Firpark memories

First time was a 2-2 draw in 17/18. Was at an 18th the night before and ended up a party till 5/6AM, home a couple of hours kip.

Left at 9:45 walked to the shop, bevy purchased then walked to the the other shop we were getting picked up from just after 10.

Good day out, result aside but was good to come from 2-0 down to draw 2-2. Was sitting beside the bus driver at the game and these two other fellas were in our seats, admitted they had somehow gotten in. We just let them stand with us, they left at 2-0 which was amusing.

After the game went back to an old service club of some sorts where I swear they still had lassies on beer cans. Bus home was a good laugh, had tickets for a gig that night but ended up at another party and didn’t go.

Look at the team playing and he see how far we have come!.

The day Jock Wallace came back to Scotland as Motherwell manager. Opening day, absolutely massive crowd, and he finally got the reception he would have got in 1978 if we knew he was going to leave. Genuine love to him and back from him. Spine tingling.

Unfortunately his team came back from 2 down to get a draw with us!

Waiting outside the main stand before a game against them in the very early eighties and Davie Cooper comes walking up the street holding a pair of Adidas boots in his hand and goes through the main doors. Think he lived off Airbles Road at the time. It blew my 12 year old mind.

First time I went to Fir Park was maybe ‘83 or ‘84 - we won 3-0 I think - and my mate and I (who were about 14 at the time) got stopped near the ground by a bunch of fannies with golf brolleys and deerstalker hats - my first ever encounter with the casuals.

They promptly ran off when a big horde of Bears came around the corner.

Sadly I don’t have many good memories of fir park despite seeing us win there countless times

A few scars in recent history I can’t seem to shake

Paul le guens first game in charge. We played fantastic football and only won 2-1. But that game gave so much optimism to what we thought would be better days. Didn't really work out did it?

Comfortable 3-0 for the Bears, Super doing what he did well. Nothing overly remarkable about the game, just always enjoy the older footage

I remember being at a game at Fir Park in the 70's, where in the second half the fog was like pea soup and the Bears were chanting 'we can't see. we can't see'

Waiting outside the main stand before a game against them in the very early eighties and Davie Cooper comes walking up the street holding a pair of Adidas boots in his hand and goes through the main doors. Think he lived off Airbles Road at the time. It blew my 12 year old mind.
Brogan Crescent just off Ladywell Road.Number 41 if I remember correctly.Iain Ferguson stayed on Hamilton Road across from the traction house

Grew up around the corner, and as a kid joined the claret and amber club purely to get cheap tickets for the 2 Rangers games, much to the annoyance of my Motherwell supporting mates.

Their fans have never had much love for either us or Them, but their dislike for us in particular has been taken to a whole new level in recent years.

Favourite moment? How about Graham Roberts thunderbolt that unfortunately wasn't captured by TV cameras.

Playing Gretna midweek there

Weiss scoring a class mazy run goal and it being fucking freezing

Drawing 1-1 in the uefa cup final season basically meaning losing the league

Growing up and living in Hamilton a couple of times as an adult, going to Fir Park was always a trip to look forward to for me and my mates.

Think I was at all the games mentioned previously, definitely the 'invasion' game, the foggy game, Big Jock's return and too many others to mention.

Used to love going to the Dalziel Bowling Club pre- match and Fir Park Club at full time.

Would have to say I wouldn't give Motherwell a penny of my hard earned dough now though.

I mind getting lifted as a teenager there, we beat them 4-2, Gary Stevens scored a couple.

Motherwell had equalised and I think Mo Johnston had scored right from kick off again, we were right next to the Well fans and we were going fuckin ballistic at them, next thing a big long arm from a copper grabs me and huckled me away, parents were absolutely mortified and had to come to the stadium and get me, clip round the ear and eventually let go.

I was a legend in school though for getting ‘arrested’ at the fitba. :p

Standing freezing cold in middle of May watching us toss away the 2008 league after the UEFA Cup Final

Absolute silence at train station after.

Dreadful

* Team was knackered, I know.

Last edited:
Morelos getting sent off for celebrating scoring a goal.

Three times I’ve seen that for our players in recent years. Can’t recall seeing it anywhere else:rolleyes:

Growing up and living in Hamilton a couple of times as an adult, going to Fir Park was always a trip to look forward to for me and my mates.

Think I was at all the games mentioned previously, definitely the 'invasion' game, the foggy game, Big Jock's return and too many others to mention.

Used to love going to the Dalziel Bowling Club pre- match and Fir Park Club at full time.

Would have to say I wouldn't give Motherwell a penny of my hard earned dough now though.
If you're as old as me you will remember the original For Park Club being in the enclosure under the main stand

I was a regular in both! The Fir Park club seemed to have more Rangers supportering members than Motherwell.

Worked in the United Services, it was always rammed when Rangers were at Fir Park. I remember serving Andy Fordham and Gordon Smith before games. Boss used to let me away at 2:45 to get to the game.

I remember in the 70s,we were 2 down,then the pitch invasion,we went on to run riot after that.
My first away game, my Uncle was a Motherwell fan and took me along . Would have made it onto the pitch if he didn't grab the strap on the top of my snorkel hood

October 1969. Motherwell had just been promoted and Colin Stein scored two goals but we drew 2-2 in a season we had started poorly. We then went on an unbeaten run for about 5 months before losing 3 away games against minnows and handing them the title.

In the late 60's and up to the mid 80's I remember Fir Park wasn't segregated and there would be a wee pocket of Motherwell fans next to the half-way line and a few kids behind both goals, some old guys in the stand and the rest of the ground a seething mass of red, white and blue.

The day Jock Wallace came back to Scotland as Motherwell manager. Opening day, absolutely massive crowd, and he finally got the reception he would have got in 1978 if we knew he was going to leave. Genuine love to him and back from him. Spine tingling.

Unfortunately his team came back from 2 down to get a draw with us!
I lived beside Mr Wallace when he moved to Motherwell. Gentleman. Asked me one day where I was going. I replied Ibrox. He says 'Quite right son, quite right'. Proper Rangers man.

Fir park used to be a great trip, big Rangers support & Motherwell had some decent teams and could give us a game there..
Lots of good memories but a few bad one's as well.
The 3-0 defeat in Jan 83, on the back of a 2-1 defeat by them at Ibrox, was a horrible time in the early 80's, IIRC Mr Wallace was Motherwell manager that day.

I remember a game,,,1975 I think The season we won the league for the first time in 9 years .We were going great and the place was packed to the gunnels.I was behind the goal and saw some of our fans climbing onto the roof of the shed facing the main stand. They started jumping during a song and 2 of them crashed through the roof on to the Gers support below. I think they were uninjured due to the landing on people. Mad days but you could enjoy games then.

I was a regular in both! The Fir Park club seemed to have more Rangers supportering members than Motherwell.

Worked in the United Services, it was always rammed when Rangers were at Fir Park. I remember serving Andy Fordham and Gordon Smith before games. Boss used to let me away at 2:45 to get to the game.

Have been to the United Services Burns Supper a good few times, great night !

If you're as old as me you will remember the original For Park Club being in the enclosure under the main stand

I was never in it then, but I do remember M'well not being happy about the number of Bears who went there and then left to go on busses to Ibrox, ending up with the Fir Park Club moving to the premises across the road.

Back