First Encounter With Their Obsession.

I often read with some amusement, and sometimes taken with a little salt, of fellow Bears experiences with the obsession their Celtic counterparts have with our great club. Some of it just seemed too far fetched to be true. But today I had my first encounter with an obsessed mentally challenged.

I go to pick up the wee man from school every day and usually there is another dad there who I sometimes pass the time with. I know he is Celtic fan as he often wears their strip (even though he must be late'30's early '40's)
Today was no different as he had the full black Magners kit, obviously brand new.
We seldom talk football. He knows my leanings as I wear an RSEA badge on my jacket. He seem to be quite a decent enough, erudite guy.

But today we had this conversation.

He. "Did you hear the draw for the next Europa League after the next round"
Me. "No I didn't" (Genuinely forgot the draw was today).
He. "You have drawn Galatasary. That's a sore one"
Me. "Bugger. I would love to go to that game. They are a good team and their fans are every bit as passionate as any we have here. It will be a good game".
He. "I think you will struggle to beat them if you get past the Dutch team"
Me. "Ach, We'll see. We seem to do well in this competirion. But it will be a good game. Who did Celtic draw?"
He. "I don't know"

He really looked puzzled when I started laughing.
I have had this type of conversation many times, one tim guy in the pub after the two of us played at the same time last season, could name our goalscorers but couldn't name his own teams scorers
One of them this morning on my way to the office said to me, '' how many clubs is in for Morelos now'', I said I don't know you tell tell me? his reply was '' 34 as it's in the Record this morning '', I laughed and walked on, I wouldn't recognise half their team if they walked by me in the street

Last edited:
They are a mental bunch

I remember a couple of years back when we played Spartak Moscow away from home, I was offshore at the time so went into the smoking rec room to watch the game. By the time me and a couple of mates got there their was already 2 of that lot sitting in the front row ready to watch the game.
They then proceed to comment on the game and all things Rangers.
I left the Rec room and went to my room to watch it as I couldn’t listen to their pish without kicking off.
After the game I went back down for a smoke and the filth game was on straight after ours, guess what, both of the filthy ones were gone, nowhere to be seen.
Unbelievable

Last edited:
How about this?

A guy at a barbecue showing me a photo of the back of Ryan Kent’s hair cut to prove something or other.(I had honestly stopped listening).

Or when they sing degoraty songs about our bus driver/ kit-man?

Used to work with a boy who was in his early twenties, started just as we were getting into the unsuccessful season of getting out the championship. Knew absolutely everything about results, who played etc despite being a "diehard Sellik man". After the Raith Rovers cup final he came into work that Monday night taking great delight in telling me it was one of the biggest cup upsets in Scottish Football history until I notified him that his hoops got bodied off the same Raith Rovers 20 years earlier.....he had to Google it to make sure I wasn't winding him up.

This went on pretty much every week until the Scottish Cup Semi Final in 2017, when he took a full week off after we beat them on penalties.

Utter roaster.

Last week, Asda Blantyre, (Jamshed wine £5.50 get on it) checkout and older woman operator says 'I don't wear a mask', I ask why not?, she says 'It's all rubbish'. I await her next riposte 'Nicola's doing a great job'. Really! I reply, tell me how? Nicola says you should wear a mask, so she must be talking rubbish She glares and says 'I know what you are'. I say with a degree of confidentiality, you are 100% correct in your assumption, I thought you'd have known just by looking. I could tell just by looking what you are. I then departed. If the guy with tge Rangers top is on here, I hope you enjoyed it as much as you appeared to.
Privately I was raging. It's getting worse.

I'll never forget when I walked into Universal Studios in Orlando, halfway across the globe and first thing I see is a family of 7 odd deformed mutants, all in personalised Selik home kits.

Had me closer to whiteying than any ride did that day.

A friend's daughter was only to keen to show off her new car to her pals. It's her pride and joy, royal blue with red upholstery.
After the first trip out in it to show it off, her mum asked her how they all liked it.
She told them they said it was a hun car and wouldn't get in it (they are all products of the apartheid schooling system). In fact, one of their mum's (an RC primary school headmistress) suggested it should be doused in holy water before any of them ever got in it.

And yet we are the bigots.

Was in silverburn for a bite to eat Thursday with the wife. Old geezer walks bye, looked at least 65-70... full strip on and I’m including the socks here!! A nearly chocked on my lunch laughing!

About 5 years ago I attended the funeral of my best friends Mother who I loved dearly, a great human being and someone who had treated me well growing up and being a friend of her son. We travelled four and a half hours from Lincolnshire to pay our respects. They were a Catholic family not devout but good people and not bigoted in any way. My wife and I went to the service in the chapel and the internment then back to the "reception" . We sat down for the purvey and we were seated beside her Son in law and daughter in law and a few others. Just making conversation about general stuff and memories of the deceased. We got small talking and about a book the sis in laws son had published about an old Celtic player. I feigned polite interest and the son in law brings up the fact that Im a Rangers supporter. His Mrs piped up " I didnt think there were any of them left" obviously alluding to admin. The conversation took a turn for the worse. Not on our part in hasten to add. . Remember this is at a funeral that we had travelled miles to attend to pay our respects. We kept our counsel finished our food and left. After a suitable interlude of a few weeks I told my mate what had happened and he was absolutely appalled. Folks Please dont come back with the standard "well that was your first mistake making friends with a Tim" . He was genuinely annoyed and spoke to his family. But I will tell you what as a 64 year old that experience made me more bitter against that lot than I ever was as a younger man.

You'll no be goin to any of their funerals when they pop it then.

Unless you like the purvey grub.

In my youth I had a lot of friends who were Celtic fans and used to play snooker in their Celtic Supporters club. One night there was an argument between several players about the scoring. I chipped in from the side and did the count up and said what the respective scores were. One old guy shouted “He’ll be right. He went to the Protestant school!” Nobody disputed my arithmetic.

Why do crash barriers put their kids into non denominational schools? Colour me baffled. These people endlessly protect their right to their bigot factories, then a number of them put their kids to the good schools. Strange.

I know what you mean -

But I used to have classmates in secondary school all from the same 3rd generation Italian RC family
Their father - who I used to talk to quite often - grew up in Fife & went to the nearest school rather than travel miles to the RC equivalent
When they moved to Glasgow he sent his eldest daughter to RC school (Charlotte street- I think) but was so appalled at the standards & set-up there he never sent any of his other kids to an RC school again.

The worst level of obsession I've encountered is a Tim in work (I know) went to Dave King's court case every day!!.
I'm sure he goes on FF.

surely picking kids up from school is the 3rd kit?

home kit - everyday use, court, job centre
away kit - funerals, weddings, slophouse visits
3rd kit - picking kids up from school (with nametag so they know who he is)
Brilliant. :)) :)) :)):))

Some of them wear the green and grey everywhere, I pick my boys up from school sometimes and there are a couple of fathers there in Celtic gear, one of them was a full kit wanker one day, it’s quite scummy to be honest.

I mind 10 years ago, my other half gave birth to our first boy, there was a mhank up in the maternity ward with his partner who had also given birth, he wore a (stained) Celtic top for 2 days straight, then on the 3rd day he changed it up a bit and wore an old Rep Of Ireland top.
When my daughter was born 16 years ago, I encountered similar. Missus was in for three days after giving birth and the mhank visiting his partner wore the same top for three days solid. I actually felt sorry for the son they had if his father was going to be teaching him about personal hygiene.

I'll never forget when I walked into Universal Studios in Orlando, halfway across the globe and first thing I see is a family of 7 odd deformed mutants, all in personalised Selik home kits.

I wonder if that’s the same mutants I seen at magic Kingdom years ago
It was about 7 off them right down to a kid in a buggie all wearing that horrendous bumble bee top

I wonder if that’s the same mutants I seen at magic Kingdom years ago
It was about 7 off them right down to a kid in a buggie all wearing that horrendous bumble bee top
I can better that! I was on holiday in Pas De La Casa a few years ago near Barcelona, on my third or fourth day I witnessed a whole family kitted out in full Cellic home strips- 4 kids, mum, dad, grandmother, grandad, 'uncle', another 'uncle' - all walking in a line on their way to the beach with Cellic towels, Cellic lilos, Cellic arm bands, Cellic hats, Cellic umbrellas, cellic windbreak, Cellic football, etc........ Everyone they walked past just stared at them and a fair few just burst out laughing. Feck knows how they all fitted in the one caravan!

Last edited:

Guy I went to school with posted photos on FB a few years ago of his trip to Disneyland. He was in full Celtic kit.

To the surprise of nobody, he is now a reporter for STV and is on screen a few nights a week.

Some of them wear the green and grey everywhere, I pick my boys up from school sometimes and there are a couple of fathers there in Celtic gear, one of them was a full kit wanker one day, it’s quite scummy to be honest.

I mind 10 years ago, my other half gave birth to our first boy, there was a mhank up in the maternity ward with his partner who had also given birth, he wore a (stained) Celtic top for 2 days straight, then on the 3rd day he changed it up a bit and wore an old Rep Of Ireland top.
Just scum. Perhaps he could have fuucked off to Ireland and let them pick up the tab.

Last edited:
I have had a life time of obsession from these half wits which usually ends with them all upset. Now i have retired i have nothing to do with them, and SNP voters coz its grief i can do without
Yes, I am moving to Glasgow in December, having spent 20 years in England, away from poets and nationalist scum. I am not looking forward to having to encounter them. It will take all of my effort to bite my tongue.

For me and probably many Bears it was post 2012 on twitter. Absolutely everything they wrote and all their avatars were about Rangers. Blogs and accounts dedicated 100% to talk about Rangers. I only post on here now but I’m sure they’re still the same.

Moving to England is what got me away from them. I do see a scum top very very occasionally (like a couple times a year), but they are still an irrelevance down here. They’re not even on the radar of the football fans down here, and that makes me happy.
Its how much that they want to be associated with such a depraved religion, their lack of awareness is bloody astonishing and nothing to brag about

Yes, I am moving to Glasgow in December, having spent 20 years in England, away from poets and nationalist scum. I am not looking forward to having to encounter them. It will take all of my effort to bite my tongue.
Just don't get involved mate. I have cut everyone out of my life that have no value to me or bring any happiness into my life, and they are all Tims

Me and my good lady went to Cancun when the mentally challengeds had that bumblebee strip. A fella and his bird get on the plane, and he's got it on, and had a monobrow!! That boy never took that top off during the fortnight. Unless he had a dozen of them, which I doubt, he wore the same one. Seen him swimming in the sea during the day with it on, then in the a la carte restaurant at night. Even my missus commented " he must be stinking". A different animal altogether. It's a need to let folk know you're a mentally challenged.

For me and probably many Bears it was post 2012 on twitter. Absolutely everything they wrote and all their avatars were about Rangers. Blogs and accounts dedicated 100% to talk about Rangers. I only post on here now but I’m sure they’re still the same.

I still go on facebook but only after booting off all the mentally challengeds and/or nationalist dickheads that I previously had as "friends".
Life is so much sweeter.

Me and my good lady went to Cancun when the mentally challengeds had that bumblebee strip. A fella and his bird get on the plane, and he's got it on, and had a monobrow!! That boy never took that top off during the fortnight. Unless he had a dozen of them, which I doubt, he wore the same one. Seen him swimming in the sea during the day with it on, then in the a la carte restaurant at night. Even my missus commented " he must be stinking". A different animal altogether. It's a need to let folk know you're a mentally challenged.
As my good lady would say...........he's a hospital job. He needs to get it amputated

Nope, and like you i am an Atheist

Iucky. I’ve got an uncle scum fan I always see at family things. His parting word are ALWAYS a snide Rangers remark. All I can really say is “as long as celtic keep getting pumped in Europe I’m happy”.

Used to work with a boy who was in his early twenties, started just as we were getting into the unsuccessful season of getting out the championship. Knew absolutely everything about results, who played etc despite being a "diehard Sellik man". After the Raith Rovers cup final he came into work that Monday night taking great delight in telling me it was one of the biggest cup upsets in Scottish Football history until I notified him that his hoops got bodied off the same Raith Rovers 20 years earlier.....he had to Google it to make sure I wasn't winding him up.

This went on pretty much every week until the Scottish Cup Semi Final in 2017, when he took a full week off after we beat them on penalties.

Utter roaster.

Im sure history had been re written about a year after they got beaten , that’s the reason he wouldn’t have known about it

The worst level of obsession I've encountered is a Tim in work (I know) went to Dave King's court case every day!!.
I'm sure he goes on FF.
im not one for having timmy pals but there is about 2/3 i am friendly with (but keep at arms length) and one a guy in his 30s who admits his dad is on here all the time and has been for years
just think about that a guy in his 50s on a rival teams forum kidding on hes a bluenose :oops:

Surely the smell alone would let people know?

Back