Finding the balance/Strength and depth

Govanfrnt

***Title should read strength in depth***

So assuming Docherty, Martin and Jones come in alongside Cummings this transfer window or next, we will be sitting with a slightly oversized squad of round about 37 players each of who will be fighting for first team action

Gk Foderingham Alnwick, Kelly
Lwb Wallace, John
RWB Tav Hodson
CB Martin Alves A.Wilson
CB Wilson Cardoso Bates
LW Murphy Jones
CM Jack Docherty Holt Halliday
CM McCrorie Goss Rossiter Barjonas
RW Candaies Ateyaki MOH
AM Windass Dorrans Kranjaer Pena Forrester
CF Morelos Cummings Miller Herrera Dodoo Hardie

Injured
Wallace, Alves, Rossiter, McCrorie, Jack, Dorrans, Miller

Out on loan
Forrester

In my opinion i'd be happy to see the following sold off
Hodson, Herrera, Pena, MOH, Kranjaer, Dodoo, forrester

And a further group to be loaned out
Bates, Ateyaki, Hardie, Kelly, A Wilson and Barjonas

All hypothetical of course however this would leave us with a squad of 24 and would in my opinion be a very capable squad and a very good job done by the board and management staff not to mention Mark Allan and his scouts.

Finally we may just have a squad to be proud of

Last edited:
Agree with the majority of that. Would maybe let young Barjonas out as well. Its definitely taking shape, IMO.

Not a Miller hater but now that a younger squad is getting put together he should either retire gracefully or move to lower levels or look into the coaching side either with the Gers are A N Other.
I say this as when you see him and Kranjaer the pace and control have gone and I would rather he went out on a high rather than being hounded out.

Not a Miller hater but now that a younger squad is getting put together he should either retire gracefully or move to lower levels or look into the coaching side either with the Gers are A N Other.
I say this as when you see him and Kranjaer the pace and control have gone and I would rather he went out on a high rather than being hounded out.

I think Miller will be a coach in time. He's doing his badges and had a good attitude albeit his recent issues with Pedro were a bit disappointing.

I think Miller will be a coach in time. He's doing his badges and had a good attitude albeit his recent issues with Pedro were a bit disappointing.
I definitely see him coaching and think he will be a good one, the Pedro issue wasn't good and should have been handled better and some of the comments on FF were bad, mine included but as I said I would rather see the guy going out with his head held high..

I think there will be some movement out the door and it will be interesting to see who is gone by the end of the month

Dont think KM ought hang about after retirement - GM been able to assert his control over first team since Kenny was injured IMO and now he got Jimmy Nichol We dont need Kenny putting his oar in. We going with youth and no lack of quality - I am as hopeful as I have been for 5 years !

Back