Feyenoord we played in 2019 similar to GvB's style?

AriseSirWalter

Official Ticketer
Just been thinking about the dates, and apparently Gio left Feyenoord in May '19 and we played them Sept '19 I think? Is it fair to assume that the Feyenoord team we played that year was still very similar to Gio's team or had the new manager made drastic changes?

I remember Feyenoord being very expansive when in attack and they cut us open a few times at the beginning of the game at Ibrox, in fact I remember thinking the were probably better at attacking than us but we were stronger/less naive, which along with Ojo's strike won us the game. I remember them having a lot of the ball, wingers very wide and made lots of space for passes through the middle of our midfield.

I know we took 4 from 6 in the games against them but I liked the style they played and think it would be better suited for us in Scottish games were we have to break teams down.

Anyone see the Feyenoord teams in 1st half of 2019? Did they play the same as the one we faced in the 2nd half of 2019?

We played well that night at Ibrox. Although I think were fortunate to get a draw over there. They were all over us for large spells. Very quick technical team, but no surprise from a Dutch team.

Back