First among equals

Woodrow Call

The Laurie Cunningham story. Missed half of it but Christ I'm getting old. First saw him in the Tennants cup at Ibrox. My old father in law was a St Mirren man so I sat through two games each day. Us, West Brom, St Mirren but I'm phucked if I can remember who made up the 4. Wee shorts were in fashion and Regis and Lawrie had the biggest thighs I'd ever seen.

My first sight of Coop cleanly shaved in a blue jersey though I'd seen him the previous season with a tache playing for the bankies.

The Laurie Cunningham story. Missed half of it but Christ I'm getting old. First saw him in the Tennants cup at Ibrox. My old father in law was a St Mirren man so I sat through two games each day. Us, West Brom, St Mirren but I'm phucked if I can remember who made up the 4. Wee shorts were in fashion and Regis and Lawrie had the biggest thighs I'd ever seen.

My first sight of Coop cleanly shaved in a blue jersey though I'd seen him the previous season with a tache playing for the bankies.
Was it Southampton? Memories of a long range Bobby Russell goal against them, although it might have been 1978 when I think about it.

I was there also.
Loved the wee pre season tournament's at Ibrox.
Pretty sure West Brom and Southampton played at a couple of these tournaments.

It was also Southampton we played them on the Saturday then we played West Brom on the Sunday ,They looked a cracking team in shitey strips

Yes sad story Laurie Cunningham. Bad luck with injuries, as well as a tragic death. Many forget he won the FA Cup with Wimbledon in 1988.

Back