Fiorentina penalties

Was lucky enough to be there. My phone was dead so only phone number i could use my mates phone to call was my dads house phone. I alresdy had tickets for manchester as got them in the ballot no matter who was in final
Me too. Very fortunate to be there. My best game ever following Rangers. Not sure anything will ever beat the feeling when Novo scored.

It was a great day too, sitting drinking with Fiorentina fans singing about Carlos Cuellar

Always amazes me the amount of things you forget , The amount of people at the game who remember nothing of it.

Watched it at home and ended up half cut as I had a few halves to settle my nerves. Nacho Novo outs that penalty away and I've broke down in tears and was on the phone to my auld man. Full grown man greeting down the phone to his Dad. That was the first time my (now) wife had seen me cry. I think then she realised who the true love of my life is.

My first reaction was to go onto eBay to buy a couple of tickets for the final from a German.

I wish I'd savoured the moment more rather than worry about tickets.

No highlights exist due to the whole game being on the cutting floor. Remember thinking Liverani for them looked decent, other than that it was sunny.

I just remember it being a really boring game and not really being surprised because we had a few like it that season playing for the 0-0. Was delighted at full time and confident of getting a result over there.

Bet no one every thought we'd be watching Christian Dailly playing for us in a European final

Genuinely remember nothing about the game other than it was daylight.

That, and both teams quite pleased with a 0-0 score line

Watched it with the Joburg Loyal,when the penalty went in, the raw emotion was tremendous.
Look across at my mate and a knowing nod it’s off to Manchester, some feeling.

Unbelievable memories of that full trip from starting offshore at work, to be given the opportunity to get in and fly to Milan at last minute, to hitch-hiking a ride from Milan - Florence.
To sneaking in away end with my home end ticket to the sheer ecstasy of the victory. The adrenaline actually crippled me about an hour and half after the game. Got back into the city centre and felt horrendous on the come down.

The only time I`ve cried to my auld man.. On the bloody phone which cost me a fortune to make that call as I let him soak up the atmosphere and signing over the phone for about 20 minutes ! :)

Best feeling ever. House was in absolute chaos. The subsequent rush to gather to troops and get everything booked for Manchester was mad aswell

What a night that was, seeing the wee man step up and knowing that we were in a European final was just the most incredible feeling.

I remember the LED advertising being used and it was bright as fuck!

I think it was the first time we’d used it at Ibrox that night?

Wasn't at the game and cannot remember a single thing about the game, away legs seem to be more memorable in the cup run due to great performances, backs against the wall a lot of the time.

Just watched that there doesnt matter how many times I see it still sends shivers down my spine.

I remember kirk broadfoot getting penalised for two foul throw ins. Idiot. Someone else must remember that??

Still makes me emotional,ended up watching the game with my mum and she was jumping about the house like a loony as much as i was when Nacho’s penalty went in

Watched it with my dad in the house. What a feeling. Knew for some reason that their left footer was putting it the way he was before Alexander saved it. Same with Christie the other week when McGregor saved.

Never been more nervous than when Vieri missed.

Remember the Metro the day after had front and back pages dedicated to Novo

A night I will never forget. Going in to work the next day and all the bears giving each other hugs.

Was watching the game in the local supporters club. I think the reactions of the final penalty going in is one of my favourite memories

'We're in a European Final' said about 1000 times that night. What an amazing, unbelievable, emotional night.

Watched it in the house with my dad. Just remember feeling really emotional when the penalty went in and then the mad panic hit about trying to get tickets. Also remember having a permanent grin on my face for days. Just wish Walter had went for it in the final.

I'm still raging at Cousin getting himself sent off, I felt he could have been the difference up front in the final.

Can't bring myself to scroll past the penalties when they are posted on twitter. Great commentary too.

Back