Filip Helander signs 4 year deal now Confirmed

Not so much of criticism of Goldson but I prefer Katic myself, he’s more aggressive aerially and in the tackle. I think Goldson at times does look nervy and gets the ball lost under feet too at times. I think we seen a glimpse of what Katic could become with that pile driver Amo esque against Oxford......that lad Katic will become a superstar as his confidence grows!
Quite honestly people who prefer Goldson to Katic have never worked in football, Goldsons distribution is not good and his defensive heading of a ball is not as good as Katic also the fact that he is slow releasing passes and is liable to get caught, just my opinion based on watching the two of them

Nima Roodsari (Italian Sports journalist) said he’s coming straight to Glasgow for his medical.
I like her, a very astute football journalist. She done 5live late night phone in, but the phone in was for worldwide journos calling about their area. Tim Vickery was another on it, but Nima is well connected in Italian football as well as knowledgeable in the EPL. Very credible.

Quite honestly people who prefer Goldson to Katic have never worked in football, Goldsons distribution is not good and his defensive heading of a ball is not as good as Katic also the fact that he is slow releasing passes and is liable to get caught, just my opinion based on watching the two of them

Steven Gerrard prefers Goldson to Katic. I think he’s done some brief work in football.

That'll include Gerrard and his coaching team then mate?

There's no question who they prefer.

I like them both btw, but Goldson, at this moment in their careers is the better defender.

Just your opinion but you're happy to brand those who don't agree "don't have a clue about football"

Its clear Goldson is rated higher than Katic for many reasons. Its the whole management team that believe this. I suggest you go to Mark Allen and Stewart Robertson and tell them the team don't have a clue. Maybe they'll put you in charge?

FWIW I think you're wrong about Goldson.

I've seen Katic get caught ball watching. A ball over the top can catch him out quite easily, but he's young and improving.

When you reply, can you please tell me why you think Goldson and is liable to get caught on the ball? And when this has happened?

There is a report button. F*cking use it. I have better things to do on a Friday night than read through a few hundred posts deleting quoted posts and arguments.
Could you not take on more admins to remove all the shite, I for one am sick of coming on to a thread about a signing for it to turn into an argument about 'Ryan Jack being surplus to requirements'!?

is this deal still looking good? seen reports he had his medical already or is about to have it. has he been pictured in the uk yet as i seen a report saying he had flew out of italy a couple days ago

No chance he leaves then imo. I'd have thought the board will be wanting at least around £15m

Stewart Robertson (rather foolishly) claimed a few months ago that they value him at least the same as Dembele.

They can't now turnaround and take half of that.
Nothing foolish about it. Why would we accept less than what dembele went for?

It say closer to 99.5/0.5.

There are only a few posters on here that have a clue, even then, a good chunk of them are further away than they’d let on.

Good fun though
If you are focusing on ITK stuff then you might be right but to say 99.5% of discussion on a potential signing is utter guff would be idiotic, yes the thread is infested with shite but there's been plenty of good points and counter points.

[QUOTE="StephenHawkinsfitbawboots, post: 3921877, member: 371"]If targets are not signed 5mins after our interest becomes known threads about them just turn to shit[/QUOTE]

Mass panic sets in.

What is Katic better than Goldson at? I'm sure you've done some in depth analysis so I'd love to hear a breakdown of your view. Please expand rather than ridiculous comments about "working in football".

Being an amateur football manager, or some pish, does not give your opinion more credence than anyone else.

He's the voice of the back four, it's the things you do not see. Individually Katic is our better defender but Goldson is an integral and senior part of our spine. Not sure how many games he's actually missed but like Tav, Gerrard always wants him playing. He's massive for us

Nothing foolish about it. Why would we accept less than what dembele went for?
Already covered this but I thought the foolish part was the public statement at a fans convention. Gives people room to be pissed off at the board if we sell him for a bit less.

When the reality is we probably will.

giphy.gif

either top notch fishing or utter mentalism

Congratulations for making yourself look very, very stupid.

Now do yourself a favour and give up football.

You'd think we of all fans should know by now that these transfers take time. Its happening and just ironing out the details I'd imagine.

Genuinely exciting signing

Gerrard prefers Goldson to Katic, im sure he's worked a bit in football

Reactions: VGM
If you are focusing on ITK stuff then you might be right but to say 99.5% of discussion on a potential signing is utter guff would be idiotic, yes the thread is infested with shite but there's been plenty of good points and counter points.
Yeah. Of course. Which is what makes it fun. The itk stuff is even more fun to watch because it’s almost all made up

Katic is going to be class, but he's raw. Having experience like Goldson beside him as well as class like Helander is only going to bring his game to an even higher level. We clearly aren't going to rush him. Our management team are sensible

Katic is going to be class, but he's raw. Having experience like Goldson beside him as well as class like Helander is only going to bring his game to an even higher level. We clearly aren't going to rush him. Our management team are sensible

Raw is the right word, his judgement can be off at times and could stand to be a bit better on one on ones.
Not saying I don't rate Katic btw, both the things I've mentioned can be developed and I'd bet he'll go on to play at a much higher level than Scotland during his career.

Don't be shocked mate - given the views some have of Morelos, many don't appear to know their arse from their elbow when it comes to ability ;)
I don't think any Rangers fan doubts his ability, just his temperament. You either thinks he can't control his temper or the refs pick on him.

People could go home and find Katic in bed with their missus and blame Gerrard and his couching team, if he played Katic more he wouldn’t have the time to be pumping his missus.

He’s a good player, do need better every season, yes. That’s how you build a good rangers team. You don’t settle with what you have, if you can improve every position, you do!

Back