Feyenoord fans in the Club Deck

As a young bear I watched many a game against them at their end because I couldn't get a ticket for the Rangers end. I was in the manky end at the 1969 Hampden SCF for the same reason...I left that game at half-time.
The game where John Greig ran up the park and scored while the bheasts were surrounding the ref protesting for a penalty I don't know how I managed to restrain myself from jumping for joy. Bottles whizzed past my head as they smashed into their own lot, fuckin mental, I think this was the last time I went in their end as I was genuinely concerned about my safety.
1977 i think for the Captains goal was at the game but without googling .The memories starting to go

As soon as I got to the top of the stairs in the club deck a steward asked if i was Feynoord. Just kind of laughed and asked her why would there be Feynoord fans in the club deck and she told me it was corporate seats we had to give them.

Seen quite a lot just mingling around the concourse area and seemed to be a decent bunch. Although coming out into the concourse at FT I seen a bear losing the plot with the police, my guess was that it was something to do with them.

Was that the boy telling the polis they better get a grip of the Feyenoord fans? He was not a happy bear.

It happened last season aswell with away fans. I dont know how its allowed to happen

Its not 'allowed' to happen its a requirement from UEFA for games in their competitions and has been for many, many years. We have to make a given number of 'premium' seats along 'the long side of the pitch' available to the opposition. Every home club has to do so. Our own fans take advantage of it in away EL matches. Rangers have no say in it. Its either in the Main Stand or the Govan Stand. I guess we could shift them down a tier from Club Deck to the main part of the Main Stand but its not really going to change anything.

Last edited:
Back