Filip Helander signs 4 year deal now Confirmed

Alf is an asset to us either on the field or as a money spinning transfer target, simple.
Anyway it’s a thread about big Thor and I trust Gerrard and King in their judgement about both players. Quit bleating about it before your shite is in tomorrow’s bog rolls.

He's currently our best centre half, and a fair bit better than Katic.

Which is why he was a regular all of last season and Katic was not.
Matter of opinion. Goldson was better than Worrel I will admit that. It should have been Goldson and Katic.

The guy has no social media apart from Facebook. I wonder if he’ll make an Instagram or Twitter account and watch his follower count skyrocket.

Its a lot of money for a centre half, I must admit I didn’t really think centre back was the biggest of our problems right now so the outlay there seems a bit OTT to me but I don’t think the gaffer fancies Katic and I remember saying at the seasons end I still fancied us to go and try and nab another starter.

But, the player himself sounds promising, bit gutted for Katic because I think he’s more worthy of a start than Goldson but ultimately it looks like we’ll have 3 quality centre halfs.

Irrespective of any agenda,he let his manager,
his teammates,and his loyal fans down big time.I still believe we could/would have won
the league last season if he had remained on a he park.

I’ll say this once more, he WOULD have remained on the park if he wasn’t Morelos and didn’t play for Rangers.

That’s the real issue here.

If he was treated the same way as others he’d of been lucky to get 2 red cards last season.

Who cares though eh and let’s just slaughter one of our own.

Colombian hothead that he is.

I've said this before, there will be a release clause in his contract and it's not going to be 15-20m, why would he and his agent agree to a figure that would jeopardize the move he covets? It's likely to be around 8-10m and when it eventually happens Robertson will likely spin it by saying the overall package could potentially be worth 20m (Dembele amount) to Rangers. This would include sell on percentage, but obviously would be hypothetical.
Didn,t his agent confirm there wasn,t a realise clause in his contract.

I've said this before, there will be a release clause in his contract and it's not going to be 15-20m, why would he and his agent agree to a figure that would jeopardize the move he covets? It's likely to be around 8-10m and when it eventually happens Robertson will likely spin it by saying the overall package could potentially be worth 20m (Dembele amount) to Rangers. This would include sell on percentage, but obviously would be hypothetical.

Without concrete proof you are merely speculating there maybe a release clause, it's just as likely there isn't a release clause and with the offer of a new contract 12 months ago he was told that a release cause wasn't on the table. It's more likely there is a gentleman's agreement in place that when a certain number is met he can then talk to the interested party.

Without concrete proof you are merely speculating there maybe a release clause, it's just as likely there isn't a release clause and with the offer of a new contract 12 months ago he was told that a release cause wasn't on the table. It's more likely there is a gentleman's agreement in place that when a certain number is met he can then talk to the interested party.
Sherbrooke loyal i am sure says no release clause and he is normally reliable. Frankly i was astonished that the player and agent accepted this but there you go.

I'll be pleasantly surprised If there is no release clause. When it comes to player contracts I think it's unlikely if anyone is going to have concrete proof of the contents, discussions on here are going to be based on hearsay and reading between the lines of attributed comments.

Are you just mindblanking the fact there is an insidious agenda against the young lad from fans, media and referees alike?

if he wasn’t Morelos and didn’t play for Rangers his ‘indiscipline’ would never be spoken about because it wouldn’t exist.

About time we got wise to the motives at play with our players.
Agenda or not, hes an absolute liability Through his own actions

I’ll say this once more, he WOULD have remained on the park if he wasn’t Morelos and didn’t play for Rangers.

That’s the real issue here.

If he was treated the same way as others he’d of been lucky to get 2 red cards last season.

Who cares though eh and let’s just slaughter one of our own.

Colombian hothead that he is.
I missed that,say that again.:rolleyes:

Its a lot of money for a centre half, I must admit I didn’t really think centre back was the biggest of our problems right now so the outlay there seems a bit OTT to me but I don’t think the gaffer fancies Katic and I remember saying at the seasons end I still fancied us to go and try and nab another starter.

But, the player himself sounds promising, bit gutted for Katic because I think he’s more worthy of a start than Goldson but ultimately it looks like we’ll have 3 quality centre halfs.
If we do sign the big Swede,I'd prefer to have Katic as his partner also.

I'll be pleasantly surprised If there is no release clause. When it comes to player contracts I think it's unlikely if anyone is going to have concrete proof of the contents, discussions on here are going to be based on hearsay and reading between the lines of attributed comments.

If there was a release clause of 8-12 million then he would have been away the day after the transfer window opened, 30 goal a season strikers no matter what league they play in do not grow on trees. The fact we are possibly quoting teams 15-20 million with clauses and add on's is what in my opinion is maybe giving potential suitors pause for thought.

original.gif

Off topic but prob ma fav MCU movie lol

I honestly can’t believe folk rate Katic over Goldson at this point in time, its bloody weird, but hey ho, this is the thread for craziness.

I assume its a case of familiarity breeding contempt, and because Goldson was almost ever present he’s getting blamed by default for mistakes of others. Goldson looked fatigued at points, definitely, and hopefully better options will mean we don’t have to run him into the ground again, but he’s currently our best centre back by a stretch.

We'll deal for £10-£12M on Morelos.

He'll be an empty shirt if he's denied the move to the EPL.

The notion he'll just shrug it off and play to his full capacity is absolutely fantasy.

Good god, how many examples do you need of players forcing moves through by just downing tools?

Well if he does that he will never get his move to the EPL. Who wants a player who downs tools when he dosent get what he wants.
Anyway am an Alfie "FANBOY" as some describe on here n dnt want him to go.

Btw that rant wasnt aimed at u m8 lol

Some comments from Gattuso on him, there is a chance he might know what he is talking about and certainly more than the idiots on here going through old videos to find mistakes he made.

From the Record

And Gattuso believes his old club may have saved themselves a small fortune.

Speaking from a family holiday in Spain, the former Ibrox hero said: “I heard from Italy the price is around 5m Euros – and that’s a good price for him.

“It’s big money for Rangers but he’s a good player at that price when you consider the market at this moment.

"It’s incredible some players are costing 50m, 55m Euros. Rangers have done good business.

Last edited:
Unbelievable some of the comments on this thread. Thought I’d seen everything on FF over the years but I stand corrected.

As a fan it’s acceptable to be critical of players, but some on here have something bordering on hatred for individuals that pull on the blue jersey. When that criticism extends to players linked with us then suspicions can only be raised as to whether the person commenting actually is a Rangers man or not....

This thread is infested

Without trawling through reams of shite can I ask what is the state of play regarding Helander transfer?

I guess we'll find out in due course mate.

I think he'll get his move. If he doesn't then it will be interesting to see his mood. And I don't mean anything snidy by that - just genuinely intrigued.
The thing with Morelos, he always gives his best, 100% on the pitch and some.

I want him to stay as I think we have a great chance of wining the league this year with the squad we're building with Morelos a proven goalscorer at the helm.

Conversely if a great offer comes in for him, i'd be happy if he goes as that's what our business model is.

Unbelievable some of the comments on this thread. Thought I’d seen everything on FF over the years but I stand corrected.

As a fan it’s acceptable to be critical of players, but some on here have something bordering on hatred for individuals that pull on the blue jersey. When that criticism extends to players linked with us then suspicions can only be raised as to whether the person commenting actually is a Rangers man or not....

This thread is infested
Its mental as he's a tremendous player.

I remember a game last season v AC Milan, bologna were 3 at the back (so he's clearly not that slow), then went down to 10 men and Helander still dominated everything and kept Milan at bay.

He's going to dominate our back line i promise that.

We'll deal for £10-£12M on Morelos.

He'll be an empty shirt if he's denied the move to the EPL.

The notion he'll just shrug it off and play to his full capacity is absolutely fantasy.

Good god, how many examples do you need of players forcing moves through by just downing tools?
Might be naivety, but I don’t think he would down tools. He has the chance to win the league this year and become almost a god amongst us. SG would make him aware of that.

I remember reading at the time of the new contract that Alfie his agent and Rangers had agreed an acceptable figure for his transfer so I think you are spot on, it's maybe because of that that folk think a release clause was in the contract.

I see Gattuso has spoken to the DR saying this is an absolute bargain for Rangers he is a big fan of the Player and his mentality.
What does an ex Milan Legend and manager, World cup winner, former Rangers player know about Italian football, Italian based players and the demands of Rangers and Scottish Football:cool:
This should hopefully straighten up some people on this signing!

H&H do a European show do they not? (Although I dont listen to that one, not overly interested)

But has Bologna and this man ever been discussed or mentioned before?

Back