FIFA pave way for season to be played to a finish

ItsInTheNet

FIFA have paved the way for the current season to be played to a finish this summer by agreeing to push the transfer window back and allow contracts ending on June 30 to be extended.

The SPFL board will hold talks over the implications of the coronavirus crisis and the ongoing suspension of football tomorrow and will then discuss their findings with all 42 member clubs.

The prospect of the current Ladbrokes Premiership placings standing and Celtic, who are 13 points clear at the top, being declared champions and Hearts, who are four points adrift at the bottom, getting relegated has divided opinion in the Scottish game.

Hearts owner Ann Budge has indicated she will take legal action against the SPFL if the Tynecastle club, who have eight games still to play, are consigned to the Championship by a vote.

The possibility of expanding the Premiership to include 14 clubs, so that Hearts can stay up and runaway Championship leaders Dundee United are promoted, has been mooted.

But both UEFA and FIFA are keen for league and cup campaigns to be completed on the field of play when the shutdown has been lifted - and world football’s governing body has taken action to facilitate that happening.

A task force led by FIFA vice-president Vittorio Montagliani has ruled that contract end dates can be moved back and the summer transfer window can now fall between the end of this season and the start of the 2020/21 campaign.

"With the current suspension of play in most countries, it is now obvious that the current season will not end when people thought it would,” a statement read.

"Therefore, it is proposed that contracts be extended until such time that the season does actually end.
"A similar principle applies to contracts due to begin when the new season starts, meaning the entry into force of such contracts is delayed until the next season actually does start."

The statement continued: "With regard to transfer windows, again, it is necessary to adjust the normal regulatory position to the new factual circumstances.

"Accordingly, FIFA will be flexible and will allow the relevant transfer windows to be moved so they fall between the end of the old season and the start of the new season.

"FIFA will try to ensure, where possible, an overall level of coordination and will also bear in mind the need to protect the regularity, integrity and proper functioning of competitions, so that the sporting results of any competition are not unfairly disrupted."

I don’t get why they insist on peddling the lie that the mentally challengeds automatically get the title. A simple legal challenge would see that unravel very quickly. We have a strong argument that although difficult, the opportunity still exists to catch them. That is a fact. The same goes for Hearts who have every right to challenge being relegated with a quarter of the season left to play. On the other hand, what are the poets going to argue? Whilst a 9 point lead had them in pole position and MAY have made them uncatchable, it is by no means CERTAIN that’s how it would have played out. There is only one logical winner to this argument and it’s us and Hearts. You don’t give out prizes for leading 3/4 thru a race, you don’t even hand out prizes with a race 90% done. You play until it’s mathematical impossible to be caught. Only then can you rightfully declare a team Champions.

I reckon this is all a concerted campaign to make us concede and I hope the club doesn’t bow to it. I don’t care what justification they dream up I wouldn’t give them the smell off my fart let alone concede a title with 2 old firm games left to play

In fact, given we are now two days beyond the date of the last scheduled future we should be cranking up pressure on the SFA to make a decision. In the name of ‘sporting integrity’ of course

Last edited:
Pushing the transfer window and allowing contracts to be extended is hardly paving the way

Why don't they just grab the nettle commit to a null and void deal with it,Football has got itself that reliant on sponsor and tv money they are shitting themselves they have sold their soul.

Fifa/Uefa are so fixed on how important it is to get all league games played because the leagues are part finished but watch how quick they'll be to shaft us out of the europa league despite our tie only being half finsihed. Fully expect them to go by the result of the first game.

On the same day that American prosecutors publicly declare proof positive now available to show bribes were accepted by FIFA officials to place the Russia and Qatar WCs

I honestly despise FIFA and UEFA.

Utterly corrupt and let’s not think for one instant that this bullshit from them now is about anything other than getting paid for fulfilling TV and advertising contracts etc

Let’s not let people’s health and lives get in the way of the great football regulator gravy train

Doubt it would stand up if challenged by a player who's contract is due to expire
If a player has signed a pre contract with another club, he is hardly going continue with his current club beyond the end of his contract, especialy if it overlaps with his new one. Loanees may also be back with their original club. This proposal is nonsense, FIFA/UEFA cannot interfere with player/club conracts
They are tying themselves in knots to get round this indefinite delay, they may end up precipitating the big club breakaway if they piss off the leagues and players. As well as alienatng sponsors. Lots of subscribers are becoming pissed off with everyone involved too, especially as they become more aware aware that their subscriptions are paying the exorbitant wages of players who are unwilling to support the needs of others during this national emergency
Null and void or current positions, then everyone can plan to be ready to start the new season as soon as permissible.

I don’t get why they insist on peddling the lie that the mentally challengeds automatically get the title. A simple legal challenge would see that unravel very quickly. We have a strong argument that although difficult, the opportunity still exists to catch them. That is a fact. The same goes for Hearts who have every right to challenge being relegated with a quarter of the season left to play. On the other hand, what are the poets going to argue? Whilst a 9 point lead had them in pole position and MAY have made them uncatchable, it is by no means CERTAIN that’s how it would have played out. There is only one logical winner to this argument and it’s us and Hearts. You don’t give out prizes for leading 3/4 thru a race, you don’t even hand out prizes with a race 90% done. You play until it’s mathematical impossible to be caught. Only then can you rightfully declare a team Champions.

I reckon this is all a concerted campaign to make us concede and I hope the club doesn’t bow to it. I don’t care what justification they dream up I wouldn’t give them the smell off my fart let alone concede a title with 2 old firm games left to play

In fact, given we are now two days beyond the date of the last scheduled future we should be cranking up pressure on the SFA to make a decision. In the name of ‘sporting integrity’ of course

would the legal argument not be about whether the SPFL have the power within the rules to make the decision rather than the decision itself?

So are we also squeezing in a preseason? European games cup games and next seasons qualifiers?

Ooh F.I.F.A!

giphy.gif

F*CK OFF!

FIFA, UEFA and the big 5 leagues are all in total denial about what is happening in the world at the moment.

I've not spoke to one person recently who gives a shit about football just now.

If FIFA had control over football leagues, would they allow Belarus to keep playing?

Governments will decide not them , can’t do a thing till governments say it’s ok to start playing

would the legal argument not be about whether the SPFL have the power within the rules to make the decision rather than the decision itself?
I guess your right. However fans could maybe sue the SPFL in that they didn’t get what they paid for

Now where’s That RFF

Back