Filip Helander signs 4 year deal now Confirmed

Are you just mindblanking the fact there is an insidious agenda against the young lad from fans, media and referees alike?

if he wasn’t Morelos and didn’t play for Rangers his ‘indiscipline’ would never be spoken about because it wouldn’t exist.

About time we got wise to the motives at play with our players.

Our own manager has stated he was discipline issues

Is he part of an agenda?

He without doubt gets referees to a different standard however, that doesn’t excuse him for some of his nonsense bookings and red cards

How about some on here including you get real and stop defending the indefensible.

He has issues with discipline that can’t be denied.

Our own manager has stated he was discipline issues

Is he part of an agenda?

He without doubt gets referees to a different standard however, that doesn’t excuse him for some of his nonsense bookings and red cards

How about some on here including you get real and stop defending the indefensible.

He has issues with discipline that can’t be denied.

You state in your post he is refereed to a different standard.

Would his disciplinary record look a lot better if he was refereed fairly?

You see where I’m going with this?

Sure he has had a few kick outs after being targeted from thugs and having absolutely no protection from referees but I think saying he has discipline issues just buys into the agenda that has been set by others.

Was there a better central defender in Scotland last season than Goldson?

If so, who?

The signing of a left sided central defender, who's in his mid 20s, 6ft 4in, a Swedish internationalist and has experience of defending in one of the best leagues in the world is exactly what we need.

As for Katic, he's a terrific prospect, who'll probably still see plenty football this season, as he continues to develop.

He could well be difficult to shift from the side, if he takes his chance when it comes.

Competition for every position is exactly what we need.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nah, not having that, total exaggeration.

A 'calamity' ffs!

His form was getting just as poor as Worrall’s before Katic came back into the team.
He like Amoruso years before is prone to making gaffs when under No real pressure.
Alongside Worrall both caused numerous goals through poor marking and going for the same balls.

His form was getting just as poor as Worrall’s before Katic came back into the team.
He like Amoruso years before is prone to making gaffs when under No real pressure.
Alongside Worrall both caused numerous goals through poor marking and going for the same balls.
Tell me more about these.

These too.

It was a joke based on a slight resemblance to try & cheer folk up

We are about to make a HUGE signing and folk are arguing about Goldson being a bombscare - mental
I get it mate.
I’m not sure I could’ve been too serious about a mythical character.

I don't think i've ever been concerned when Goldson has the ball at his feet.

I think some people just want to bash our players for the sake of having something to say.

No, there are many on here slating Katic saying he should be dropped when Helander comes in.
They are justifying by saying Katic was poor during the season and was dropped by SG.
He brought in Worrall and our defence started to look sloppy and was conceding goals near the end of games which caused us a lot of points.

Not people bashing Goldson, like many have done with Katic, they are just saying that Katic is more reliable and should stay in the first team.

Goldson isn’t a bombscare, him and Katic are good defenders. Helander looks a step above them at the moment, however if I had to choose I would pick Katic as I think he makes less errors and is more dominant in the games against the top 6 teams.

These too.

Villarreal and Aberdeen for starters. Quite a few where the two of them were getting in each other’s way.
I don’t think like that other poster he is a bombscare, both him and Katic are good CH’s I just think Katic is better and makes far less mistakes that cost goals.

Was there a better central defender in Scotland last season than Goldson?

If so, who?

The signing of a left sided central defender, who's in his mid 20s, 6ft 4in, a Swedish internationalist and has experience of defending in one of the best leagues in the world is exactly what we need.

As for Katic, he's a terrific prospect, who'll probably still see plenty football this season, as he continues to develop.

He could well be difficult to shift from the side, if he takes his chance when it comes.

Competition for every position is exactly what we need.
This is your last warning Mearns.
Stop talking f@ckin sense.

35h7eu.jpg

People criticising Goldson. Last season he played roughly 50 games. he hadn't played that many games in the previous 3 seasons combined, he shouldn't have played that many games last season, the fact we now have what appear to be 4 reliable centre backs will stand us in good stead.

Goldson is an excellent defender by the way

Goldson is the best CH in our league. Katic is not far behind him. Do not get the criticism Goldson gets. Imagine if he was Scottish, he would be our go to CH. He's a very good player and like most CH's his faults get highlighted more than his strengths.

I'm not convinced with the Swede at all. Seems like the Bologna fans arent too unhappy to see him leave. Contrast that with the Slavia Pargue fans who were gutted to see that Simon guy leave. I know it's only social media but the whole 'nervy' thing really worries me. Really need to trust MA and SG on this one.

Goldson is the best CH in our league. Katic is not far behind him. Do not get the criticism Goldson gets. Imagine if he was Scottish, he would be our go to CH. He's a very good player and like most CH's his faults get highlighted more than his strengths.

I'm not convinced with the Swede at all. Seems like the Bologna fans arent too unhappy to see him leave. Contrast that with the Slavia Pargue fans who were gutted to see that Simon guy leave. I know it's only social media but the whole 'nervy' thing really worries me. Really need to trust MA and SG on this one.

The nervy stuff is pish, probably the Italian Mark Guidi made those comments.

Christ on a bike. There are some serious mood hoovers on here.
Every signing is a risk but on the whole for Mark Allen’s record has been very good. We’ve seriously improved the squad over the past 3 transfer windows and I’m more than happy to work on the assumption that given this is a major financial outlay that we have done our homework.
No doubt Grezda and Lafferty have been a mistake but for those 2 we have 10 or more successes.
How about we let the guy play for us with the expectation he’ll be a success rather than a failure.

Getting back to the Highlander, I'm really glad we're signing a defender who is dominant in the air like this.

Some coaches talk with regards to centre back pairings about "A" and "B" defenders. A defenders are CB's who challenge for everything, are aggressive, win their aerial and one-on-one matchups. This guy sounds like the perfect A defender.

B defenders then are still very good defenders, but they tend not to be so dominant aerially (though still capable, of course). However, they are good at passing from the back, retaining possession and building play. I think Goldson is good enough for this role.

Katic has potential in both roles, and I haven't seen enough of Edmundson to know which camp he'd be in.

Aye aye a lot of money for us to be spending. He better be good bla bla bla.

Most importantly...any pics of his burd? I am envisaging a blonde goddess.

This thread reminds me why I never look at the match threads on here. Full of some strange opinions, accusations and exaggerations and mental to follow

Aye aye a lot of money for us to be spending. He better be good bla bla bla.

Most importantly...any pics of his burd? I am envisaging a blonde goddess.
Have you seen the guy?

I know he has a lot of cash and he's a good player, but he's not what you'd call handsome.

Imagine if he was Scottish, he would be our go to CH.

This isn't a criticism of Goldson but that's not saying much.

I'm not convinced with the Swede at all.

Willing to bet you've seen zero seconds of the guy play so you're basing that on absolutely nothing.

I know it's only social media but the whole 'nervy' thing really worries me.

Social media in general is full of zoomers.

In all fairness, someone saying Goldson is a bombscare isn’t reportable is it?

Cant ban people for having an opinion, even if it is fukin mental?! :D

I think it may fall into the category of player abuse which results in a wee holiday.

To be fair he hardly argued the point in that post. Also his viewpoint is honking.

You state in your post he is refereed to a different standard.

Would his disciplinary record look a lot better if he was refereed fairly?

You see where I’m going with this?

Sure he has had a few kick outs after being targeted from thugs and having absolutely no protection from referees but I think saying he has discipline issues just buys into the agenda that has been set by others.

I’m not buying into anything. I see it with my own eyes

Has he been hard done to by some refs and bookings? Yes.

However, let’s not pretend that he hasn’t got away with some incidents that refs have missed.

Can we try steer this back to positivity again?

Those that have watched him reckon it’s a very good deal, good comments by Rino today

Huge outlay and arguably most exciting signing since early00’s in that terms

Left sided, ticks all our boxes, adds massive depth to the team

I get the worry over the price but that’s why we have Mark Allen, I trust them to do what’s right

I’m fully on board for this and being positive, who’s with me?
I am

Back