First away game

St Johnstone was my first away.
Must have been 97 as Laudrup was playing.
Sat in the home end, soon gave myself and my old man away.

Mine was mid 70s away to Morton. I think we were staying on on holiday as long the road at the caravan park in wemyss bay . 1 _1 as I remember Andy Ritchie scored for Morton. Free kick. Not sure rangers scorer.

Kilmarnock away at the start of the 2009/10 season. 0-0 draw and Mendes im sure got sent off.

Did we not draw three games 0-0 in a row then? Also, was that maybe the day Gary Speed died? I'm sure we were at Rugby Park when that news came through. Although we seem to play at Rugby Park every other week so probably getting mixed up.

Hibs, 9th August 1986. I was 7 years of age and will never forget this particular afternoon, the start of a revolution (barring the result that day of course)

Keith at Pittodrie where we won 10-1.
2nd away game was also Pittodrie later that year where we won 3-0. Remember vividly Robertson scored first & Laudrup got the 3rd, but can't remember the 2nd goal whatsoever or who scored it.

Did we not draw three games 0-0 in a row then? Also, was that maybe the day Gary Speed died? I'm sure we were at Rugby Park when that news came through. Although we seem to play at Rugby Park every other week so probably getting mixed up.
Yep three games in a row, Novo came closest to scoring with a cross/shot that grazed the post.

Imagine that now, 3 draws in a row.

I know that team gets rightly lauded for winning leagues but those two years provided some turgid crap, especially with Celtic being rotten.

Last edited:
Livingston 1 - 0 Rangers, early in Gerrards first season. Linesman got hit with a coil. Very poor game.

Tannadice Oct 86, 0-0 draw on a cold Wednesday night. The old away terraces were dodgy to get out of, I mind thinking the fence at the back would give way and we'd all end up in the allotments at the foot of the hill.
The game after we won League Cup v C*****c? Remember Utd fans throwing fireworks into our fans?

Not that I remember anything about it as I was 2 years old, but my first ever Rangers game was actually away to Aberdeen at Pittodrie in 1968.

My gran had moved up there and I’m told we were all visiting and I was taken along to the game with my dad, uncles and cousin.

Started going on the Rutherglen Viking Rangers supporters bus shortly after this.

Have never lost my love for Rangers since that first game.

10th birthday 15th Feb 2000.
McDiarmid Park v St Johnstone.
Back row of the stand. Freezing.
Vidmar curled in a cracker.
Ginger fud Nathan Lowndes equalised in the 90th minute :( .

Saturday 14th September 1963 away to Patrick Thistle. 3-0 Jim Forrest hat-trick. Old git loyal.

Clyde 2 v 2 Rangers in the Scottish Cup 1979/80 at Shawfield.

We were losing 2-1 and down to 10 men late on.

The game after we won League Cup v C*****c? Remember Utd fans throwing fireworks into our fans?
I think you're right, though I only have a vauge recollection of the fireworks. Right time of year though.
Was just after the LCF though indeed.
Strangely enough my first game at Ibrox a couple of years earlier, was also the first game after the LCF vs them. It was a 0-0 too (Hearts).

I think you're right, though I only have a vauge recollection of the fireworks. Right time of year though.
Was just after the LCF though indeed.
Strangely enough my first game at Ibrox a couple of years earlier, was also the first game after the LCF vs them. It was a 0-0 too (Hearts).
So you're a jinx LOL. Joking mate, all the best

My first was the day we won the league in the jungle. Got a mates ticket when he was unwell.

Since then only away game has been the Pompey pre-season game.

Two great days with hoarse voices by full time :))

Last day of the season at Killie when both Ian Durrant and Ally made comeback apperances if i mind correctly .I think it was the year Ally broke his leg with the scotland team .
Nearly got a tanking on the boat coming home as it was full of scum .
Party of ballymena woman in Ayr to shop for the day made it worse giving the mutants dogs abuse :))
Very pleased to see dry land in Larne

Ayr Utd ,77/78, just short of my 8th birthday on the Glenrothes bus with my late father ,John Greig had a great save.

Back