Feyenoord Ordered To Shut Part Of Their Ground

Jan Žižka

Order of the Dutch FA for a domestic game.

RANGERS' first Europa League opponents Feyenoord have been ordered to shut a section of their stadium for their league match this week after being punished for letting off firecrackers in their ground.

Steven Gerrard's side welcome the Dutch side to Ibrox next Thursday for the opening game in the Group Stages of the competition.

Rangers, who will again also have a section of Ibrox closed after UEFA punished them for sectarian singing, have handed over an allocation of 2,600 tickets to the Rotterdam club for the clash.

But Feyenoord have also got problems with their own fans after the Dutch FA cracked down on their use of firecrackers and flares during a volatile clash with rivals Ajax last season.

They were initially ordered to close an entire stand in their famous De Kuip stadium, but won an appeal against the decision and will now only have to close a section of their ground for their Eredivisie clash with Den Haag on Sunday.

A Feyenoord statement said: "We appealed because supporters who had nothing to do with the fireworks were getting punished for this.

"We are satisfied with the outcome."

This lot are the scum of the earth, their links with you know who means this should be deemed a high risk fixture.

I wouldnt be giving them any tickets for Ibrox nor taking any for over there

Feyenoord fans will be over here to cause trouble there is no doubt about that. Just hope they get slapped about and sent back to Holland with their tail between their legs.

Spot the guy who doesn't follow Rangers abroad.

Meh, don't be a fanny. The last time I went abroad for a Rangers game was in the 2010/11 season, and even before that was a regular at euro away games. Why I'm even answering your snide post I dunno. Now since 2012, we've not really had too many games anyway so your point is null and void.

So you aren't going and whatever their fans do won't effect you in anyway. But you want Rangers to refuse tickets shafting those who actually have booked?

You are mistaking me here mate, I'm purely talking from a fan safety viewpoint. We all know what Feyenoord are like. The last thing we want to see is innocent fans caught up in their shite.

Meh, don't be a fanny. The last time I went abroad for a Rangers game was in the 2010/11 season, and even before that was a regular at euro away games. Why I'm even answering your snide post I dunno. Now since 2012, we've not really had too many games anyway so your point is null and void.
Aye just the 11 or so with another 3 to follow.

Rangers fans shouldnt be denied the opportunity to follow the team anywhere unless it is some war torn territory like Dagestan.

Thankfully Rangers won't be taking advice from some of the wet wipes in our support.

FFS I'm no fan of flares or firecrackers don't get me wrong but ultimately we're headed for an enforced atmosphere like the Emirates and Etihad serve up naturally
Your not wrong mate. It’ll not be long before we are asked to use emojis, to show emotion for celebrating goals.

I'm sure the glesga polis will have been well briefed by their Rotterdam counterparts. Both sets of polis have no excuse in maintaining law and order as 19th Century Terroristoord's behaviour is not an unknown.
And I'm sure, based on past experiences, that they will ignore warnings and allow skirmishes and conflict only to claim ignorance and/or blame Rangers fans afterwards.

On the subject of flares, did anything happen regards all the flares Legia fans set off towards the end of the 2nd leg game at Ibrox?

You are mistaking me here mate, I'm purely talking from a fan safety viewpoint. We all know what Feyenoord are like. The last thing we want to see is innocent fans caught up in their shite.
Worst European away fans I've ever seen at Ibrox , remembered them trying to invade the Broomieloan mental

Doubt the Dutch FA have much jurisdiction in Scotland
The point is consistency. Where have I said that the Dutch FA have any authority in Scotland, so there’s no need to get smart.

We have already had Petrie/the SFA running off at the mouth about continuing the momentum of UEFA in targeting us and our ‘naughty songs.’ Where is the reciprocal action or even comments, regarding the behaviour of the scum and their flares in the way the Dutch association have punished Feyenoord. I wait with baited breath.

The point is consistency. Where have I said that the Dutch FA have any authority in Scotland, so there’s no need to get smart.

We have already had Petrie/the SFA running off at the mouth about continuing the momentum of UEFA in targeting us and our ‘naughty songs.’ Where is the reciprocal action or even comments, regarding the behaviour of the scum and their flares in the way the Dutch association have punished Feyenoord. I wait with baited breath.

Uefa to be fair don’t tend to close grounds or punishments that severe when it comes to flares etc cause it’s so common.

Remember our fans along with plenty other clubs in Scotland also set pyrotechnics off.

Aye just the 11 or so with another 3 to follow.

Rangers fans shouldnt be denied the opportunity to follow the team anywhere unless it is some war torn territory like Dagestan.

Thankfully Rangers won't be taking advice from some of the wet wipes in our support.
Harsh, so I’m sure you will be at the front when all ‘ kicks off’?

Reactions: VGM
Harsh, so I’m sure you will be at the front when all ‘ kicks off’?
What are you banging on about? If I am lucky enough to get a ticket through the TC then we will likely be bussed in, straight to the turnstyle and then the reverse on the way back out and back to Amsterdam. It will also likely pass without incident despite what happened 17 years ago.

I’m staying in Amsterdam and going to Rotterdam for the game even though I don’t have a ticket , it’s 2019 no matter how mental these fans are things like this don’t happen in Europe unless you look for it or are unfortunately mugged by 2/3 nut jobs , big hooligan firms don’t get free reign on anybody nowadays especially not in European games

I’m staying in Amsterdam and going to Rotterdam for the game even though I don’t have a ticket , it’s 2019 no matter how mental these fans are things like this don’t happen in Europe unless you look for it or are unfortunately mugged by 2/3 nut jobs , big hooligan firms don’t get free reign on anybody nowadays especially not in European games
Are you hoping to pick up a ticket in Rotterdam or just heading for a boozer?

Are you hoping to pick up a ticket in Rotterdam or just heading for a boozer?

If all the stars aligned a ticket , but looking like just a boozer but througt may aswell go through anyway because it’s probably best chance of getting a ticket

Back