Filip Helander

It’s not a show of support for Gerrard for thinking Goldson is our best centre half, Goldson has shown over the past two seasons he is our most consistent & best defender. Helander may well go on to prove he is our best defender but currently it is Goldson.
I see your point bud but remember that old football slogan

your only as good as your last game

All our centre halfs have different attributes, which is great and a struggle for the manager!

I wonder if we will see games with Helander and Balogun, as that would also mean Balogun on his correct 'side'.
Helander is the best defender we have, but the others are not that far behind.
I just think he’s more dependable across a series of games and season than the others.

he knows and plays his limits .

I would say there is evidence already that the others do not .

that tightness that professionalism is a treasure.

Any 2 of out Helander, Goldson and Balogun looks good enough for any game in Scotland. Expect to see Helander more in games where we're likely to be under more pressure, and Balogun in games where we can benefit more from him pushing up the park

Helander looked sharp and certainly impressed tonight I thought.

Our quality options at the back are very encouraging.

He looked quick when tracking a forward break from those dirty bastards , was pleasantly surprised and impressed... he’s better than Goldson

I think he's class, showed a real turn of pace a few times to recover. Not bad for someone slower than a week in jail. Our best defender.

I tend to think he’s the best CB at the club.

I think he’s been really consistent from what we have seen.

Of course he had that ropey performance at Livingston. For some reason you have one bad game and this forum writes you off.

Theres been this curious antipathy towards any Rangers CB who isn’t called Katic on here.

Brilliant problem for Gerrard to have.

Katić is still my favourite, though!

Glad you've finally realised he isn't the "best".

Goldson is still the top man for me but I wouldn't argue with anyone who prefers big Filip. There's an intelligence about his game that I absolutely love.

Will be interesting to see how they get on at the weekend when any of them are up against Dykes on that pitch as the ball will be in the air a hellava lot , and Dykes is no shrinking violet

Great to have such good options in the heart of defence. The 3 guys who have played recently along with big George and Niko (when fit) means we have more than enough cover there. Great recruitment.

He’s a very good defender. Personal opinion is he’s the best at the club but it’s an area we’re strong in.

Yep.

Said it several times, but as an out and out defender he’s the best at the club. Possibly doesn’t have the physical attributes of Goldson but certainly looks quite pacey at points last night.

He’s an experienced international defender with over 100 Serie A games, you can see he’s spent a fair amount of time in a much more tactically aware league.

Top defender who needs a faster pair of boots, always looks a threat from corners and isn't afraid to put his head in where it hurts.

Back