Finally a game and we are not talking about the ref

Gio#56

Great to watch a game of football after the Clancy and Robertson double act. How refreshing. And to think we dont want euro refs. Bring it on I say.

No one was talking about the ref last week in Gibraltar and no one tonight in Holland.

Guaranteed come Sunday Madden will have a dossier of howlers to keep up the scottish theme.

This is where you really see it. Foreign refs can make big mistakes, but there is simply not the same ‘fighting against the ref feeling‘ we get in Scotland. in our league the ref is often the obstacle.

Great to watch a game of football after the Clancy and Robertson double act. How refreshing. And to think we dont want euro refs. Bring it on I say.

No one was talking about the ref last week in Gibraltar and no one tonight in Holland.

Guaranteed come Sunday Madden will have a dossier of howlers to keep up the scottish theme.
As you say mate, we only have two days to bask in a fair shake from the men in black before normal, miserable service resumes at noon on Sunday. Can’t wait. Not.

Yep the officials were honest and good imo!

This is where you really see it. Foreign refs can make big mistakes, but there is simply not the same ‘fighting against the ref feeling‘ we get in Scotland. in our league the ref is often the obstacle.

referee, linemen and even 4th officials have screwed us over here. I watched a bit of the mentally challenged game and it was great to see them not getting fouls they'd normally get, you could see the surprise at falling over does equal a foul.

If it was a domestic game - no penalty to Rangers, and their handball goal would have stood. Back to the usual pish on Sunday with Madden, Lord help us all!

both teams received two yellows last night, i wonder if it will be similar at the weekend.

Their handball into the net would have been given by gollum and Frances O'Neill doing the line in Scotland. No doubt whatsover. This is what we are up against. in Europe we get a fair deal and the basic laws of the game ARE applied

Scottish referees are mostly either incompetent or cowardly and therefore corrupt or even a combination of the above.

You just know that in European games if a decision goes against you it is because of the human error aspect which can affect either team.

In Scotland we would not have got that penalty and their handball goal would have stood.

Hopefully the bears that would still rather blame the players for a single error or missed chance are starting to realise just how much officials are influencing our domestic games.

Its not howlers with Madden its cheating, always has been probably always will be he not media darling for giving friendly interviews its bias that makes him very very popular.

I honestly dont believe our officials are of a poor standard either if they want to they can ref to the same level of the guy last night. Greg Aitken is the only top level ref thats hopeless i would guess that he is prob a big celtic fan thats why hes given the odd premiership game. The rest can ref games fine when they want too.

Quite simply they adore cheating Rangers and this would be the perfect time for everyone at the club to bring it up, we prefer playing in europe as while the opposition is a bit stronger the difference between a neutral ref and scottish refs is massive. Winning at Easter road with a bent official in charge can be tougher than winning in Holland with an honest one. People completely underestimate the power of the whistle or how often a decision can change the rest of the game. Players are not scared of a bad injury in euro game so can relax play their football.

Monkey magic made an excellent point on the other threads, we should be using the duty of care example and say refs are failing to protect the players. It could be said in that painfully polite Rangers way which i hate myself but accept its easy to tell the club what to do when the next ban/fine is imminent.

Lets not wait till we drop points again we should be moaning about the ref before the match we all know what motherwell are going to do and exactly how boaby will bend the rules to let them away with it.

Scottish referees are mostly either incompetent or cowardly and therefore corrupt or even a combination of the above.

You just know that in European games if a decision goes against you it is because of the human error aspect which can affect either team.

they are not incompetent, they are cheats.

Here we are talking about them :))

Giving praise right enough for letting the game be played by both teams.

You can bet your life the usual suspect refs here would have awarded their handball goal . Also would have booked McGregor for protesting. A refreshing change last night.

Its a recurring theme. Would love to see the stats between us and them over a euro campaign like last year, would be willing to bet they are pretty similar compared to the skewed SPFL. Thinking along the lines of free kicks awarded for and against, fouls per booking, penalties awarded for and against.

I feared the worst when he rushed over to book Borna but after seeing the replay it was probably the correct call. Then it was 85 minutes of being blissfully unaware of his presence which is the way it should be

The standard of refereeing in this country really is deplorable. Sure we've had some rubbish refs in europe, but in this country it feels like almost every ref has an agenda.

We should be kicking up absolute f*ck about the refs in Scotland. Couldn't care less if it causes another "strike". Seems to have worked out ok for the mentally challengeds.

two in the same night for me, watched their game too. Amazing just showed up how corrupt our league is. Ajer could not understand that not all coming togethers is a celtic free kick.
Said the same last night.

We absolutely cruised against a good side and were even awarded a penalty.

They struggled against absolute mud and had more bookings than the opposition.

In Scotland we would not have got that penalty and their handball goal would have stood.

Hopefully the bears that would still rather blame the players for a single error or missed chance are starting to realise just how much officials are influencing our domestic games.
They won't.

We still had people defending Clancy on here last week mate.

The guy that conceded the penalty wasn’t booked, then was booked 2mins later... should’ve been a second yellow imo
Not every foul for a pen is a booking. He was right imo. It wasn't a nasty, malicious or cynical foul. Just a really poor attempt.

Not every foul for a pen is a booking. He was right imo. It wasn't a nasty, malicious or cynical foul. Just a really poor attempt.
I was more showing that the referee IMO wasn't perfect as it COULD have been a booking rather. Different referee may have given it, ultimately it matters not a jot as we won.

Back