First European away game

My first euro away was the infamous 2-0 Luxembourg against Progres back in 2017.

Luckily since then I've seen us play away in Europe a further 10 times (11 in total) with three victories - Osijek, St Joseph's & Braga!

Would have loved to see that.... haha

Was a great trip we flew Newcastle to Bergen then a small propeller plane to molde the bold Jimmy Nail was on the plane to Bergen sitting in the front seat.as all the bears got pissed on the flight we all had our Lacoste trainers off waving them in the air singing crocodile shoes he was absolutely raging it was hilarious

Pre season tournament in Belgium 1983. It was meant to be set up for Rangers to play Royal Antwerp in the final. But naturally we lost to F.C. Beerschot in the semi. Remember the Belgian police assault on the bar afterwards, it was a bit lively.

Leeds 92, followed up with CSKA in Bochum, then Brugge & Marseille.

Great European run, courtesy of KP loyal. Red lion days

Shelbourne down in Tranmere was...erm...interesting.

First proper one was PSV in 2000. Great start. Was also...interesting at times too.

Parma away 1998 with KP bus. Anyone who was on the trip remember the Swiss service station on way home :D

Yet to manage to fit one but definitely on bucket list , waiting for kids to grow up , may take a while . Amazing watching videos of fans .

My only European adventure was 1992 when 6 lads from Perth went to Poland to the match v Gornik Zabre. We went with the Nithsdale loyal OMG what an experience that was. My recollections were Monty clearing out the blackjack table on the ferry, border guards coming on the bus at the East German Polish border. A day trip to Auschwitz, and 1 poor guy not allowed of the bus to attend the game. Oh and an sash bash in the local disco at night.
Would love to know if anyone was on this trip?

The Gornik trip with the Nithsdale left on Sunday at 1200 and arrived at the hotel in Poland on the Tuesday at 1700.
Remember Archie McPherson having a meal in the hotel.

Back