First changes new manager will make?

I’d expect to see Kamara back in the starting 11 and more like his old self.

And hopefully finally a realisation from everyone at the club that we can’t afford to sign any more players with even a whiff of an injury problem in their past.

I agree with a post above, free up Kent to play around the front line, and also get Tavernier creating chances again. Kamara back in the side as well; hopefully he plays for a manager who believes in what he is capable of. More fluency in attack, more off the ball movement; bring back the aesthetics that made us a nice team to watch again.

First thing will be to address our overall fitness issues with an intense mini pre season.

After that it will be to alter Kent’s role to get him back to his best and not the player hugely struggling with confidence we have seen lately.

Then it will be to speak to the scouting department and talk about the spine of the team, a Goalie, centre half and centre mid must be absolutely critical in January if any are available at a price we can afford.

Really. What was Lundstram and Kamara doing v St Mirren then?

One of them was playing as the "8". Cant remember which, think it was maybe Kamara.

We have only been playing with one midfield pivot in pretty much every game since Gio came in.

It's was part of the problem as it was square pegs in round holes rather than play something the suits the players available.

If its Beale he may well go tried and trusted.

Certainly until Summer Break.

McGregor will retain his place

As will Borna - who has been probably our most consistent performer across the season so far.
I think he’s been consistently poor

Fitness needs to be better. More shooting from distance, rather than multiple passes in the box.

First thing I’d do is put my arm around Ryan Kent, tell him to forget the past, give him a free role, and tell him to play with a smile on his face again (well, metaphorically at least, due to him being a goth).

I’d also tell him that he’s crucial to our team and encourage him to sign a new deal.

And then I’d sell Alfredo Morelos in January for whoever is stupid enough to take him.
Once chance too many for that player.
He shouldn't waste any time on Kent. He needs to go.

Best thing he can do is find out what money he has and start scouting / shopping around for January

First thing I’d do is put my arm around Ryan Kent, tell him to forget the past, give him a free role, and tell him to play with a smile on his face again (well, metaphorically at least, due to him being a goth).

I’d also tell him that he’s crucial to our team and encourage him to sign a new deal.

And then I’d sell Alfredo Morelos in January for whoever is stupid enough to take him.
Kent, Kamara and Morelos only have eyes for the exit at the end of the season.

Their time at the club is up along with a few others. We need a fresh start.

And come match day can't run the length of themselves cause of it.
It’s not exactly a secret that the players regularly ran a 10k under the previous regime. The running was curtailed by Gio who opted for a more technical training schedule, that’s not a secret either various players have said as much.

They clearly could run the length of themselves come match day given we went to the well, twice, in 4 days playing 120 minutes of football.

I guess you know better than the coaches though.

Start with the basics, work on fitness, set piece routines, particularly corners and defending set pieces

He needs to be decisive, ruthless, unsentimental and demonstrate that what players have done in the past counts for nothing.

Morelos binned in January.
Don’t be surprised if the old new manager bounce happens and Morelos starts firing again.

I’m sure all players will be given a clean slate.

If its Beale he may well go tried and trusted.

Certainly until Summer Break.

McGregor will retain his place

As will Borna - who has been probably our most consistent performer across the season so far.
Exactly - I don’t understand this narrative that Borna is poor. He’s been our best player this season

I agree with a post above, free up Kent to play around the front line, and also get Tavernier creating chances again. Kamara back in the side as well; hopefully he plays for a manager who believes in what he is capable of. More fluency in attack, more off the ball movement; bring back the aesthetics that made us a nice team to watch again.
Hopefully he plays for a manager he believes in?

So therefore he is allowed to pick and chose?

Generally always disappoints when a new manager comes in and you expect four or five changes. I expect to be disappointed again as we go with the same players assuming not injured or suspended.

I would prefer Yilmaz. He isn’t in the Borna mold that stands on the touchline and moves up and down the line. He is prepared to go into the middle and make things happen.

Totally agree with this.

I dont get this Ridvan love in.

We keep hearing how unsettled he is and wants back to Turkey.

I would rather hear how committed he is and how much he wants to fight for a place.

20 good minutes against Dundee isn't what I would build my impression of him on

Ridvan wants away, our current left back is at the world cup.

What we need the new manager to do is get fitness levels tonan acceptable level. Get those basics right and build from there

When fitness levels are acceptable , then decide what changes in playing staff need made

I dont get this Ridvan love in.

We keep hearing how unsettled he is and wants back to Turkey.

I would rather hear how committed he is and how much he wants to fight for a place.

20 good minutes against Dundee isn't what I would build my impression of him on

Ridvan wants away, our current left back is at the world cup.

What we need the new manager to do is get fitness levels tonan acceptable level. Get those basics right and build from there

When fitness levels are acceptable , then decide what changes in playing staff need made
Don't think it's a 'love in' exactly. However, when he has been in the pitch, it is the best we have moved the ball all season.

Don’t be surprised if the old new manager bounce happens and Morelos starts firing again.

I’m sure all players will be given a clean slate.
He's as much pur player now as Aaron Ramsey was 12 months ago.

I don't want to see.is persevere with Morelos and rebuilding his fitness for some other club to get the benefit.

He's had his chances and blown it.

Hopefully he plays for a manager he believes in?

So therefore he is allowed to pick and chose?
I’m of the same believe as you. I can understand building a team around a player of the caliber of Gaza/Laudrup but he couldn’t even lace they guys boots. The new manager needs to sort this out pronto.

A returns to 2 10's as opposed to wingers as others have said.

Interested to see how Beale will take to players that arrived after his departure. I can see Tillman and (eventually) Lawrence being favourites in those 10 roles alongside the likes of Kent and Hagi.

Matondo is an interesting one. Does he have the attributes to play a little more central or will he be an early casualty of the change in management?

One player I think Beale will like is Sands. With the 4-3-3 formation, in terms of the middle 3, we'll have 1 sitting slightly deeper and even picking up the ball in-between the 2 centre backs (Lundstram) and the other 2 leading the press. I'm expecting to see Kamara back in the 1st team in this role and I think Sands' has the required attributes to perform there too.

Kents been much better in recent weeks and was excellent in the Gerrard/Beale system before. The new manager would be stupid not to try and get Kent back to his best and in a role that suits him.
Hes had enough time.

Persevering with him for so long has already cost us.

We need someone playing there who can score and assist.

He's as much pur player now as Aaron Ramsey was 12 months ago.

I don't want to see.is persevere with Morelos and rebuilding his fitness for some other club to get the benefit.

He's had his chances and blown it.
That’s not how it works though is it?

It wouldn’t be the first time that a player who looked on the way out clicks with a new manager.

Hes had enough time.

Persevering with him for so long has already cost us.

We need someone playing there who can score and assist.
It hasn’t cost us at all. Nobody can come into the team and offer what he does even when he’s playing poorly. He’ll need to play until his future is sorted and I think under Beale he’ll get his form and confidence back.

That’s not how it works though is it?

It wouldn’t be the first time that a player who looked on the way out clicks with a new manager.
He's free to leave in May/June, so he has as much value to us now as a January loan signing.

And that's why we shouldn't invest anymore time and energy into getting him back up to speed.

I'm sick of Morelos and his regular periods of unprofessionalism. I've been one of his biggest fans but enough is enough. We needed him this season and he's not even bothered to get himself fit.

He needs to go. And preferably on 1st Jan.

He's free to leave in May/June, so he has as much value to us now as a January loan signing.

And that's why we shouldn't invest anymore time and energy into getting him back up to speed.

I'm sick of Morelos and his regular periods of unprofessionalism. I've been one of his biggest fans but enough is enough. We needed him this season and he's not even bothered to get himself fit.

He needs to go. And preferably on 1st Jan.
And he may well leave in January, but there’s always a chance he’ll get right back to being invaluable to the team and sign a new deal, no matter how pissed off you or anyone else is with him.

I’m not sticking up for him. this is just the way it works.

Also it’s the new manager’s job to get the most from every player at his disposal. He wouldn’t be doing his job properly if he didn’t. It’s also a load of wages poured down the drain.

If he moves in January, fine. If he doesn’t he’ll be as much a part of things as anyone else.

Improve the fitness , be more direct when in possession and then take whatever money we can get for Kent Morelos Kamara and Roofe and use the funds and wages saved to buy quality replacements although with Wilson in charge of that is a worry

Wouldn't surprise me if he drops colak for morelos

That would be an incredibly brave move as he will no doubt be back like a bag of shite and hasn’t had a good game for almost 12 months.

We will see what happens with several players Morelos, Kent and Kamara being the major ones.

If it is Beale I wonder if he'll try to bring back some of the coaching staff that SG took to Villa and are now out of a job eg Culshaw, McAllister

Sort out set pieces and fitness would go a long way.
Scottish football is not that hard so that would probably be enough until he can overhaul the squad in the summer

Most noticeable will be formation and set up. I seem to remember under Gerrard they made a big deal about simplifying the game for players so I could also imagine we could see that, less instructions but attempting a more effective style.

I don't think we will see widespread changes in the starting 11. Nor do I think we will get a clear out in Summer. A good manager in anything will look to do better with what they have before asking for sweeping changes. Instead his aim will be to improve what we have and get a tune out of players. Could see him putting an arm around Kent, offering to work with him (in exchange for a new deal). Morelos I'd be surprised if he's kept, feels like that's over.

Back