First European away game

Paris St Germain,December 2001,went with Dixon’s Travel.We got an extra night due to a French ATC strike,massive party in some shithole hotel after the game,never saw the hotel room :)

Also PSG Dec 2001.
17hours on the bus.
We had one 60min tape to play. Around 45min of which was the 'roll of the dead'.

Had a ticket for the Rangers end but couldnt get in due to the amount of Bears who had purchased at HMV for the PSG end but went into the Rangers end.

Police refused us entry as it was full.
Had to literally break in to the PSG end. Watched from opposite the tunnel right up the back with about 50 - 100 bears.

Still have the full ticket untouched and intact

Monaco in 2000. 30 hours on the bus, never again!

Great result though.

I was in 6th year at school, returned with a letter from my folks excusing my absence and still got hauled over the coals by guidance and head teachers. Left the heads office and the assistant heads door swung open, thought I was gonna get more grief. But the assistant shut the door and excitedly wanted to know how the trip/stadium etc was!

Mr McAlinden. Top man

Also PSG Dec 2001.
17hours on the bus.
We had one 60min tape to play. Around 45min of which was the 'roll of the dead'.

Had a ticket for the Rangers end but couldnt get in due to the amount of Bears who had purchased at HMV for the PSG end but went into the Rangers end.

Police refused us entry as it was full.
Had to literally break in to the PSG end. Watched from opposite the tunnel right up the back with about 50 - 100 bears.

Still have the full ticket untouched and intact
Yeah,we had Rangers end tickets but the turnstiles were padlocked by the time we arrived.We had to “break in” to their main stand area along with about 100 other Bears :)

Leverkusen 1 Rangers 2 1998
Went on KP bus , usual drunken madness. Remember the bus being stopped somewhere by the police. We'd ransacked a petrol station and coppers made us get off the bus while they checked it. Not sure if they actually took anything off

Valencia 1999 was on holiday in portugal with my maw dad and grandparents guy in pub was running a bus and had tickets

Gothenburg. Fantastic trip. Great weather, loads of beer and, as one punter put it "Even the ugly birds are stunning"

Ended up in some square where loads of tables were laid on (was their equivalent of the Glasgow Fair so lots of things for the locals were on). Full of Bears sitting talking to and laughing with the locals including the police. Some guy playing the keyboard singing away when he had the "brainwave" of asking if any of the visiting Rangers fans would like to sing a song.

Two minutes later we are all up on chairs and tables giving it laldy. Guy didn't get his microphone back for ages!

As with many trips watching Rangers abroad, the football ruined an otherwise excellent trip!

Bruges in '93 on the train, quickly followed by Marseille on the Nithsdale.
Always the highlight of the season for me.

Ajax 1996.
6 of us travelled with Newtownards Road Loyal. Think they had 2 buses & a mini bus travelled?
Remember getting off bus in Amsterdam & they paraded (flutes & drums) to 'hotel' in red light district!
An enjoyable & eventful trip despite beat 4-1!

Pre-season tournament in Lille v St Etienne in 1982. 0-0 draw and we won 6-5 on pens. Lost 2-1 to Lokeren the following day. Many of us were tear-gassed in pubs in the town by completely OTT thuggish French gendarmes.

First in actual European competition was away to Valetta in 1983 - won 8-0 with Davie McPherson scoring 4. Yes, really!

Villarreal in 06.

Never made the game tho. Landed in Alicante on the Sunday and went straight on the piss in Benidorm.

Ended up ripping my arm open and spent 2 days in hospital, got out on the Tuesday afternoon and went for a few beers to watch it in a pub then flew home Wednesday.

First and last euro trip:))

Dortmund 95 with The Crown,Bellshill. Never again on a bus.
As spoken about many times on here, the coldest I have ever been at a game. I still say the game only went ahead because of the amount of Bears there.

Reactions: SSR
Juventus in 1995.
Picked up from Hamilton Palace on the Monday morning arrived in Turin Tuesday afternoon.
Nightmare!

Lillestrom in European Cup prelim. Charter plane run by some guy Harry? Through nithsdale RSC . Left from Aberdeen airport. Pilots face when we passed the bunnet round for the driver was priceless.

nuremburg in 67
was doing french and german at school so left early to travel and" get first hand knowledge" of the peoples and customs
hitch hiked by myself
fuckin scary when i think back !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WATP
tell us more lol

Progres 0-0 this season. Picked the worst European game I possibly could’ve went to this season. Decided to book up for Leverkusen and it subsequently got cancelled. I’m a jinx :rolleyes:

Munich '89. Drive down to London coincided with the final day of The Ryder Cup on the radio then the trip coincided with Oktoberfest (even though it was September!). Drew 0-0 after getting pumped 3-1 at Ibrox by a very good team. Sure Terry Butcher played up front in Munich.

Back