Firms fined for fixing prices fans pay for Rangers FC merchandise

It isn't a good look for the club.
However, that look is itself a matter for the support rather than others outside of the support.
If there be victims, it be us.

That said, the mechanism for this 'fixing' might itself be rather unsensational.
Was it evidenced by an agreement across emails where a more naughty actor made a proposal naively accepted by others?
Or was it more sinister, with meetings in a darkened room across a table covered in filthy lucre?

I don't know the details, but to my knowledge, such things occur in business and are not always brought to account.
The world continues to turn.
Ho hum.

"Football shirt retailers have fallen foul of the OFT previously. They were fined millions for price fixing after Sports Direct boss Mike Ashley, the owner of Newcastle United FC, pointed the finger at his rivals."

As much as I am annoyed about the club being involved in ripping fans off, how stupid are they to even think of doing this given our disastrous retail experiences. They should have known Ashley has previous for this and I'd be very surprised if he hasn't been at his work again here.

It is clear that the board would happily turn the supporters upside down and shake their last penny out of their pocket - this news today is hardly surprising when you see the way the club has acted the last few years… you maybe wouldn’t mind it as much if they were actually providing a decent service back but they don’t.

I am very unhappy with the performances in the last month but less worried about something that happened in 2018.
I've no side in this, but to be honest, I'm sick of reading this crap every day on here.

Unless you can come up with names of who you want taking over the club, put a sock in it.
So we just put up with it, why is crap?
Spoke to someone the other day that has 3 Bar72 tickets and takes out hospitality at the Cooper suite.
He is happy as he feels they are being took for granted.
Pretty penny getting put into the club.
Lets forget it because i cant come up with a name to buy it.

I am part of the problem that the club raised the price of replica kits by a fiver?

To be honest with you reading the article it is something I do not care about. Doesn't seem that big a deal for me. If that makes me part of the problem you speak of I genuinely could not care less.
The board have signed off on activly over charging the fans, they have made a decision that has seen them damage the brand, land up in court and been found guilty or accepted guilt resulting in fines that the club / business that the club will have to pay.

In most other businesses that would find senior people in hot water.

Your part in this problem is not giving a shit about this and accepting they can take the piss out the fans with no consequences??

Unlike you I care about how our board functions, how they view me, the fans and even you.

It is important to me that they behave in a way that is fitting with the ownership of the club and respect all the fans for the liveblood of the club they are and not just a customer that you can screw over.

My issue is not with the "fiver", it is with the view and respect they have for us.

So we never profited from any of this? To what end did we do it, what were we trying to achieve if not money? I'm trying my best to look at this objectively and we must have had our reasons for doing it. I would wager the dispute with Ashley is involved somewhere in it.

So we never profited from any of this? To what end did we do it, what were we trying to achieve if not money? I'm trying my best to look at this objectively and we must have had our reasons for doing it. I would wager the dispute with Ashley is involved somewhere in it.

We might not have got more money from JD sports but if they were selling for less then they would have got more sales than Elite.

So maybe it would have cost us money?

This is really bad look the fine is next to nothing but again the board is ripping the piss out of the support

Goes back to KIng v Ashley. Nothing wrong with fixing a retail price if it stops the like of Ashley for dumping goods at a low price to undercut others.
KIng appeared to have a problem with Ashley which had nothing to do with the current board and we lost cash in court fees etc because of it.
Football merchandise has a retail cost way to high but it is the same with all clubs and even higher for some in England.
As long as fans are prepared to buy it will not become cheaper.
If you run a business you buy low and sell high.
Problem with buying low is lack of quality but again if fans buy it wont change.
I spend thousands each year in hospitality which is way too high but in return I get a good box and top quality food so continue to pay up. I never buy merchandise but lets face it at age 80 I would like real silly in a Rangers top.
Might be luck but since King left things are slightly more stable but the club will always go for maximum profit which is the job of directors of any company.

Goes back to KIng v Ashley. Nothing wrong with fixing a retail price if it stops the like of Ashley for dumping goods at a low price to undercut others.
KIng appeared to have a problem with Ashley which had nothing to do with the current board and we lost cash in court fees etc because of it.
Football merchandise has a retail cost way to high but it is the same with all clubs and even higher for some in England.
Problem with buying low is lack of quality but again if fans buy it wont change.
I spend thousands each year in hospitality which is way too high but in return I get a good box and top quality food so continue to pay up. I never buy merchandise but lets face it at age 80 I would like real silly in a Rangers top.
Might be luck but since King left things are slightly more stable but the club will always go for maximum profit which is the job of directors of any company.
It has absolutely nothing to do with King v Ashley.

Theres no doubt that the board have been successful in their OWN field of work.
But its came to pass they cannot run a football club.
The fan boys and friends of the board on FF need to wake up.
They might be fans,but they are business men and not football people. It's annoying that you would think they would at least have two seperate budgets in place one for building and maintenance and the other for the football team and to think 11 million has been thrown at Ed.House when the stadium is in need of an upgrade seems short sighted.

They might be fans,but they are business men and not football people. It's annoying that you would think they would at least have two seperate budgets in place one for building and maintenance and the other for the football team and to think 11 million has been thrown at Ed.House when the stadium is in need of an upgrade seems short sighted.
Its like stepping back to the 80s in the toilets .
There should be a rolling programme to refurbish so many every close season.
For example , a stand per annum.

This case suggests otherwise.

There clearly is levels of liability across the 3 parties involved but even if the club wasn’t directly involved but knew this was happening, i still have a major issue with that. If the board didn’t have sight of this and it was someone at a lower level within the commercial department, I expect heads to roll. At face value at the very least, this is unacceptable and shouldn’t stop at answering to the courts. The fans deserve and explanation.

Edited to,add: it may well be that the club played no part on this but have been fined for lack of corporate governance, I don’t know but they need to tell us.
This was one of my questions.
One of those “responsible for but not to blame” examples I alluded to.

There clearly is levels of liability across the 3 parties involved but even if the club wasn’t directly involved but knew this was happening, i still have a major issue with that. If the board didn’t have sight of this and it was someone at a lower level within the commercial department, I expect heads to roll. At face value at the very least, this is unacceptable and shouldn’t stop at answering to the courts. The fans deserve and explanation.

Edited to,add: it may well be that the club played no part on this but have been fined for lack of corporate governance, I don’t know but they need to tell us.
I agree with every word here.
It’d appear though, that if you don’t want the board shot, you’re a boot-licker and ass-wiper.
With this board, you’re only allowed to question if it’s to put the boot in.

I agree with every word here.
It’d appear though, that if you don’t want the board shot, you’re a boot-licker and ass-wiper.
With this board, you’re only allowed to question if it’s to put the boot in.
Agreed mate, the blood lust against the current board is over the top, I’m still in the place I’m still with the current board, only just but they need to read the room and start taking serious action in repairing relationships now. My minI synopsis was intended to provide some balance and wait for clarification.

Back