Filip Helander signs 4 year deal now Confirmed

I hope to god this guy is better than the last Swedish CB we had.

Svensson still gives me the shivers...

We 100% need a top quality centre back. Every single one of our modern day teams that have been successful have had one.

Goldson and Katic are decent but I still think they are not close to the likes of Cuellar, Bougherra, Amo, Moore, Boumsong, Weir etc.
Well said Sir

That'll be Katic dropped to the bench again.

Never heard of the guy but I'm surprised we're spending so much on a defender tbh.
Not necessarily..the big guy looked really comfortable playing on the right against Oxford.I think the gaffer has to rotate this season.Could be playing Thursday/Sunday right up to December.

I love Katic but @Empire is right above, he’s not quite ready yet

For example he lost his man after 8 mins or so last night but fortunately boy misjudged the flight of ball of we faces free header

Not that I know much about this lad

Totally agree.

I think katic has a great chance to go on and be a top player BUT he is still young and does make mistakes as all young centre backs do - I think we need another quality centreback to have a real chance of the league this season.

We not jumping the gun a bit here?

Are the Swedish twitter posts not just random accounts like football insider etc?

EBTs are back, and I like it.

DBtcwk9WAAImG-L.jpg:large

Will be a shame to see Katic dropped as in my opinion Katic is better than Goldson but at the same time on paper, this guy seems like the type of signing that will take us up a notch no matter who he replaces at CB.

I like Katic, but Goldson is our best central defender mate.

Even yesterday Katic switched off twice at 0-0.

We definitely need an experienced left sided central defender and this guy fits the bill.

Katic will still see plenty game time this season and develop and improve further.

Last edited by a moderator:
Regarding the possibility of Katic being dropped for the new guy. I think it should be Goldson. Katic has been better although to be honest the new guy must earn his place but at that price there is no chance of him being on the bench
Katic has been better than Goldson? I don't think you'll find many who agree with that mate. Big fan of Katic, but CG has been largely excellent for us and was an ever present last year.

we need 4 CBs and not a on his last legs McAuley or someone out of position

increased competition will strengthen us and players cannot drop performance level

A higher fee than i expected us to pay for one player to be honest. Was going through a few wyscout videos there and he certainly looks decent. A big unit as well.

He'd need to shave that beard though....
Can you share the clips mate ?

Back