Filip Helander signs 4 year deal now Confirmed

That'll include Gerrard and his coaching team then mate?

There's no question who they prefer.

I like them both btw, but Goldson, at this moment in their careers is the better defender.
Place is mental. We all love Rangers and watch them religiously. But how can anyone not see the huge difference in Goldson's composure, positioning, timing? And like you say, he's the gaffers number 1 choice. I'm delighted that we've a manager who just completely gets that to be successful in Scotland you need two rock solid dominant centre halves first and foremost. Unless anyone can tell me a title winning Rangers team that wasn't absolutely solid in that position?

Katic is going to be class, but he's raw. Having experience like Goldson beside him as well as class like Helander is only going to bring his game to an even higher level. We clearly aren't going to rush him. Our management team are sensible

I’d like to think so, but playing Worral ahead of him wasn’t sensible no matter how it’s dressed up. Katic will need regular game time to improve he’s won’t progress with the odd game here and there.

In saying that, if we’ve now got someone better they have to play ahead of him and it’s as simple as that really. I think people obviously just feel for him a bit because he’s a popular character and got a bit of a raw deal last season.

I’d like to think so, but playing Worral ahead of him wasn’t sensible no matter how it’s dressed up. Katic will need regular game time to improve he’s won’t progress with the odd game here and there.

In saying that, if we’ve now got someone better they have to play ahead of him and it’s as simple as that really. I think people obviously just feel for him a bit because he’s a popular character and got a bit of a raw deal last season.
I know where youre coming from mate.

Also last paragraph spot on, if we can upgrade anyone, do it. No room for sentiment

Later stages of qualifiers n hopefully group stages away from home

Mcgregor

Tav Goldson Katic Helander Barisic

Strong defence!!
We have the makings of a decent side. That has a few different ways of setting up

You're shocked football fans come onto a football forum and express their opinions on football? Really?
It’s not that they have an opinion, it’s how ludicrous that opinion might be and, more than this, that people seem to believe they know better than the professionals.
For example, today a poster suggested that anybody who thought Goldson better than Katic, clearly knew nothing about football.
This, despite, the Rangers management team that includes Gary McAllister and Steven Gerrard, see it differently.

It’s not that they have an opinion, it’s how ludicrous that opinion might be and, more than this, that people seem to believe they know better than the professionals.
For example, today a poster suggested that anybody who thought Goldson better than Katic, clearly knew nothing about football.
This, despite, the Rangers management team that includes Gary McAllister and Steven Gerrard, see it differently.

Its why football is such a beautiful game - everyone sees it differently.

Hope Mihajlovic beats whatever medical issue he has that he’s needing to quit for. That doesn’t sound positive at all.

Hoping the deal is already done (sounds like it is and Helander wants to come anyway), and a change of management team at Bologna doesn’t throw a spanner in the works.

Hopefully announced today at some point.

Ah we do love a bit of drama. If Helander is already in the UK and has had/is having his medical ready to be introduced to the fans tomorrow (and that’s where I think we are with this) then the deal is far enough down the line that the illness of Mihajlovic is irrelevant. It’s normally club Presidents that handle transfers overseas anyway, or Sporting Directors. I don’t see the reports of the managers illness scuppering it - Bologna have far bigger issues to concern themselves with following this latest news.

Obviously I wish Mr Mihajlovic good health and, hopefully, a speedy recovery.

Ah we do love a bit of drama. If Helander is already in the UK and has had/is having his medical ready to be introduced to the fans tomorrow (and that’s where I think we are with this) then the deal is far enough down the line that the illness of Mihajlovic is irrelevant. It’s normally club Presidents that handle transfers overseas anyway, or Sporting Directors. I don’t see the reports of the managers illness scuppering it - Bologna have far bigger issues to concern themselves with following this latest news.

Obviously I wish Mr Mihajlovic good health and, hopefully, a speedy recovery.
Bolognas sporting director was the one handling this according to the Italian journo

Skrtel rumour not going away apparently we are in talks ? Surely not

Were in talks. Past tense.

Based on the quotes from Skrtel anyway it read very much like, if true, we had talks with his agent at some point during the summer presumably before going for Helander.

No way we sign both given that Skrtel wouldn’t be cheap and we can’t play a million centre backs.

Back