Feyenoord pay respects to Fernando Ricksen

Status
Not open for further replies.
They also sing it as do several clubs . It’s an apt song for what’s happened as well .

You don’t get to tell them what song to sing in tribute , you do realise that isn’t how life works ?
He was our player not theirs he had nothing to do with Feyenoord, you really believing that suddenly it’s a Dutch tribute

If it’s a Liverpool song why are they singing it to an ex club captain of rangers. They want to honour sing simply the best
It's a song they sing.
They're not just doing it tomorrow.
Go to YouTube, search 'Feyenoord you'll never walk alone'
See many videos of them actually singing this song.

I could see the point if they had no history of singing the song, but they obviously do.

I dont think FR wife and kids will give a flying f uck if feynoord fans sing a song they have adopted since the 70s..... some of the comments on here are woeful.. prob the same people will be saying to neil lennon to shove his comments about fernando.. GROW UP..

fucksake if liverpool sung YNWA would we give a shit. NO! it is not a celtic song it is a song from a fuckin Rodgers and Hammerstein Musical do you get angry at your TV any time Carousel comes on TCM jesus christ a hero has died if they do want to tribute Nando let them do it in whatever way they see fit and we should applaud them for it and we should all sing his name together and make Ibrox rock the way Nando knew it could!

Honestly can’t believe some of the nonsense posted in this thread so far.

Just listen to the lyrics of the Liverpool anthem originally sung by Gerry & The Pacemakers and you’ll understand that it is a song of support in dark times. The fact that Paedo FC fans have tried to usurp Liverpool’s anthem is an irrelevance.

If Feyenoord fans choose to sing this during any tribute towards their countryman, and our former captain, I’ll accept it in the manner it's undoubtedly intended, as support to Fernando’s family and a tribute to him.

Honestly, some people really need to get a grip
It’s from a musical ffs and sing when if I remember right the thief dies do your own homework

He was our player not theirs he had nothing to do with Feyenoord, you really believing that suddenly it’s a Dutch tribute

Jesus Christ .

I’ll now place you on ignore . No wish to engage any further , end up getting myself a ban for someone like you - not worth it .

Take a look at yourself . Seriously .

Jesus Christ .

I’ll now place you on ignore . No wish to engage any further , end up getting myself a ban for someone like you - not worth it .

Take a look at yourself . Seriously .
Someone like me? Is there a button so I can ban you ye do nut

I imagine the vast majority of Bears hearing that song tomorrow will start booing, how many people going will think it's a tribute to Fernando Ricksen?

What you’re saying is essentially correct.

We can sit here and debate the rights and wrongs of it, but that song, which would have been sung by Feyenoord Tommorow regardless of today’s sad news, will be given short shrift by bears in attendance.

That’s just the way it is.

Feyenoord sing YNWA all the time.

It's neither in tribute nor to wind us (or Liverpool that time) up. It's just a song they along with many other clubs sing ffs.

Listened to the Jaap Stam interview on our website, he comes across really well in general. Likeable guy, hope he does well out with tomorrow night.

It’s from a musical ffs and sing when if I remember right the thief dies do your own homework

Ok. I’ll rephrase my comment to read “made famous in the UK mainly by Gerry & The Pacemakers”. Does that suit your nitpicking.

Doesn’t alter the arse your making of yourself by going on about this. Feyenoord sing the song. It isn’t exclusively a Separate Entity FC song. Liverpool FC undoubtedly “own” it in the football world. But you go ahead and disgrace our club by booing a genuine gesture in support of Fernando’s family by Feyenoord fans. Up to you. I won’t be.

So, like others, I’ve got you on ignore now as well. I, too, have no wish to waste any energy on debating something like this with you.

I haven’t read every post in relation to this, but in what sense is it a tribute to Fernando ? It’s just the song they sing isn’t it ? It’s what they sung before charging at the Govan stand 17 years ago isn’t it ?
They have said they'll sing it in tribute.
I'm all for taking that at face value.
Really, what is the worst thing that can happen if they sing the song and we just let them get on with it?
Now compare that to the fallout if we boo it.

Really, what is the worst thing that can happen if they sing the song and we just let them get on with it?

Fallout? Are you worried UEFA will hammer us for booing YNWA?

They’re singing it because it’s the song they sing. They’d have sung it if Fernando were still with us.

I’m pretty sure they know it’s not a song we’ll like. If Feyenoord fans fans want to pay their respects in a mutually non-aggravating way then I think we would all welcome them in joining us in a chorus of “one fernando ricksen”.

‘They’ appears to be a single Feyenoord fan with no other connection to the club, their official supporters clubs or fans groups.

Strange how a lot of people’s vie
Read your own post.
Now ask yourself, why is a song from a musical getting me so angry?
because I was at the game the last time where their fans where scum and frankly want them no where near our stadium or involved in any tribute to our ex captain. Their whole end was scum the last time I expect zero difference tomorrow

For example they sing YNWA all the time, here’s a clip of them at Ibrox in 2002. They know what they’re doing especially when they sing it at Ibrox because they have a very strong affinity with Celtic. No problem in booing it.

If they actually wanted to have a tribute they would’ve sang “One Fernando Ricksen” held up a banner etc. Bearing in mind he never played for Feyenoord but he had 12 caps for the Dutch National Team.

A lot of folk forgetting what the scumbags tried to do last time they were here.

Fallout? Are you worried UEFA will hammer us for booing YNWA?

They’re singing it because it’s the song they sing. They’d have sung it if Fernando were still with us.

I’m pretty sure they know it’s not a song we’ll like. If Feyenoord fans fans want to pay their respects in a mutually non-aggravating way then I think we would all welcome them in joining us in a chorus of “one fernando ricksen”.
I'm pretty sure you're not stupid enough to even think I meant UEFA sanctions, then again you are advocating disrupting a tribute so maybe you are.
You know we will be absolutely hammered in the media for booing this when it's known beforehand it's intended as a tribute.

We laugh like fùck at the beggars for hating us more than they care about their own club and yet we have people wanting to boo a tribute to our own former captain because of a song the filth sing.

Yeah but why that song? That’s the point. Surely there are far more appropriate alternatives.

Will you be joining in?
Have you listened to the words? I would say it's very appropriate from a neutral's point of view.
Plenty threads on here over the years telling us that YNWA is a Liverpool song. Now there's a rush to be offended if Dutch fans might sing a 'Celtic song.'
Schizo loyal.

If it was a Celtic game tomorrow would it still be ok, infact I’m out this thread before I get banned. Today’s has been a long and emotional day maybe fresh eyes tomorrow

Strange how a lot of people’s vie

because I was at the game the last time where their fans where scum and frankly want them no where near our stadium or involved in any tribute to our ex captain. Their whole end was scum the last time I expect zero difference tomorrow
You've come across as a clown this entire thread.
Thinking you get to decide who pays tribute to Fernando though?
Get a grip of yourself.

There will be a minutes silence tomorrow.
Given that you don't want Feyenoord fans involved in the tributes, what should they do during that minute?

I'm sure both sets of fans will jointly be paying respect to Fernando during the minutes silence, during what is sure to be an emotional night.

For me, I won't be paying the slightest attention to what the away fans are singing. We should be focusing on roaring our team to victory. As SG hit on earlier, what better tribute can we pay Fernando right now, than dedicate a victory tomorrow night to his memory at this very sad time.

‘They’ appears to be a single Feyenoord fan with no other connection to the club, their official supporters clubs or fans groups.
And now it's on here.
I daresay it'll be on other Rangers forums.
It'll be retweeted and spread actoss Facebook.

Like I asked in a previous post, what is the worst thing that can happen if we just leave them to get on with it?
Is it really that big of a deal that we should boo it?
I don't get what Feyenoord fans could possibly think will be achieved by singing a song they always sing.
It's clearly not intended as a wind-up, they'll see it as their song the same as many other clubs do.

You've come across as a clown this entire thread.
Thinking you get to decide who pays tribute to Fernando though?
Get a grip of yourself.

There will be a minutes silence tomorrow.
Given that you don't want Feyenoord fans involved in the tributes, what should they do during that minute?
Apologies my back has been up, reread the thread with a clearer head I hope both teams make Fernando proud. I’m off to bed before I make more a lady's front bottom of myself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back