First European away game

Stuttgart 2007,then Werder Bremen,Sporting Lisbon and Fiorentina. Missed out on the final but amazing games and results ile never forget.

Cologne 67,we won 3 nil at home,so should have been a happy trip,gubbed 3 nil,went to extra time, Henderson put us through in the last minute.just like now,we never do things the easy way

PSG in 2001 - win on pens.

What a few days that was. We were fortunate to have booked the Eurostar so we weren't affected by the French ATC strike the day before the game.

When RdB missed that penalty at the end of Extra Time I thought we were sunk. Going on to win on pens and then leaving the PdP hearing that the scum had been papped out by Valencia was the icing on the cake.

Werder bremen 08 then went to every round there after including final.still my favourite trip to date

Parma away 1999

36 hours in the bus from Cumbernauld to parma
Bumped in to some guys from Inverness at that game

They had left on the Saturday for a game against Motherwell, on the bus to Parma. Arrived on the Tuesday, one night there on the game then.straight back on the bus after after the game. Stopped at Easter Road on the Saturday then home.

F*CK that. That's why airplanes were invented.

Leeds 1 Rangers 2 in 1992

Managed to get an Elland Road ticket (both sets of away fans were banned at both legs by old bill) from a Leeds supporting client in Luton.

He made me promise not to wear any Gers colours - I didn't (well apart from a Luton Rangers Supporters Polo Shirt under my jumper) ;)

When big Hately scored that early screamer I instantaneously leapt up before quickly realising what I had done and immediately sat down..........too late .........load of Leeds came running down wanting to kill me...........giant of a bloke next to me got up and shouted at them ' Leave the Jock alone he's on his tod'

I politely nodded a thanks to him - not speaking, as my Southern English accent would have made the situation even worse - in their eyes a COCKNEY Rangers supporting c**t!

When Super headed in our second I just sat arms folded (inside wanting to scream & raise my fist with a YESSSSS) ................massive geezer then said with a wink ' If you'd have jumped up for that goal I WOULD have decked yer'

Fortunately managed to reach my car unharmed and enjoyed the drive home south immensely :))

Bayern Munich Nov 1999

Ditto - well my first abroad anyway, as I went to Leeds in 1992.

It just wasn't meant to be that night in Munich. We played brilliantly and even the Bayern manager said the best team lost. We hit the woodwork THREE times and of course the horrific Mols injury - oh what might have been for him and Rangers had he not tried to evade that 'tackle' :(

Tel Aviv away - great atmosphere by the beach during the day, bad result loved the summer holiday vibe.

Viktoria Zizkov in 2002 on the Nithsdale bus. First and last bus trip. Great laugh going but a killer on the way back, especially after getting beat 2-0.

BRILLIANT 3 day trip in a fantastic city - 90 mins of shite and a missed Barry Ferguson penalty apart!

It was the first Rangers Travel Club adventure.

Ajax in CL in 1996. In the Ajax end. Humped 4 v 1, but I remember both Laudrup and Gazza had great chances to score in opening 15 mins. Gazza got a straight red after bout 30 mins. Brilliant trip tho.

PSG away won on pens. The team they had our that night was full of superstars and we dominated them.

Inter Milan '84.

Went on a bus that left from Ibrox underground station, pretty sure it was shared with a RSC from Cumbernauld.

Ditto - well my first abroad anyway, as I went to Leeds in 1992.

It just wasn't meant to be that night in Munich. We played brilliantly and even the Bayern manager said the best team lost. We hit the woodwork THREE times and of course the horrific Mols injury - oh what might have been for him and Rangers had he not tried to evade that 'tackle' :(
Yeh remember it well ,just was not our night. Loved Munich ,great place.

Back