Final ticket - is this ‘allowed’?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papasmurf

Official Ticketer
I think there’s a reasonable chance I’ll get a ticket in the ballot. But I can’t make it as it’s my sons birthday.

I’m also about to do a bit of fund raising for a community project that I’ve been asked to help with.

I was going to sell 50 raffle tickets at a tenner a pop for a signed 2019/2020 bears top. But is it morally right to raffle off final tickets (if I get allocated them)?

Thinking maybe £20 a ticket. 50 tickets

First prize - cup final tickets
Second prize - signed top
Third prize - tour of the stadium

What say FF? Is it morally right to raffle of cup final tickets?

Great idea. I'll take a couple or would it be one ticket per member?
I’m not sure. I’ve not thought about it in any real detail. Just wanted to get a feel for whether it’s the right thing to do or not. Oh and I’ll need to get allocated a ticket first :D

Radio stations and TV competitions are run all the time for concert tickets, cars, holidays, etc. so I don't see why this would be any different.

They do it because they get permission from the organisers - all in the small print

I think there’s a reasonable chance I’ll get a ticket in the ballot. But I can’t make it as it’s my sons birthday.

I’m also about to do a bit of fund raising for a community project that I’ve been asked to help with.

I was going to sell 50 raffle tickets at a tenner a pop for a signed 2019/2020 bears top. But is it morally right to raffle off final tickets (if I get allocated them)?

Morally, I would say selling raffle tickets for a good cause is a good way to shift them.

I can 100% guarantee there will be a fair few who miss out on the ballot and would be fcking outraged though! :D

They do it because they get permission from the organisers - all in the small print
Fair enough, bad example given.

Is it illegal to raffle the ticket without permission? (Genuine question) Is it stated on the Terms and Conditions of getting a ticket?

Maybe asking if it's morally right was the wrong question to ask. I'd imagine a lot of people don't care! Clearly @Papasmurf does care and does have morals though... otherwise he wouldn't be asking.

Do what you like with it offline but it’s not something you can do on here.

Raffle an envelope, if it has a ticket inside then jolly good.

Morally? It's for charity mate. Anyone questioniong the morality of that isn't worth bothering about.

It’s fund raising that’s being supported by Alex Mcleish, hopefully the club wouldn’t see an issue with it.

Understand you want to use for fund raising but there is way about about it as I said in the small print which is on the rear, just trying to keep you right @Papasurf

The organiser is the SPFL -

Understand you want to use for fund raising but there is way about about it as I said in the small print which is on the rear, just trying to keep you right @Papasurf

The organiser is the SPFL -
Cheers. Will see if I can get in touch with them. Will see what the ballot brings

Fair enough, bad example given.

Is it illegal to raffle the ticket without permission? (Genuine question) Is it stated on the Terms and Conditions of getting a ticket?

Maybe asking if it's morally right was the wrong question to ask. I'd imagine a lot of people don't care! Clearly @Papasmurf does care and does have morals though... otherwise he wouldn't be asking.

Yes technically you need consent from the organiser and is stated on the rear of the ticket

I’m not sure. I’ve not thought about it in any real detail. Just wanted to get a feel for whether it’s the right thing to do or not. Oh and I’ll need to get allocated a ticket first :D
Check the T&C's.I don't think it is allowed.

Against rules of issue.
Read an old ticket will tell you

I done this offline for the last old firm and seen that someone else had been contacted by Rangers for doing so.

I went ahead with mine without any problem but yeah it is against ticket issue rules, I know that now.

Not really any different to folk who can’t make it taking the ticket and selling it to their mate which happens all the time.

Maybe I'm just tight but it's highly doubtful I would part with £20 for a 1 in 50 chance of winning. Unless the proceeds were going to a charity I felt strongly about.

On official lines the ticket won't allow it. The SPFL don't want to risk like they're looking associated with charitable causes they don't believe in or anything like that.

If you held a raffle ticket to raise funds to bring Shamima Begum back to the UK, top prize a seat at the SPFL League Cup Final © then it might be interpreted that the SPFL are in some way affiliated with that charitable cause. That's why the condition exists.

Realistically if you do it locally and for nothing too controversial is there any chance the SPFL will act on it - probably not - but it's within their rights to do so; just worth knowing.

I’d personally decline the chance to purchase, but Depends on the charity.

There are very few I’m willing to help, what with their ridiculous administration costs and unspent bank balances.

I think the organiser would need to know who is going to use the ticket in case there’s any issues caught on cctv etc.

That will be the wains Xmas sorted ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back