First game I have thought a full Ibrox would have had an impact on our performance

dunn1872

Official Ticketer
Really felt for the first time this season that having an empty stadium worked against us. First half was really flat and thought Poznan played without any fear. Ibrox would have been bouncing last night before the kick off and I think we would have started at a much higher tempo like we did for the first 20 minutes of the 2nd half. Don't think we can underestimate how hard it is to play Thursday and Sunday and play with the same high tempo we play at. The fans would have given them that bit more adrenaline.

Absolutely correct , having a raucous support there last night would have made a difference and drove the team on, I always think the atmosphere is great on a wet, cold European night.

I think our squad’s confidence and belief in themselves has grown immensely - much more likely now to ignore the impatient and negative element in our support (which will still exist when we eventually get back to having crowds).

The lack of crowds has helped us IMHO - but I agree with the OP - 50,000 Bears last night would have had a major impact for the good.

Had the same feelings. Although I suspect come around 55-65 mins there would have been tension and anxiety after a few passages of play that led to Hagi losing posession in a sloppy manner

Go against the grain here.
After 20 mins and no score, the natives would have been restless which transfers to the team
Last night, we were patient knowing the opportunity would com.
Get where you're coming from with that but for me, our performance wouldn't have been anywhere near as flat as that first half was with a full stadium and we would have been in their faces more.

I still think overall it’s helping us not having fans, the Euro games atmosphere is different to the spl games. Patience was the key last night as Gerrard said, and maybe in the first half some moaners would have been out in force which affects the players. Some people think “och it’s only Lech Poznań, we‘ll hammer this mob” football doesn’t work like that, I thought we were comfy enough last night.

Really felt for the first time this season that having an empty stadium worked against us. First half was really flat and thought Poznan played without any fear. Ibrox would have been bouncing last night before the kick off and I think we would have started at a much higher tempo like we did for the first 20 minutes of the 2nd half. Don't think we can underestimate how hard it is to play Thursday and Sunday and play with the same high tempo we play at. The fans would have given them that bit more adrenaline.
My take is yes the fans would have probably helped but I don’t think our opponents have been given enough credit. They were a very decent side well organised and technically very good.

Thought Porzan played like a good and strong physical team and it was just as well they lacked a sharp front man,I think we overestimate the crowd effect.

During normal times Lech would also have had an allocation for last night's game -
I'm quite sure they'd have taken up the full number of tickets - not just with travelling fans but also with U.K. based Poles

That would have added to the overall atmosphere imo & it would also have increased our exposure -

Whether it would also have affected our performance or the result - we'll never be able to tell for sure - but I suspect it has to have a positive effect

Spot on.
In certain circumstances, it may work for us, but last night was certainly one of those occasions where a bouncing Ibrox would have driven the team on during those periods when the players lost their tempo.

Go against the grain here.
After 20 mins and no score, the natives would have been restless which transfers to the team
Last night, we were patient knowing the opportunity would com.
The match thread parallels a packed Ibrox.

The Galatasaray game definitely missed a crowd. The ball would have been sooked into the net in that first 15-20 mins when we were on top of them.

There's always something special about the Ibrox atmosphere on European nights.
No fans in make it easier for the opposition to ease themselves into the game and our players lose the benefit of the crowd behind them lifting them if the game goes a bit flat and the tempo drops.
Connor Goldson briefly mentioned missing the crowd in his post match interview last night.

Possibly. The players have been commenting on missing the fans, but I think Poznan are a decent side and better than what people were thinking. The fans might've got a bit restless last night because of this

Either that or they’d have been down Mcgregors throat for his terrible distribution and all over the team for the lack of urgency.
Its a sad fact that we look a far more potent beast minus the crowd.

Back