Filip Helander signs 4 year deal now Confirmed

Will be amusing is any tims start on him ala Russell Martin in that shopping centre. The big man would likely tear their limbs off, then sing about it in a mead hall.
They will, there will be plenty of them in their full kits off to Salou and infesting the airport and surrounding area.

When you consider that until last season we had 6 years of brutally bad centre halves (it pains me to even think of some of them and of the debates about whether rotten centre half A was marginally better or worse than rotten centre half B), to be where we are now with Helander, Goldson, Katic and Edmundson (and some promise in the likes of Mayo in the younger ranks) is fantastic. Throw in that we have a very good goalkeeper, a fantastic right back, good cover at right back and left back and we are in a very good place. Barisic clicking at left back is the only question mark; and even there the mood music seems a bit more promising now that he has had a good, injury free pre-season.

All the good Rangers teams have been built on a rock solid defence. It feels like that is what we should have again this season.

Ulrika approves !

221yXCO.gif

I am a huge Katic fan, he is the better defender than Goldson and I think his distribution is more simple and straightforward. Goldson has the edge in experience and maybe slightly quicker and I think he will partner Herlander. I believe Herlander is left sided, so he will definitely be the first choice. Once he is match fit. Defence is well sorted now imho.

Correct, the spotlight will be well and truly on him due to his price tag. I wonder if Scottish football's 'marquee' signing will be under the same pressure!
Price tag is one pressure.
The Rangers support though, fifty thousand fans but a hundred thousand faces, that’s different level again.

I am a huge Katic fan, he is the better defender than Goldson and I think his distribution is more simple and straightforward. Goldson has the edge in experience and maybe slightly quicker and I think he will partner Herlander. I believe Herlander is left sided, so he will definitely be the first choice. Once he is match fit. Defence is well sorted now imho.

Seem to have offended a few on here by my comment, as I said no offence was meant just trying to lighten the mood.Everyone seems to be getting impatient with how long this is taking to be confirmed. FFS chill out bears.
I wouldn't get het up about it,just let's them and all their little followers take satisfaction from it

Dont understand the criticism of goldson. He's by far the best cb in the league. He looked nervy when playing with Worral as he didn't seem to have a great understanding with him. But when he played with katic he was unplayable and I think that's why people maybe try say katic is better but he's not. If helander is the same quality or better than goldson our defence should be amazing this season.

Dont understand the criticism of goldson. He's by far the best cb in the league. He looked nervy when playing with Worral as he didn't seem to have a great understanding with him. But when he played with katic he was unplayable and I think that's why people maybe try say katic is better but he's not. If helander is the same quality or better than goldson our defence should be amazing this season.
Not so much of criticism of Goldson but I prefer Katic myself, he’s more aggressive aerially and in the tackle. I think Goldson at times does look nervy and gets the ball lost under feet too at times. I think we seen a glimpse of what Katic could become with that pile driver Amo esque against Oxford......that lad Katic will become a superstar as his confidence grows!

Not so much of criticism of Goldson but I prefer Katic myself, he’s more aggressive aerially and in the tackle. I think Goldson at times does look nervy and gets the ball lost under feet too at times. I think we seen a glimpse of what Katic could become with that pile driver Amo esque against Oxford......that lad Katic will become a superstar as his confidence grows!
I think Gerrard managed katic well last season, although, I think katic struggled to see it

I’m sure he will be managed well this season he’s clearly a great talent

Back