Feyenoord fans in the Club Deck

UEFA rules stipulate that the visiting team has to get a portion of 'high quality' seats along the long side of the pitch. For us, this is in the Club Deck. Its been that way for as long as I can remember and is very much far from being a new thing. Usually up to about 200 seats, depending upon the demand from the visiting team.

Our fans take advantage of it (and the availability of hospitality packages) all over Europe. It really shouldn't be a big deal. We - and they - are meant to be 'civilised'.;)

UEFA rules stipulate that the visiting team has to get a portion of 'high quality' seats along the long side of the pitch. For us, this is in the Club Deck. Its been that way for as long as I can remember and is very much far from being a new thing. Usually up to about 200 seats, depending upon the demand from the visiting team.

Our fans take advantage of it (and the availability of hospitality packages) all over Europe. It really shouldn't be a big deal. We - and they - are meant to be 'civilised'.;)
Very sensible post. The one sitting next to me in the main stand was very civilised, just as well they never scored though:D

They occupied the same section of seats as Rapid Vienna fans got last season.At least we didn’t have to listen to the Feyenoord fans celebrate a goal.

Very sensible post. The one sitting next to me in the main stand was very civilised, just as well they never scored though:D

I'm old enough to remember football before strict segregation was introduced. It was much better, in all honesty, and the 'rampant violence' was no more just an odd scrap. My mate of 50 years is a Motherwell fan and we used to stand on the terracing together, as did many others from both sides, without incident. Most of the time. It was much, much better than today when you have the faux outrage at the fan of another team being in 'our' area.

Few of my mates got similar in Vienna last year. Official Rangers away end tickets but weren’t with the bears. Great view but they weren’t over the moon about it.

I'm old enough to remember football before strict segregation was introduced. It was much better, in all honesty, and the 'rampant violence' was no more just an odd scrap. My mate of 50 years is a Motherwell fan and we used to stand on the terracing together, as did many others from both sides, without incident. Most of the time. It was much, much better than today when you have the faux outrage at the fan of another team being in 'our' area.
My mate would get me a ticket for the Feyenoord end if I was going over, but i cant afford it just now. I'd hope to go and watch the game without being called a bastard or a tramp:D

My son, who was wearing an RSEA Rangers scarf was approached by a female steward in the Club Deck concourse, last night who pointed to his scarf and said, "You must go to Section 11, Feyenoord."
He just looked her up and down and laughed. Silly cow.

There was one of the turnstyles at the CD7 end designated for the Feyenoord fans last night

As a young bear I watched many a game against them at their end because I couldn't get a ticket for the Rangers end. I was in the manky end at the 1969 Hampden SCF for the same reason...I left that game at half-time.
The game where John Greig ran up the park and scored while the bheasts were surrounding the ref protesting for a penalty I don't know how I managed to restrain myself from jumping for joy. Bottles whizzed past my head as they smashed into their own lot, fuckin mental, I think this was the last time I went in their end as I was genuinely concerned about my safety.

If we can manage 200 fans from different parts of Europe without any problems in the club deck, why can't we shove fifty Livingstone or other small Scottish club contingents up there and free up a large section of the ground currently blotting the eyesight and stealing seats from Rangers fans?

There was 2 older guys in the west enclosure next to me who were Feyenoord fans they looked blown away by the atmosphere they basically just sat and watched the union bears all night:))

I disagree. It is a stupid and shortsighted rule that creates a very volatile dynamic that could result in serious trouble.

My season ticket seat in the club deck was right next to a very large section of them last time they were here. There were far more than 200 of them and there was a huge amount of aggro that resulted in the police and stewards having to get involved. It all got very hairy when they scored with fans extremely close to blows, that would ultimately have come if the authorities hadn’t gotten involved.

Absolutely ridiculous.

I disagree. It is a stupid and shortsighted rule that creates a very volatile dynamic that could result in serious trouble.

My season ticket seat in the club deck was right next to a very large section of them last time they were here. There were far more than 200 of them and there was a huge amount of aggro that resulted in the police and stewards having to get involved. It all got very hairy when they scored with fans extremely close to blows, that would ultimately have come if the authorities hadn’t gotten involved.

Absolutely ridiculous.

Maybe I’m just older and wiser having grown up pre-segregation. ;) I’ve been all over Europe watching Rangers and been in the away end many a time. Going to Scottish League matches where the crowds were mixed was entirely ‘normal’. Only time I’ve had ‘bother’ was once at Aberdeen and once at Everton. In the vast majority of cases all it takes is for folk to remember that the fans of the other team are just ordinary football guys there to support their team same as you.

I wouldn’t expect Rangers fans to sit on their hands in similar seating in Rotterdam or Oporto, for example, so why get upset when Feyenoord or Porto fans celebrate a goal at Ibrox?

Different times, different attitudes I guess.

Saw a good few of them in the concourse before the game enjoying some of our culinary delights from the kiosks :rolleyes:

Majority of them were older supporters and not the typical euro ned/hooligan stereotype.

I think you have also benefitted from getting many of these away European tickets through having access to corporate tickets at Ibrox if I am not mistaken?

;)

I think you have also benefitted from getting many of these away European tickets through having access to corporate tickets at Ibrox if I am not mistaken?

;)

Dunno if that was aimed at me mate or not. In my days of travelling around Europe nobody had heard of ‘hospitality’ LOL. I’m talking 70s and 80s here ha ha. We were all supposed to be thugs and hooligans throwing bottles around and wearing crash helmets but the reality was much more sedate - for most of us.

Juventus away in 79 was a bit ‘hairy’ post-match right enough.

FFS....Sat 4 rows behind me
Wouldn't have known they were there. Looked respectable middle-aged folk. Tramps seems a bizarre statement.
hilarious post mate. would read again.

no matter what actually happens, theres always some on FF. i was in the club deck too and didn't hear a peep from them so the poster is talking a load of $$$$hite.

I was the “posh” seats away to Porto.
All folks wi big passes around their necks.
HT scran was superb, free pizza and other stuff I can’t mind.
I was gassed, but I certainly celebrated when we scored and not one single feck was given.

My old man had a workmate who was a red hot Hamilton Accies fan, one day my dad and his fellow Bears from work took this guy to a Rangers v Hamilton game at Ibrox, and they stood at their usual place, passageway 11 in the old covered terracing before the Centenary “Stand”, with this guy beside them.
Apparently the guy nearly got them into serious trouble with the Bears around them because of the abuse he was giving the Rangers players, it got so bad a couple of the guys ended up taking him away early.

Dunno if that was aimed at me mate or not. In my days of travelling around Europe nobody had heard of ‘hospitality’ LOL. I’m talking 70s and 80s here ha ha. We were all supposed to be thugs and hooligans throwing bottles around and wearing crash helmets but the reality was much more sedate - for most of us.
There is a regular poster on here, maybe it’s not you bud, I thought it was but could well be wrong, that has repeatedly talked of his company having corporate ST’s at Ibrox in his name, the sort that come with away corporate Euro tickets. I was thinking it was you good self and that was perhaps influencing your thoughts on the matter. Apologies if it’s not you.

There is a regular poster on here, maybe it’s not you bud, I thought it was but could well be wrong, that has repeatedly talked of his company having corporate ST’s at Ibrox in his name, the sort that come with away corporate Euro tickets. I was thinking it was you good self and that was perhaps influencing your thoughts on the matter. Apologies if it’s not you.

I wish it was me by the sound of things ha ha.

Maybe I’m just older and wiser having grown up pre-segregation. ;) I’ve been all over Europe watching Rangers and been in the away end many a time. Going to Scottish League matches where the crowds were mixed was entirely ‘normal’. Only time I’ve had ‘bother’ was once at Aberdeen and once at Everton. In the vast majority of cases all it takes is for folk to remember that the fans of the other team are just ordinary football guys there to support their team same as you.

I wouldn’t expect Rangers fans to sit on their hands in similar seating in Rotterdam or Oporto, for example, so why get upset when Feyenoord or Porto fans celebrate a goal at Ibrox?

Different times, different attitudes I guess.
In the home end at Stuttgart, their fans were fùcking fantastic.
Gave up their own seats so all the bears could congregate, nobody got upset when we went mental at our goals, likewise with theirs.

Usual rules apply, act like a dickhead and be treated as such.
Behave yourself and you'll be left alone.

I go to a lot of grounds in Germany to watch football, its basically allowed everywhere there with a few exceptions

I was at the Hamburg v Bremen Nordderby a couple of years ago and when Bremen scored there was cheers all over the stadium with folk jumping up and down, very bizarre experience

My old man had a workmate who was a red hot Hamilton Accies fan, one day my dad and his fellow Bears from work took this guy to a Rangers v Hamilton game at Ibrox, and they stood at their usual place, passageway 11 in the old covered terracing before the Centenary “Stand”, with this guy beside them.
Apparently the guy nearly got them into serious trouble with the Bears around them because of the abuse he was giving the Rangers players, it got so bad a couple of the guys ended up taking him away early.
I think you need to show a bit of common sense and respect if you do find yourself in the wrong end. Carrying on like that you deserve a slap.

I go to a lot of grounds in Germany to watch football, its basically allowed everywhere there with a few exceptions

I was at the Hamburg v Bremen Nordderby a couple of years ago and when Bremen scored there was cheers all over the stadium with folk jumping up and down, very bizarre experience
First time I went to Hamburg was for a Munich game. There was loads of Bayern tops where I was sitting.

When you buy a ticket from HSV for the North Tribune, you need to tick a box to acknowledge it's the home end and you cant wear the other teams colours. So it's basically saying the rest of the stadium it's fine to show your support for the opposition.

Can remember this as far back as the Marseille game. Section of their fans behind me in the Club Deck. They may have been better dressed than us but they still acted like tramps, goading everyone around them when they scored.

When Hateley’s equaliser went in it was glorious!

I remember the old joke,

Us v them at Ibrox, Celtic fan ends up in the Rangers end, realises his mistake and keeps schtum all match until, in the 90th minute, they scored. The guy goes mental but, realising his mistake, takes off with a gang of Rangers fans in hot pursuit. Down Copeland Road and reaches the Govan Ferry, but it's about 15 feet out, nonetheless he takes a flying leap and manages to grab the hand rail. Proud of himself he turns around and gives his pursuers dogs abuse, the finger etc. Captain of the ferry turns around and says to him " Your a brave man - this one is going in !

Sorry !

I sat with two beside me and two in front. They were absolute gentlemen. Quietly willing their team to win but no gloating when Tav missed the penalty. They had no time for the idiots in the Feyenoord section and had spent a lot of cash on Rangers merchandise. Handshakes all round at full time. Only downside is I had to slightly curtail my celebrations, not wanting to rub it in!

As soon as I got to the top of the stairs in the club deck a steward asked if i was Feynoord. Just kind of laughed and asked her why would there be Feynoord fans in the club deck and she told me it was corporate seats we had to give them.

Seen quite a lot just mingling around the concourse area and seemed to be a decent bunch. Although coming out into the concourse at FT I seen a bear losing the plot with the police, my guess was that it was something to do with them.

As a young bear I watched many a game against them at their end because I couldn't get a ticket for the Rangers end. I was in the manky end at the 1969 Hampden SCF for the same reason...I left that game at half-time.
The game where John Greig ran up the park and scored while the bheasts were surrounding the ref protesting for a penalty I don't know how I managed to restrain myself from jumping for joy. Bottles whizzed past my head as they smashed into their own lot, fuckin mental, I think this was the last time I went in their end as I was genuinely concerned about my safety.
Thanks for that post mate. Now I can come clean. My first game, as a 9 year old. Went myself. I was in their end at Hampden for 1966 Scottish Cup Final replay. Can’t remember why. Think a cop let me in. (Polis were much less Tuliallan indoctrinated authoritarian clones then.) When King Kai scored I was terrified to move. My maw was beside herself when I wasn’t home at usual time. She went mental when I told her

Back