Fireworks set off outside Rangers hotel

Sebrof61

Official Ticketer
Was told last night by some friends who support PSV that the Willem11 ultras were planning to let fireworks off outside the Pullman hotel where rangers are staying ,
Just gone 3am here in Eindhoven and we have been wakened-by a 8 minute burst of fireworks

I would assume that this is the norm for most away teams in Europe, I don’t agree with it but it happens more often that not I would imagine.

You would imagine we do some light training this morning and then get a sleep in the afternoon anyway.

Last edited:
Natural human sleeping rhythms are actually at their best with two four-hour bouts of sleep on either side of about half an hour of being awake in the middle of the night, rather than just sleeping eight or so hours straight through - historically almost all human cultures did this until about the 1800s. So a wee bit of wakefulness around 3am probably helped the players have a better night’s sleep overall, thank you Dutch ultras, very thoughtful :cool:

Natural human sleeping rhythms are actually at their best with two four-hour bouts of sleep on either side of about half an hour of being awake in the middle of the night, rather than just sleeping eight or so hours straight through - historically almost all human cultures did this until about the 1800s. So a wee bit of wakefulness around 3am probably helped the players have a better night’s sleep overall, thank you Dutch ultras, very thoughtful :cool:

Only found that interesting fact out recently when I read “The Second Sleep” by Robert Harris. Not his best btw.

Definitely got them worried then. Without wishing to be too negative though, if we suffer an early exit tonight, it would allow us to concentrate solely on the League. Personally, I would far prefer to stop the Bheggars desperate attempt at their tainted holy grail than to win the Europa this year. Tin hat on.

Definitely got them worried then. Without wishing to be too negative though, if we suffer an early exit tonight, it would allow us to concentrate solely on the League. Personally, I would far prefer to stop the Bheggars desperate attempt at their tainted holy grail than to win the Europa this year. Tin hat on.
Financially EL is very, very important to us, especially in the current climate.

So we stopped it in the 1800's?

Makes sense :oops:

when at work i sleep 4 x 2-3 hour windows a day but when I'm home I go into a 6-7 hr sleep pattern ,have done this for 35 yrs im sure our players will be fine

Financially EL is very, very important to us, especially in the current climate.
Yes, true. Maybe my judgement is getting a wee bit clouded, but I blame this on the sustained bombardment we are currently enduring from all angles - referees, media, SPFL, etc etc. Siege mentality starting to take over!

Just for Facebook really and to impress their Antwerp pals.
Hoping it goes on an ultra page on Instagram, bit like the Green Brigade.

“Declan...Sean...Aidan...I’m taking a pic, look edgy and mean and make sure you get the Stone Island badges on show”

Was told last night by some friends who support PSV that the Willem11 ultras were planning to let fireworks off outside the Pullman hotel where Rangers are staying ,
Just gone 3am here in Eindhoven and we have been wakened-by a 8 minute burst of fireworks
Old school shenanigans

Haha. A classic.

Doing all they can to help their team out. Don't have a problem with it personally.

This is a regular thing now before European games aswell. I'm sure we'll have been prepared.

Pair of thick earplugs out of Boots. Sorted.

Was told last night by some friends who support PSV that the Willem11 ultras were planning to let fireworks off outside the Pullman hotel where Rangers are staying ,
Oh dear that’s terrible news,

722Q5K6.gif

Back