Fiorentina fans message to Vlahovic

OohAhHuistra

Official Ticketer
Leaving to join Juventus. Suppose the Italian fans aren’t best known for their understanding.

Fiorentina fans are just a bit mental in general, I'm sure they tired to give the players (including Brian Laudrup) a kicking in the car park after they were relegated in 1993.

No real difference to people calling Gerrard a rat etc. Us football fans tend to get upset at these types of things.
I kept Gerrard out it so we didn’t get the usual replies of him being a rat :)) I don’t think he is he came done his job which we’re all thankful and left timing could’ve been better but jobs aren’t always available & Gio will be the same in 12/18 months if he’s doing a good job and chance of EPL arrives

Mind speaking to Fiorentina fans before UEFA semi final, and they said the games v Juve were always a stab fest on both sides. Said if you travelled to Turin wearing the Viola, you'd be getting stabbed. Mental.

There's historic bad blood between Fiorentina and Juve - can't remember why but I recall this from Gazzetta Football Italia days!
I believe Florence is reputedly the only city in Italy that doesn't have a Juventus supporters club.

The transfer of the Divine Ponytail and the Uefa Cup final back in 1990, set the standard for the hatred,

There's historic bad blood between Fiorentina and Juve - can't remember why but I recall this from Gazzetta Football Italia days!
Juve bought several of Fiorentina's top players down the years basically. Add to that the normal hatred for Juve across Italy :)

Can't find it, but convinced that was the stat I read years ago. Milan and Inter combined would have a lot more than Juventus in Milan, but the stat was more Juve fans than both separately, so said the article.

Turin is analogous to Manchester; Torino are like City, Juventus like Utd. Man Utd are probably the most popular team in the vast majority of cities outside Manchester, but maybe closest example could be Leeds for somewhere that the hatred is so strong the local teams wins out, as what it is in Florence.

Can't find it, but convinced that was the stat I read years ago. Milan and Inter combined would have a lot more than Juventus in Milan, but the stat was more Juve fans than both separately, so said the article.

Turin is analogous to Manchester; Torino are like City, Juventus like Utd. Man Utd are probably the most popular team in the vast majority of cities outside Manchester, but maybe closest example could be Leeds for somewhere that the hatred is so strong the local teams wins out, as what it is in Florence.
Yes, I remember reading similar in the old Italian football fanzine "Rigore".
The article stated there was just as many Juventus fans in places like Milan and Naples as there is AC, Inter and Napoli fans.
As for the Fiorentina , the hatred for Juventus is apparently off the scale.

Back