Filip Helander signs 4 year deal now Confirmed

That'll be Katic dropped to the bench again.

Never heard of the guy but I'm surprised we're spending so much on a defender tbh.
Gerrard said we hoped to have another 60 game season, do u want katic to play in all 60? We need 4 centre backs of quality, not just 2. Katic won’t be dropped he can’t play every single game mate

Aaaaay, let me think.
Aw naw, I wanted Katic to start.
Aw naw, Goldson and Katic had started the season well.
Aw naw, that means less chance for Mayo.
We don’t care about developing the youth.

That's already started near the end of the first page of this thread.

Was a regular for Bologna until January when he seemed to fall out of favour.

Got back in the team near the end of the season.

Now a 1st pick for Sweden.

Never heard of the guy but I'm surprised we're spending so much on a defender tbh.

The move for Mexer showed that the management team wanted another very good centre half in.

Katic will play plenty this season regardless.

Sorry to slightly change off topic, but wonder if he has a Swedish Mrs and what shes like

:eek:

The big man doesn't settle for just one Mrs

filip-helander-and-girlfriend-john-guidetti-and-girlfriend-sanna-picture-id993572256

The Scandinavian shagger

If we go as far as we hope in Europe we'll play about 60 fixtures. He'll get plenty of game time.

What’s not to like about this rumour? Maybe just the price, but if he’s worth it then so be it.
Wonder why Bologna felt the need to sign two new central defenders if they already had this guy in place?
I guess he didn't fit in well to their set up.

Don’t deny it’s the going rate, just a hefty fee when it seems we have 3 decent defenders already.

I’ll definitely welcome it though.
We need as many good players as possible.. Worrall and Katic had spells last season where they were poor. Goldson from March onwards had an absolute nightmare.

If we kept it tight last season we would've won that league.

Looks a unit and a natural LCB is what the gaffer wanted so hope this rumour is true and we get the deal done if he’s a target

Will send a message out if we pay that kind of fee for a CB

We 100% need a top quality centre back. Every single one of our modern day teams that have been successful have had one.

Goldson and Katic are decent but I still think they are not close to the likes of Cuellar, Bougherra, Amo, Moore, Boumsong, Weir etc.

We 100% need a top quality centre back. Every single one of our modern day teams that have been successful have had one.

Goldson and Katic are decent but I still think they are not close to the likes of Cuellar, Bougherra, Amo, Moore, Boumsong, Weir etc.

Yup.

Tampons will be pulled out at the prospect of Katic or Goldson being benched, but it’s all about constant improvement everywhere.

That should keep the not spending money brigade quiet for a minute
I really don’t get the panty wetting brigade.If we got quality players on bosmans or development fees I’d call that shrewd business sense.Id be more worried if we were going out and spunking £20 million and put us back in the shite.

A higher fee than i expected us to pay for one player to be honest. Was going through a few wyscout videos there and he certainly looks decent. A big unit as well.

He'd need to shave that beard though....

Back