Finishing this period playing one less game

kMac1

Am i reading this correct?

One game at a time and all that, lets concentrate on tomorrow but.....

We will finish this playing period having played one game less than them? So even if we win at the piggery and they win all their games we will still be behind! If we lose that game then we could be looking at an 8 point gap with us a game in hand. Depressing winter break if thats what happens.

Yes there semi final tie against Hearts I’m sure is played before break ours against St Johnstone hasn’t been confirmed yet I don’t think

Why we need a good December but our run of games is terrible.

We’ll also have played 9 home and 11 away

Schedule is already brutal, could you imagine having to add another one to that? They're more than welcome to play a extra match away from home

I think it's this mid week. We 'lost' the mid week as our game v hibs is on the Friday.
Correct this midweek was the 1st available free date for St Johnstone and that game won't be played before mid-March at least now subject to our European run

Strange, how the computer generated games has resulted in an imbalance Away to home games.
However we should be able to win the next four games in December.
If they are two points ahead, our game in hand is really a gimmee (3points) do not know the date of the rearranged date?The games after the winter break, sees us having four games out of five at home plus the game in hand.League won after the home Old Firm match

Its not ideal

But I think playing 4 instead of 5 is helpful if we win the first 3 and be fresher for the piggery.

Particularly given how tired we look

If we go into the break two behind with a game in hand to St Johnstone at home and that would depress you you’ve something wrong with you because id be fucking delighted with that.

They really couldn’t feck up what should be a simple home and away fixture list if they tried.......oh wait they did try.

It’s ridiculous the way it’s been done to be honest, assuming they win it gives them a big advantage.
If they lose a game and we go top at the piggery they'll be crying about fatigue, extra games, and masonic conspiracies.
For once in my life, I don't think it's all that sinister.
The home and away should have been better managed maybe, but the fixtures are what they are. No one could have predicted the UEFA games panning out as they did or a Gers v Scum final.

If we go into the break two behind with a game in hand to St Johnstone at home and that would depress you you’ve something wrong with you because id be fucking delighted with that.

I never said that i wouldnt be, however as much as we will all agree they are not that great, winning at the piggery is no easy task. I'm being realistic here. If we draw with them we will probably still be 5 points behind over the winter break, thats if we both win our other games. I would rather have the points in the bag than the games in hand! 5 point gap over the winter is still depressing!

It’s ridiculous the way it’s been done to be honest, assuming they win it gives them a big advantage.

We benefited from this last season when they played one less, a home game to St J funnily enough.

Swings and roundabouts, we play it Jan/Feb, along with about 7 home games out of 9 am sure.

I never said that i wouldnt be, however as much as we will all agree they are not that great, winning at the piggery is no easy task. I'm being realistic here. If we draw with them we will probably still be 5 points behind over the winter break, thats if we both win our other games. I would rather have the points in the bag than the games in hand! 5 point gap over the winter is still depressing!
I agree, the SPFL inability to arrange straight forward fixtures together with television schedules making a mockery of this league.

Could work in our favour as we'll be playing a game less than them in December.

I'd say the opposite.

Hearts absolutely pish and we've two Hard away games at Motherwell and Hibs.

Could be going there anything from 2-5/6 points behind if things don't go the way we want and that would put Us under enormous pressure on the 29th.

I'd say the opposite.

Hearts absolutely pish and we've two Hard away games at Motherwell and Hibs.

Could be going there anything from 2-5/6 points behind if things don't go the way we want and that would put Us under enormous pressure on the 29th.

I imagine the management and squad will be more grateful for the slightly extra rest.

If we go there anything more than 5 points behind with a game in hand then it will be entirely our own fault.

I imagine the management and squad will be more grateful for the slightly extra rest.

If we go there anything more than 5 points behind with a game in hand then it will be entirely our own fault.

Let's just concentrate on tomorrow first mate.

I also don't see them winning every game up till our game against them.

Tomorrow isn't a straightforward game either for them.

Let's just concentrate on tomorrow first mate.

I also don't see them winning every game up till our game against them.

Tomorrow isn't a straightforward game either for them.

If you ask Gerrard would he want going into the fixture on the 29th, 2 points or 5 points behind them then I think he would disagree with you mate!

Aye. Right.

Tbh I’d rather not have to play the extra game now

we looked out on our feet thiradsy

the extra rest could prove vital

After the break though, 5 of our next 6 games are at home (including the Stranraer cup game).

The tims had the same last year, and with us slipping up at Kilmarnock, that helped them stretch away from us. We need to keep in touching distance at the winter break for this to be in our favour.

People complain about our December fixture list, mention our side being knackered so surely one less game helps?

No, even with said game at home to an extremely shit St. Johnstone side.

Win football matches and it doesn't matter when we play. The bheggars only have an advantage if we slip up.

Back