can only action the funding they have, but my wife left her work and trained as an early years support officer with a number of modules aimed at neuro diverse children.

In two years she didn’t get a single placement in schools that needed her skills because she already worked with another council and they kept extending her contract. Weirdly if she cancelled that contract they still couldn’t take her on.

it’s a mess and she’s just packed it in and went back to the civil service.
It is shocking. We have to self fund any activities plus Lily would see a lady once a week to chat etc but even that funding has now been stopped and need to pay £50 for the hour if need be. Horrible what happened with your wife, kids are crying out for help as well.

She is looking for £500 to pay a few months swimming and other clubs. If she can fundraise more than £500, it’ll be such an achievement.

Please can folk help?

I’m in. My son has adhd/autism.

0-D5591-BB-135-C-44-FA-8589-99-B3-C4236-E4-B.jpg

Last edited:
Back